THE Q MENACE: Part 6

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Kathryn Jinn's mind was engaged in a battle - a battle for survival of her mind for she had already lost control of her body. She had seen and felt them put the implants in her and the Borg body armor on her. The battle in her mind was going badly. She had already been backed into a corner. The army attacking her mental shield was relentless, forcing her further and further inside her own mind. For the first time in her life she knew stark terror, fear in the deepest sense. She knew that inevitably they would force her back so far that she would only be able to watch someone who was Kathryn and yet who was not. She would be so far back in her own mind that any fight really would be futile. The only part of herself that would even possibly be spared would be her deepest self, her most private emotions and thoughts. Yet, because she was a Jedi, and perhaps even more because of her stubborn nature, inherited from her father, she could not - would not ever give up. Not until she was released - either to life - or to death.

//I have to move back again, there's no way I can fight all of them. I'll never be able toescape. I can barely feel Father's and Obi-Wan's presences.//

She wanted to cry, to scream, to panic. Yet she knew that that would only expend energy and leave her mind and emotions that much more vulnerable to the relentless onslaught. She held onto her father's presence like a lifeline. But she was slipping.

Before she was truly trapped within her own mind she thought she heard her father tell her, //Kathryn, mydaughter, please hang on.// It could have been her imagination - her need to hear it, for at that moment His presence as well as Obi-Wan's was ripped from her. Yet, even so, she believed and hung on to the hope that they would save her and release her deepest self from its captivity.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||