RISKY JEDI BUSINESS: Part 1

by:  Judy
Feedback to:  brazos@iglou.com

Author's Notes: Okay, I was told to write this plot bunny up, so here it is (well, part 1 anyway). This kinda took on a life of it's own after I got started writing, and so I have to say that the movie Risky Business has just served as inspiration more than anything (besides, my memories of that movie are pretty vague anyway).

And also, I consider this my homage to our esteemed comic geniuses ElaineMc and Aya. Hope I do you gals justice with this one!



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


'Finally! Got the joint to myself!' Obi-Wan thought gleefully after wishing his Master a good evening. "Woo hoo!"

The eighteen-year-old Jedi padawan was home alone. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had been coerced ... well, that was a polite term. His Master's language had been a bit more harsh ... by Master Windu into attending some high-level Senate reception. Master Windu had said to expect a very late night. Qui-Gon had not been pleased.

Apprentices weren't included on the invitation and that suited Obi-Wan just fine. He turned around and looked at the quarters he shared with Qui-Gon. 'What to do? What to do? Meditate? Nah. Levitate stuff? Nah. Saber practice. No way. Would probably knock something over. Hmm...' Obi-Wan couldn't decide.

Then inspiration struck. His Master's music collection. 'He won't mind if I borrow some music crystals to listen to.' Obi-Wan knew his Master had eclectic tastes, but...dang! "Let's see," he murmured to himself as he rummaged through the crystals, " 'Akiri Farlik and the Starshines'? Ewww." Obi-Wan wrinkled his nose, shuddering slightly. "How old is that?" He picked up another one. "Who's this?" He'd never heard of the musician. "Bob Seger and the Silver-Bullet Band? Sounds as bad as that Starshines group."

But something pulled at Obi-Wan. The Force? Nope, just curiosity. He had to listen to the Bob Seger crystal. Putting it in the player, Obi-Wan cringed slightly, but was pleasantly surprised when the jamming sounds of Bob Seger came bursting forth from the speakers. "Wizard! Not bad, Master, not bad." The music wasn't as hard as Obi-Wan usually liked, but the beat was compelling and soon Obi-Wan was moving to the music.

Suddenly, the comm unit buzzed, and Obi-Wan paused the player to see who it was.

"Traz! Gods, it's good to see you!" Obi-Wan beamed at his old friend from their academy days. "Are you here on Coruscant?"

"Yes, my friend. My Master and I arrived two days ago. I apologize for not contacting you sooner but he kept me busy with paperwork, errands. You know how it is."

"Tell me about it. Hey, listen, I'm Master-less this evening. Wanna go do something?"

"Actually that's what I was calling *you* about," laughed Traz. "My poor Master had to go to some Senate thing. Boooring."

"Yours too? Wonder what they did to deserve that punishment? Ha!" Obi-Wan and Traz both laughed evilly.

Plans were made and Obi-Wan ended the call.

They were going out. Two guys out on the prowl. It was time to get in the mood to party:

The music blared: "Duhn, duhn, duhn, duhn, DUHN, duhn, duhn, dunh"

Obi-Wan slid into the living room in nothing but his white shirt, underwear, and socks. Wearing shades and holding a brush, he began dancing around the apartment and singing the lyrics at the top of his lungs.

"Just take those old records off the shelf."

On the couch, he performed an air guitar jam.

"I'll sit and listen to them by myself."

On the kitchen bar, he shook what he supposed was his "groove thang."

"Today's music ain't got the same soul."

In front of his bedroom mirror, he sang to his imaginary audience.

"I like that old time rock n' roll."

Across the living room floor, he ended his show with a well-timed knee slide.

"Yeah!" He pumped a fist.

"Thank you, Coruscant!" he shouted, then started when the door chimed. "Oh, Great Bantha! Just a minute!"

He hurriedly pulled on his pants, found some shoes, then rushed to the door. He was still trying to cram on an uncooperative shoe, when the door slid open to reveal Traz and .... some other people. A lot of other people.

Obi-Wan stared. "Umm...Traz?...ummm"

"Hey, Obi-Wan! Great to see you! I hope you don't mind me bringing over some other friends. Word about the party kinda got out."

"Yeah, I see," Obi-Wan replied weakly. He was getting a bad feeling about this. "But I thought we were going *out*?"

"Wellll," said Traz looking down at his feet. "My Master doesn't want me leaving the Temple without him because of what happened the last time, but that's not important right now. And besides," he continued on quickly. "your place is big enough for this party!"

With that, a stream of people poured past Obi-Wan into the apartment. Everyone seemed to be carrying liquor of some variety or another. "Psst. Traz! They've all got alcohol!" Obi-Wan hissed.

"Yeah, I know!" said Traz excitedly. "And guess what else I brought?"

With that, in walked a group of women wearing various states of undress.

Obi-Wan had a strong feeling they didn't live here in the Jedi Temple.


Part 1    Part 2

Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||