THE REWARD IS SWEET

by:  JazzyJedi LA
Feedback to:  JazzyJedi LA

Author's Notes: I was requested to write more on the "Patience" storyline, so here it is. I had thought at first to make it a nice sweet romance, but the smut bunny bit me, and this is what you get.



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


The dance with Obi-Wan ended, but he stayed with Sabe for another, and another. She felt as though she were floating along, and had to keep reminding herself this was really happening.

Anakin kissed his bride, and tenderly broke away from her. He approached Obi-Wan and Sabe, then tapped on Obi-Wan to cut in.

"I thought you had your own," Obi-Wan growled playfully.

"I do, but I would like a chat with the Maid of Honor, if you don't mind, Master," Anakin smiled. "I think she should be warned about the dangers of too much contact with you."

"Me, dangerous? Ani, that's the most flattering thing you've ever said about me, and in front of a beautiful woman, at that. Very well, one dance. She is a longtime friend of yours, after all." Obi-Wan bowed slightly to Sabe. "My lady, I shall return shortly. I wouldn't leave you in the hands of this newlywed upstart for long." Kenobi grinned at them both and went to chat with others around the ballroom.

Ani's smile was the widest Sabe had ever seen, it went from ear to ear. "I just wanted to tell you, Ami and I are sneaking out in disguise to a small cabin at the very edge of the forest. We wanted to really be alone for our first night. That means the Royal bedchamber will be unoccupied if you wish to take advantage of it."

Sabe blushed a deep crimson. "Ani," she scolded. "Don't you think that's a bit presumptuous? I don't know if he feels that way about me yet."

"I see a gleam in his eye. If you want him tonight, you can have him. It's up to you," Ani commented. "You're not nervous, are you? I know you've fantasized about this for years. I've seen you fiercely protect Ami. I know you can cut a battle droid at the neck stem on a bad day with your wrong hand. Why be afraid?"

"I've wanted him for years, yes-but not as a one night stand. And protecting the Queen-that's easy. I'm only risking my life there. With Obi-Wan, I'm risking my heart, and that's much more perilous." She thought a moment. "Was it like this when you had your first real date with Ami? The sweet torture, the anticipation, the sense of vulnerability?"

Ani kissed her forehead. "All that, yes. I think you should take that as a good sign. My friend, just follow your heart. You'll know what to do." For the rest of the dance, they remained silent, but Ani sent her waves of reassurance through the Force.

When the music changed, Obi-Wan returned. "Your bride wants you, young Skywalker. Scamper off now." Then with much sentiment, he added, "Ani, I've never said it, but now that you're grown, you should know. I'm very proud of you." He reached out and grasped his Padawan's hand. Sabe could see a deep bond of affection and respect between them as they shook hands and looked in each other's face. She was moved that they felt secure enough with her to allow her to witness it. They both breathed deep sigh as they released their grip.

Ani bowed to them as he took his leave. He gave Sabe an encouraging look, then rejoined Amidala.

Sabe and Obi-Wan danced together on and off throughout the rest of the reception. Just before the newlyweds left, Amidala and Sabe spent a few private moments together, hugging and sharing the emotions that were running wild during the entire night. Their bond, even though not a Force enhanced one, was still strong, and it was a comfort to them both with the changes this night was bringing. Ani and then Obi-Wan joined them, and the four of them in a ring with arms around each other allowed the affection they felt for one another to pass between them, aided by Ani and Obi-Wan's Force skills.

Sabe felt the touch of Ani's mind first. It was a familiar one, they had supported each other in this way before. Ani then let her feel Amidala's thoughts. She was surprised to learn just how deeply the Queen held her in her heart. She knew there was a sisterly connection between them and Amidala had always regarded her with friendship and respect, but to find that she really loved her as more than a servant, loved her in the same close way that Sabe had always felt for her was a revelation.

I'll never leave you Sabe sent to Amidala

Nor I, you. Amidala replied. I'm so sorry for the pain you've felt in the past because of me.

Leave it in the past Sabe sent. Tonight is a new beginning

Indeed it is. Let us celebrate Obi-Wan broke in.

Anakin attempted to enhance Sabe's connection so that she could see Obi-Wan's mind more clearly. But the Master shook his head. That is for me alone to reveal, Padawan. All in good time. Ani backed off, but looked very pleased all the same.

They ended the communion, all four of them with slightly teary eyes.

Later, the festivities over, the bridal couple having made their escape, Obi-Wan walked Sabe to the Handmaiden's quarters.

"It's been a lovely night with even lovelier company. I hope to see you again," Obi-Wan told Sabe at the door to the area the girls shared. He took her hand in his and kissed it. At the touch of his lips, she had to bite the inside of her cheek. She reminded herself that she was the cool levelheaded one and must remain so.

