SABÉ'S JOURNAL: Part 4

by:  JazzyJedi LA
Feedback to:  JazzyJediLA@aol.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


While enroute to Coruscant, we had some time to kill. I continued playing around with the library and drilling Eirtae on her defense skills. She was weak in that area, her main tasks were etiquette and protocol. Very important abilities, but now she had to know more. Coming from a wealthy family made her a bit whiny and spoiled, in my opinion, but to her credit, she knew that she needed to get serious and learn what she could from me. This session wasn't going too well though. Thank goodness we were only using dummy practice blasters.

"Eirtae, grip the pistol and aim it firmly. Stop wincing and shrinking back," I ordered.

She looked exasperated. "I'm trying," she wailed.

Rabe looked on, studying the tension between us. She served as hairdresser to the Queen, but she was also a master at psychology. Good thing too. If she couldn't explain Eirtae's behavior to me later, I was going to have to throttle the rich kid.

Eirtae's frustration was getting the better of her. "I shouldn't have to do this! I could have volunteered for the army if I wanted to do this! I'm just supposed to have a nice job worthy of my station."

I stopped trying to teach, and took deep breaths. "Eirtae, you signed the same contract as the rest of us. This is something we all have to do."

"Sabé, I read the contract, but Naboo had been at been at peace forever before this. I had no idea I'd actually have to operate one of these things." She thrust the pistol toward me like it was something vile.

I took it from her. "Perhaps when we get to a proper firing range, you'll find it easier to practice. For now, if anything happens, stay behind me and Rabe."

She scowled at me. "I'll get the hang of it. Just let me have a break, all right?" I nodded.

Eirtae stalked off darkly, while Rabe remained, still sitting on a side area of the throne room.

"What's wrong here, Rabe? I've been able to teach almost anybody, but she just won't learn, she fights me every step of the way," said, sitting next to my cohort.

"She really is uncomfortable with the idea, but there's something else, Sabé. She's quite jealous of you, and you are vulnerable enough to attack on a couple of points. Protect yourself and don't fall into the little traps she may set. She's still immature enough for that."

"Jealous? Of me? Why, what's there to be jealous of?" I had no idea what Rabe was talking about.

"If for no other reason, that you can do your job better than she can. She'll grow out of that in time. For all her talk of her position, she's insecure. Just keep teaching her, she'll find her role." Rabe continued, "And there's the matter of your tryst with the Jedi," at this, she grinned. "Trust me, she's very jealous of that. At the moment she's the only one of us without at least a minor relationship."

I laughed. "Minor isn't the word for mine, try nonexistent. All we did was have some extremely satisfying sex, at least it was for me. I wouldn't call that a relationship. Very nice, but there's nothing there that will last. Not that I wouldn't wish otherwise, but the reality is, I probably won't ever see him again after we land on Coruscant. I can't get attached." Rabe just smiled, like she had some delicious secret.

"So you say, Sabé. But Eirtae doesn't know that. And she wouldn't mind even a 'meaningless' encounter right now," Rabe replied.

I wanted to change the subject. "But there's obviously a lot you know that I don't. Like your own relationship, I've been wondering where you were sneaking off to. One of the guards that escaped with us?"

She nodded, "I had my eye on him before we left Naboo, I just hadn't figured out how to break the ice. Being thrown together on the ship made things much easier. Wish me luck, my friend."

I was pleasantly surprised and pleased for Rabe. "You've got it. So it seems that you are the only one really doing well, but she doesn't pick on you. Why antagonize me?"

"Precisely because I am doing well. I have a better chance at a stable future with a Naboo guard than you do with a wandering Jedi. She can use that to her advantage. Don't let her play you, Sabé. Just remember, it's a phase she's going through."

I sighed. "All right, but that doesn't make it less difficult sometimes. Thanks, as always, for your gracious advice. I can see why the Queen needs you around to stay sane."

The Queen entered, with Eirtae in tow. "I think this handmaiden is ready to continue her lesson, Sabé. Shall we work together now, Eirtae?"

She must have had some words with Amidala. She respectfully answered, "Yes, Your Highness," and went to pick up the blaster.

After a much more successful session, I called it off for the day. We packed the blasters in the case and started making conversation.

"Your Highness, how is young Anakin doing? I hope the boy is settling in well after leaving Tatooine. About his reward, what about setting him up a home on Naboo? It seems to me that's what he needs more than anything, and it would be very easy to arrange, what do you think?" I asked.

Amidala looked distant. She was growing cooler the closer we got to Coruscant. I sensed that this was the way she felt she needed to prepare in order to present our case to the Senate. I didn't agree, but I was not going to be able to influence her about that.

"There is one need greater than a home for him. That's his mother. I'm not sure what we're going to do about that. I'll have to speak to my advisors when our trouble is past. Getting involved in a slavery issue could be touchy for us," the Queen said.

