THE Q MENACE: Part 5

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Because of the Master/Padawan bond, Qui-Gon could see into the depths of Obi-Wan's grief.

//He blames himself,// discovered Qui-Gon.

//He thinks he should have known that whichhe could not possibly have.//

Obi-Wan stood up. //Master I'm sorry, I have failed you - and Kathryn as well.//

//How so Padawan?//

//I should have . . .//

//Been able to stop what you could not? Known what no one - even a Jedi Master couldnot have known?//

//Master, I//

//Padawan, Obi-Wan, It's not your fault - no one blames you except yourself, and that isunnecessary.// Aloud Qui-Gon said "We'll get her back Padawan."

"And we'll help you," said Janeway.

"We appreciate your assistance." Qui-Gon said.

"It's the least we can do, though I have to warn you that it won't be easy." The group walked hurridly to the turbolift.

"Bridge." said Captain Janeway. Everyone was silent as the turbolift ascended.

//Master?//

//Yes Obi-Wan?//

//Kathryn's presence seems more . . . distant, far away. As if she's disappearing.//

//I feel it too Obi-Wan.// Qui-Gon could still feel the guilt and self-blame emanating from his pupil. Yet he said nothing, for there was nothing to be said or done to correct the situation. He sighed inwardly, //Kathryn, my daughter please hang on.// Qui-Gon attempted to hold onto Kathryn's mind to keep her from slipping any further away.

//I'm afraid for her Master//

//So am I, Padawan, So am I.// Grief and worry laced Qui-Gon's mental voice.

They arrived at the bridge and stood silently as Janeway ordered Paris to pursue the Borg. Kathryn's presence in the Jedi Bond was waneing, fading to a barely detectable glow.

//God, what are they doing to her// thought Obi-Wan.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||