THE Q MENACE: Part 7

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


On the bridge of Voyager, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were making a frantic attempt to hold Kathryn. They could hear the Borg in her mind - taking all her memories, all her knowledge. Obi-Wan heard his Master, for the first time in his life, beg. Qui-Gon was begging his daughter to stay with him. Obi-Wan's hurt was small compared to what he realized his mentor was feeling. However, Qui-Gon did not allow it to show on his face. Suddenly, their hold was gone, as if nothing had ever been there. Obi-Wan cried out and fell to his hands and knees. The severance was painful. Qui-Gon placed one hand against his head, a pained expression on his face.

"What is it? What's the matter?" asked Janeway. When Qui-Gon didn't answer she started to call a medical team.

Qui-Gon waved his hand, "That's not necessary."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"No I'm not sure if we will ever be okay. Kathryn's presence in the Jedi Bond has just been severed." Qui-Gon turned and strode off the bridge - unsure of his destination - on the ship and in his life. He had just lost one of his two most precious friends in the universe – his Daughter. He knew full well that he might lose the other because of it - His Padawan.

Once the numbness and shock had worn off all Obi-Wan Kenobi could feel was anger - more anger than he had ever felt before. He had thought he knew what anger was - anger at Bruck, anger at Xantos, anger at Q - but they were all nothing. His anger had become a white - hot wall of fury. He found himself walking down the corridor approaching the holodeck. After his Master had left he had gotten to his feet and headed towards the holodeck. Once there he drew his lightsaber and had the computer recreate Borg. He slashed them down - first a hundred, then a thousand. He wanted them to pay. Suddenly he stopped. This was the dark side - revenge, hate. He disengaged his lightsaber, and turned. Qui-Gon was there - he had been watching.

Obi-Wan felt embarrassed. He stammered, "Master, how long have you been watching."

Qui-Gon stared at him for a minute. His eyes showed disapproval and fear.

//Fear of losing me - like he lost Xantos and Kathryn, lost to different things yes, but stilllost,// Obi-Wan realized. Qui-Gon turned and left without saying a word. However, the unspoken reprimand was worse to Obi-Wan than anything his master could have said.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||