I was disgusted by the politics of it all. I didn't blame Amidala, all this was set up long before she came into power. That didn't mean I had to like it.

"Oh, but you asked how he is settling in. He's been cold since he left the planet," the Queen told us. I hope that he's not ill. I'll go check on him again soon."

A chime let us know that someone was requesting entrance to the room. I sat back on the throne in my disguise and let Rabe see who it was.

Panaka entered. He was here to tell us we were almost to Coruscant.


The Queen, Rabe, and Eirtae were on their way to Senator Palpatine's office to discuss what options were available to solve Naboo's crisis. I was allowed to remain behind in the quarters reserved for us. I was off duty, but I might be called upon to relieve one of my group at any time, so I stayed alert and ready.

I wandered over to the window and studied the view of Coruscant. Some considered it a lovely place, full of interesting buildings, streets, levels and lights. It made me cringe. I longed for the green of the meadows, forests and swamps of Naboo. I was so glad that we had kept most of the land as it was, even if it meant that we had to depend on other worlds for some of our necessities.

While considering this, the comlink I was wearing chimed. One of our guards announced, "Handmaiden, a meal has arrived for you."

I sighed. Rabe was playing mother hen again. My appetite was lighter than it had been at home, true, but I did not need her to be so overprotective. "All right send it in," I responded. I still was only going to pick at it.

I heard the door slide open. Still looking out the window, I directed, "Just put it anywhere." Then I turned around to deal with it. My heart leapt with joy.

Instead of the delivery droid I was expecting, Obi-Wan was holding a tray containing one of the most elaborate dishes I have seen in a long time. He had a slightly puzzled look on his face, as if he really didn't know quite why he was here.

I swallowed hard, and steadied myself. I pushed the hood back to reveal my face and greet the Jedi. He looked me in the eyes and suddenly the expression changed to one of relief and delight. I liked that.

"I didn't know that Jedi's duties included providing nutrition to handmaidens," I smiled.

"For today, this Jedi's duties do," he quipped back, not missing a beat. He sat the tray down on the table in the outer room, setting up the utensils and beverages. "And really, I'm due a cushy assignment for a change. Sharing a gourmet meal with a beautiful woman should be on the roster more often." I was very pleased with the compliment, but tried not to blush about him yet again.

"You mean that you and Master Qui-Gon don't do that every week? I'm surprised, it's certainly not due to lack of interest," I stated, with a sly grin. "The two of you make quite a handsome pair. You must have many candidates for such an honor."

He put his hand on his chin and looked up in mock seriousness. "Ah yes, well, let's see...Master and I had a most interesting dinner a few weeks back with synthorations and a swarm of stinging Corellian mosquitos. On Kubindi, we scavenged for moss and leaves while evading some vicious little razorback creatures. And how could I forget that wonderful breakfast of purple flavorless goo that the Eurturpeans offered as their finest delicacy?"

I giggled warmly, and he faced me, hands in the air, pretending to concede my point. "You're right, Lady. We float along from one feast to another, such is a Jedi's lot." His smile let me know that he felt comfortable with me.

"Please, call me Sabé. And I always suspected as much, now let's partake of your latest repast. I hope this will be a more pleasant experience for you than the ones you just spoke of," I said, seating myself at the table as he did.

His eyes met mine. Softly this time, he replied, "It already is, but not because of the food." A thrill ran through me.

Regaining my composure, I began eating, as did he. The dish was truly delectable, a Calamarian fish with a spicy sweet sauce. There were fresh vegetables on the side cut into sticks and a bread of exotic brown color. There was a Naboo wine, one of our rare crops and this was an especially good vintage. But seeing the bottle reminded me of home, and a wave of sadness passed through me.

Obi-Wan looked concerned. He reached out and touched my hand. "Don't let it sadden you. It's meant to remind you of the good things about your home and give you courage." He offered one of the extra napkins to me, so I could dab at the tears threatening to flow.

I sniffed, dabbed and nodded. Taking the glass into hand, I raised it to him. "Thank you, Jedi," I said as I raised the glass to my lips and sipped. I let my eyes meet his again.

His hand that had touched mine now clasped it. "Obi-Wan," he said.

"Yes," I smiled. "Thank you, Obi-Wan." At that moment somehow I knew that he realized who I was, the one who had impersonated the Queen with him. I couldn't yet say so, but I was glad he knew. It made me feel more free.

Releasing my hand, he picked up a piece of the fruit that was dessert. He held it out to me, thinking that I would take it with my fingers to eat. With some trepidation, I had a surprise for him.

While he still held it, I nibbled along the ripe red morsel. When I reached the edge of his fingers, I took the food with my other hand and took two fingers in my mouth. I kept my eyes on his expression the whole time, to be sure that this was all right.

