THE WARRIOR: SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION

by:  Darth Diebin
Feedback to:  diebin@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


I like to watch you as you sleep, my love.

My love. What a funny thing to call you. It wasn't suppose to happen this way, you know. I was supposed to seduce you, to convince you to teach me what I needed to know. I'm almost done learning now--but sometime in the past few months the lies became truth--

I do love you, Obi-Wan Kenobi. And I will only hurt you.

There is no light in space, so I had to turn the cabin lights on to look at you. Just a little--just enough to make the outline of your face clear to me.

You're so beautiful when you sleep. The hard lines that have been etched into your face over the past year--they slip away. You look younger. Almost like the young foolish man who came to save our planet so many years ago.

I hated you then, you know. So superior, so sure of yourself. When I was trapped on that ship with you on Tatooine, I wanted nothing more than to claw your eyes out. Snapping orders left and right, cloaked in that maddening Jedi superiority. That confidence, the arrogance--you were convinced you were invincible.

But you weren't, were you? And neither was Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon. He annoyed Padmé as much as you annoyed me. I think he knew our secret--knew who she really was. And how he teased her . . . I've never seen her so angry before. She came back after that podrace and actually asked me if killing a Jedi would create a diplomatic incident.

She was young then too.

You must know that I'm awake, because you're stirring. Eyelashes flutter as your sleepy eyes stare up at me . . . beautiful eyes, when they're not clouded with pain.

"Am I that amusing to watch sleeping?" you ask sleepily, your voice husky. I smile, letting a fingernail trace the arch of your brow.

"I like watching you." It is all the reply I give you, but you smile, pulling me down into your arms.

"You have all the time in the world," you whisper into my ear. A wave of your hand brings the lights back down. "Sleep, Sabé. We have work to do tomorrow."

I subside, laying still in your arms--but I don't sleep. I know what you don't know--that I will be gone soon. I have to treasure each moment I have with you . . .

Because I am going to kill Anakin, and I will die trying.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||