SISTER: Part 2

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"--Set up for five meetings with the General Council tomorrow and check on security." You click off the recorder and slam the front door behind you.

"Ow!"

You hear Indra's muffled shriek through the walls in the guest bedroom. A thudding sound against a wall and loud thwack causes you to frown. You draw your blaster and creep toward the bedroom.

The door opens and out she runs, in her bra and panties. A tall man with fine inky black hair pulled in a ponytail and dingy clothes chases her out the room.

She stops in front of you.

"Channie." Indra chuckles nervously. Ray Lahdras, the man you know to be her husband of ten years wraps his arms around her. Swaying back and forth, he eyes you shamelessly.

"Hi Ray." You smile more out of politeness than anything else. They match in height, hair and eye color and sometimes-- temperament.

"Little Channie." Ray's eyes dart to your stomach, "Not so little anymore."

He makes a gesture with his right index finger being inserted into a hole created by the index finger and thumb of his left hand.

"Ray behave." Indra jabs him and plants a kiss on his cheek.

"Cute Ray real cute." You walk by them on the way to your bedroom to change. These dress uniforms are not as comfortable as your green fatigues.

"You don't mind if he stays do ya?" She yells to you.

"Course not." You turn the corner. What else can you say? Get your asshole husband out of here but you can stay?

"Great and don't worry about my transport, I parked it out of the way." He declares before you shut the door.

Hearing muffled giggles, you glance out the window and shake your head. Of course Ray would park a transport behind your house and not in a spaceport where it belongs.

Gods if we get caught. Ardeth is going to have a fit.


"Sis I'm getting hungry." Ray blows smoke from his cigarette over the food your placing on the dinner table.

"You sure you don't need any help?" Indra asks, she gives you an imploring look.

"Umm. Sure, could you get the main course off the counter and bring it here?"

Nodding, Indra winks and exits.

"So," Ray begins taking a puff, "Jedi."

You place an old saucer in front of him. It's all you have because there are no ashtrays in the house. Neither of you smoke.

"Thanks."

"Sure. And yes they're Jedi." You place pitchers of ice water and juice and a flask of wine on the table.

"Hmmm." He taps the ashes onto the saucer.

Ray never liked Jedi. As far back as you can remember, he's always had something negative to say about Jedi, Twi'leks, Hutts, Coruscant, the Senate and of course Titanese.

You don't know how he got to be so narrow-minded. After all, he's from Telos where they get off-worlders all the time. It's not like he was exposed to them only as an adult.

"Do you think your parents would have approved of such a relationship?" He eyes you warily as smoke escapes through his nostrils.

"I sure do." You waggle your eyebrows, "I'm a big girl now. They always trusted my judgment." Mom and dad barely approved of him when Indra brought him home after disappearing for a week and a half.

"Why do you live on this dust bucket anyway? You come from such a pretty place--"

"That was mostly devoid of Republic technology. Not to mention daddy moved us to the center system to get us away from that thank you very much."

He waves you off, "No. I don't buy that."

You know he is fishing for a fight. Deciding not to give it to him, you give an easier answer.

"I'm in the security forces. I'm stationed here."

"Oh." He nods, "INDRA! Where is that blasted food?"

Your son shifts positions inside you causing you to hiss lightly. A wave of emotion passes through you, in that sensation you feel his message. "Daddy."

Indra enters the dining room carrying the steaming cooked fowl on a platter. She eases it down on the table.

"Took you long enough." Ray grumbles. "Can we eat now?"

The door shuts jarring everyone's attention except for yours. Two hooded figures in dark brown robes step forward through the living room and then stop. You turn to see Qui-Gon Jinn and Ardeth Fey remove their hoods. Their impassive gaze lands on your guests.

Standing up, you stroll to your life mates.

"Ray and Indra Lahdras," You gesture to your left and right, "This is Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Knight Ardeth Fey. My sister and brother-in-law have dropped in for a visit."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Indra says pleasantly. Scoping the Jedi, she grins at you.

Ray shoots her a look of derision.

"It is good to meet you both." Qui-Gon nods at them, through your bond you since his exhaustion.

"Dinner is ready when you are." You stroke Ardeth's arm. He is silent. It is his normal reaction to strangers in his home.

"Please begin without us. We will be along shortly." Qui- Gon instructs in a serene tone.

___________________

Ardeth sits at one end of the table quietly cutting his meat while Qui-Gon at the other speaks to Ray. You sit diagonal to Qui still able to see Ardeth at the other end.

"I was thinking about settling on Telos but... a man needs to create a home from himself. Away from his parents."

You are hit with a craving for berry juice.

"That is understandable." Qui's rumbling voice is in marked contrast to Ray's raspy one.

"Really?" Ray asks in between bites, "You Jedi are raised without parents. Without family. How would you know?"

"The need to search, to go beyond ones familiar surroundings is something everyone goes through at some point in their lives. We Jedi experience this reality at a younger age than most."

The Force shifts and hums in waves. "Juice," Your son demands in a whisper.

You've been to the bathroom three times already and have had enough liquids to fill a pool. You're not thirsty. Well not really.

Ardeth chews his food slowly; his attention turns to you.

"Living in the temple is not like the real world where you have to work to survive." Ray finishes the last of his wine and pours more. "And there's the Force--"

"Ray." Indra warns blushing slightly.

"No it's all right." Qui assures her with a compassionate smile.

Your craving for the juice grows stronger and stronger. Your baby moves within you, shuffling and turning. He kicks and then-- it's as if the air in the room moves.

Chana. Drink. Ardeth projects to you taking a morsel of food off his fork.

I'm not thirsty.

The pitcher of berry juice in front of you shakes.

"Superstitious magic." Ray snorts just as the pitcher of juice slides towards you and stops. The glass container trembles violently.

All eyes turn to you.

"Juice anyone?" You ask trying not to look embarrassed. Ardeth chuckles softly. You pour yourself a heaping glass and gulp it down.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||