THE Q MENACE: Part 8

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Kathryn could only watch as her body moved about the Borg ship - effecting repairs, doing odd jobs and the like. Her designation was Koral, subjunction 23, Unit 1 of 8. These beings were so cold - so inhuman. They had tapped into her mind and taken everything. She knew about them as well. Yet, what she knew she wished she could forget - Destruction of worlds, assimilation of entire species - the pain they felt, the horror, the terror. She felt like she was in a nightmare, yet in a way she was. She wished she could wake up and have it never have happened knowing that it wasn't a possibility. She felt helpless, for the first time in her life devoid of all hope. Yet, somewhere a ray of hope still shone in her soul. A memory flashed into her mind. Her father saying: "Do your best, Do your best in everything. After that, even if you fail you can never be ashamed of what you have attempted. Remember as well that no matter what happens to you or to me, you will always be my daughter, and I will always be proud of you and be there for you."

//Father, where are you? I need you now. Father please hear me, help me.//


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||