His eyes widened in surprise at first, then he leaned back in his seat, closed his eyes and nodded to me.

Encouraged, I moved closer to him. I sucked on the fingers now, moving them in and out from between my lips. In a flash, he pulled me into his lap. He tugged gently to remove his hand. With the other hand, he clasped the back of my head, and guided me to his open mouth. We almost could have swallowed each other in that kiss, it was so deep.

//You have another appetite that needs fulfilling, I think// he sent.

//I do, will you help me?// was my response.

//I would be honored// he replied.

I unhooked the blue satin cloak I was wearing and threw it back. He reached around my back to undo my dress. I stood up and let it fall. Obi-Wan was pleased with what he saw, it was beginning to show on him. I smiled, still surprised that I could have that effect on anyone, much less a Jedi.

"It's I who feel honored. The young men on Naboo never seemed to find me attractive, not like you do, anyway," said, dryly noting his increasing bulge.

"Then the young men of Naboo are idiots, and don't deserve such as you," he gasped. He reached out, grasped my hand, and pulled me out of the pile my dress had made on the floor, back to his lap.

We resumed kissing, and his hands began wandering over my body, searching for the places that would welcome his touch. That was just about everywhere, frankly.

After a moment, I spoke up. "Here I am, almost naked, and you're still clothed. We should do something about that."

Flashing that wickedly sexy grin again, he solved that problem in short order. He not only removed his own clothing, he had to show that he could take my bra and panties off using the Force. The same tingle that I felt during our first time returned and it helped with the process.

He had coaxed me onto my back and was about to perform some incredible tongue bath ritual, when he shook his head. "Oh no," he exclaimed.

"What's wrong," I asked, concerned.

"My master's calling me. Says the Council will be ready to see us soon," he said, somewhat embarrassed.

"So you have to go now?" I moaned.

"I let him know I was indisposed, and that I would be with him in a short while. Sorry, but this is going to have to be a quickie. Not as satisfying, but it will do."

With that, he put his forehead to mine, a hand at my temple. I began to pick up on the waves of pleasure, like a fast forward of the experience before.

Now that our arousal was complete, we could slow down a bit. I was ready to receive him and did so eagerly. He eased in, and set the pace. I loved the feel of him sliding in and out of me, and arched myself against him to touch as much of him as I could.

// Show me more// I sent him, as I cried out, louder.

He withdrew. I protested, but he kissed me. "Patience, try this with me," he said.

He sent me the image of the position I should take. All fours. Hmmm.

I did so, then he was upon me from behind. He entered expertly and continued the process. This time, he used one free hand to stimulate other areas on me, moving from clit, to small of my back, to a breast. With the acceleration he was having to use, it wasn't long before we both came. Like he said, it would do. It was like having fast food, when wanting an expertly prepared cuisine.

He turned me around, giving me a hug and small quick kiss. "I must go, take care of your Queen, and take care of yourself, Sabé."

We dressed quickly, and I let him out. I watched him hurry down the hall, sorry to see him go for what could be the last time.

Then I noticed our guard. He was Rabe's sweetheart. He smiled knowingly. "Can I tell her it's all right to come back now?"

I rubbed my forehead, half embarrassed, half amused. "Yes, you may. Thank you."


A few hours after Obi-Wan's visit, the Queen was readying for her Senate appearance. She had selected her most elaborate robe, thinking that it would impress everyone with the majesty of Naboo.

My orders were to continue to remain in the Senator's guest quarters. I would monitor what was going on, and staying out of sight would ensure that I could resume the Queen's position later.

When Amidala was almost ready, a signal sounded on the comlink. The guard outside recognized Anakin and announced him. I decided to allow him in. I was hoping the Queen would agree to see him.

When he entered and asked for Padme, I could see the sadness and worry on his face. He needed to speak to his friend before his test, the one he trusted most with his heart and soul. The girl he already loved.

I glanced up at Amidala when she looked through the doorway to see who had arrived. I met her eyes and with my expressions tried to convince her.

::Tell him the truth, Your Highness. He has earned the right to know. He will not betray you!:: I wanted to shout it out, but I could not.

Her eyes, her expression, remained cool. My effort had failed. Only her voice softened slightly, as she told Anakin that she would relay his message to Padme. She then returned to the inner chamber. It was the only time I've ever been angry with her.

The boy, looking as though he felt hollow, turned to go. "Ani," I said, kneeling so I could look at his face. I put a hand on his shoulder. Slowly, I spoke. "You must know that I cannot promise this, but if it is possible, I will send Padme to see you."

He gave me that intense look. "You understand."

"Yes, Ani, I understand. I too, am away from home, far from family who love me and there is someone I care for who is near, but has duties to perform."

He grabbed my hand, we gave each other a quick clasp of support. Then he left for his test.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||