"I would like that," Sabe replied. She didn't know what else to say. She still found it hard to believe that the one she had longed for actually wished to see her.

"I'll be in touch," he said. He bowed, and turned to leave. Sabe watched him go and sighed, still giddy from everything that had happened during the night.

Obi-Wan walked a few steps away, then stopped. He turned his head to the side. "No," he said.

"I beg your pardon?" Sabe asked.

He turned, hands on hips. "No, this will not do." He walked back to her and suddenly swept her up in his arms. He kissed her deeply and she felt her knees go weak. She went slightly limp at first, receiving the kiss, then she stood, gathered her strength and returned it with all the feeling that had built up over the years. Obi-Wan reacted with surprise at her response. He accepted her offering and picked her up. "Which is your room?"

"The one at the far end of the hall," she said, determination in her voice.

Force opening the lock, Obi-Wan carried her through the common living room and down the hall to her private bedroom. They passed Sache and Eirtae sitting on the couch watching a holovid and eating popcorn.

The two handmaidens had turned when the door opened to greet whoever was arriving, but not a word was said as they witnessed the Jedi carrying their cohort. They turned back to the holovid and sat for a moment.

Eirtae shook her head. "Did I see what I thought I saw?"

Sache flashed a wicked smile. "Yep, don't see that everyday. I think we'll be hearing the results soon."

Obi-Wan laid Sabe on her bed. He kissed her face, her lips and her throat. She raised each area to meet his mouth, wishing to feel him all over her at once.

He shrugged his cloak off, then followed by the boots, tunic and pants. Sabe had already started feeling that sweet warmth and growing wetness as soon as he had picked her up, but with him nude and erect in front of her, it was almost more than she could bear. She began to undo her dress, but he stopped her.

"Let me," he urged. "You do so much for everyone. It's time someone took care of you. I want to...," He didn't finish the sentence for nibbling her shoulder while he finished undoing the dress from the back. He pushed the light blue satin down to her waist while he kissed, licked and nipped all over her torso. He reached her nipples, lovingly licking and sucking one, while he teased the other with the calloused tips of his fingers.

Sabe could feel herself growing ever more hotter and wetter with each second. Uuuuh.....ooooohhh.....Kenobiiiiii," she moaned.

Obi-Wan. Call me Obi-Wan, please

"Yes, Obi-Wan. Beautiful Obi-Wan," she whispered, her breath quickening. She parted her legs, hoping he would be as attentive there as he was to her breasts. She thought she might go crazy soon if he didn't shift his attention.

In a moment, Sweetness. I want to discover you properly. You've waited long enough, you deserve real lovemaking, not just a gratification.

She growled and ran her fingernails lightly over his back. She was throbbing and her writhing signaled her impatience.

After teasing her few more seconds with long slow caresses of his tongue under the curves of her breasts and down to her navel, he let her pull the dress off completely. He gently pushed her legs farther apart, and nibbled on her thighs, working his way in.

"Good," he moaned. "You smell so good. I know you must taste good. Do you want me to taste you?"

She raised her hips to him. "I'll die if you don't. Please-oh please, taste me. Tell me if you like it."

Obi-Wan inhaled deeply, then dipped his tongue into her, lapping at her lips and her clit. Sabe groaned in ecstasy with each movement against her sensitive areas. He stayed there, sensing where she wanted him, and how to bring her the utmost pleasure. She let the waves wash over her and the climax caused her to scream.

She was relaxing from the orgasm and catching her breath, when he moved alongside her. He held her close, and she caught her scent on his face.

When she was calm enough, he nuzzled her. "Your flavor--you wanted to know if I like it. I don't like it."

"You don't?" she asked, stroking his neck. She was still so calm after her climax, she did not feel upset.

"No. I love it." With that, rolled over on top on her and entered her with a single thrust. She cried out with the pleasure of the friction, combined with her own savory essence on his lips as he kissed her.

Again and again he hit her sweet spot and she got louder with each thrust. Every bit of the experience sent bliss through her, from the way he completely filled her, his chest rubbing against hers, his tongue running over her lips and into her mouth, playing with hers. Then she felt his thoughts entwining with hers.

Oh Gods, Love. This was worth the wait. she thought at him.

Yes, it was. Are you ready? Come with me now. he urged.

The mutual orgasm was the best she had ever had. His link enabled them to share the sensations and the emotions together that ran through both of them. Even though it bared her soul, she didn't regret it.

They lay together, still feeling the afterglow. "Now you know," Sabe said. "I love you. You even know just how long I've felt that way. Now what happens?"

"We live it one day at a time," Obi-Wan said. "That's what we do, Love."

Love, she thought to herself, just before she went to sleep while holding him close. He called me Love.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||