THE REBEL QUEEN: Prologue

by:  R. Morgaine D'Laar
Feedback to:  priestessmorgaine@yahoo.com

Author's Notes:  For people who think I'm just doing this story to save Qui-Gon Jinn... you're mistaken.  A very interesting plot line is coming into play.



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.Portions of the dialog were taken from "The Phantom Menace" (written by George Lucas).


...something funny happened on the way to the palace...


"I will not stand around waiting for the Senate to decide the fate of my planet in a committee," Queen Amidala raged. "I must take matters into my own hands."

With that, she pushed the Naboo box back to its place and stormed to her quarters, leaving a shocked Senate behind, muttering to each other.


"Your Majesty, why did you not call for a vote of no confidence? It is the only way to end this--" Senator Palpatine was cut off.

"The only legal way." Amidala had dressed more simply. She paced her chamber.

"You can't be proposing..."

"I will go back to Naboo and stand with my people, fight with them, die with them if necessary. I have a plan that will perhaps help our world."

"Anything you intend to do, can do, will be illegal. There is no way the Senate will continue to let you rule."

"Your job is to make it legal. You are very persuasive, Senator. Try it on Chancellor Valorum. I told my advisors that I would not lead us to war, but now it is the only way. Perhaps the Senate will not have to worry about letting me continue to lead."

Amidala's handmaidens, Rabé and Sadé, guided her to the door.

"You mean you would die? Please stay, Your Highness." Senator Palpatine sighed.

"The Senate is your arena, Senator. I must return to mine."


TWO DAYS LATER...

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi stood in front of Yoda, come to supervise the new peace in the wake of the defeat of the Trade Federation. He also had another thing to do.

"Kenobi, you will the Trials take. The Council has foreseen that you were right, Qui-Gon Jinn. You the boy will train and help you Kenobi will. If the Chosen One young Skywalker is, more than even just Qui-Gon's skill he will need. Living and Existing Force, of each he must know."

The two Jedi, Master and Padawan, walked out of the room and suddenly smiled at each other.

"There is much to be done, young Obi-Wan."

"Yes, Master. I am ready. I am just grateful we are all still alive."

(Darth Maul had not knocked Obi-Wan over a ledge--he was at Qui-Gon's side throughout the entire battle...)

Anakin Skywalker ran up to them.

"Hey! Master Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, sir! What happened?"

"We will both train you, Ani. That is the will of the Council."

"All right! This is so wizard! Two masters...I gotta go tell Padmé, uh, the Queen."

The small boy ran off before Qui-Gon could suggest that this was not really the right time to interrupt her, with the ceremony and all.

Obi-Wan laughed. It would be nice to have young energy around.


Queen Padmé Amidala, her handmaidens, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, the Jedi Council, Senator Palpatine, Chancellor Valorum, C3PO, and R2D2 stood on the steps of the palace at Theed. A parade passed through the streets and ended at their feet. Boss Nass, a Gungan general, and Jar Jar Binks led them.

Sadé handed Amidala the Globe of Peace. Padmé then gave it to Boss Nass, who came to stand next to her. "PEACE!" he cried so all the citizens of Naboo could hear. Everyone smiled.

the story didn't end there...


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||