THE Q MENACE: Part 3B

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Captain Janeway and Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn had been reviewing ideas and strategies as to how to get the three Jedi home. Qui-Gon could feel Janeway's exasperation with the situation and with Q.

"I apologize if our appearance here has disturbed your ship in any way."

Janeway said, "Don't bother apologizing, it's not your fault. It's Q - I don't know what he's up to this time, but I can just about guarantee you that he isn't interested in your daughter."

"I figured as much." Qui-Gon suddenly felt a sense of terror. Fear. Panic.

He happened to glance up through the window and saw - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan, sitting outside the ship. He stood up and Janeway turned around. She groaned.

"Not again."

"He can breathe outside in space?" Qui-Gon was shocked.

"This is all Q's doing. Q can manipulate time and space," explained Janeway. "Our physics don't always apply to . . ."

Before she could finish her sentence, Q appeared lounging on her ready room desk. He had a bunch of grapes in his hand. He plucked one and popped it into his mouth.

"Us, You rang, mon capitan?"

"Q get him inside right now."

"Aw don't be such a spoilsport. It's so dull out there with just black with stars sprinkled here and there, an occasional anomaly or planet perhaps and your ship is such a dull gray. I think it does something for the view, myself. A nice handsome young man everytime you look out the window. Don't you agree Kathy?"

Janeway didn't answer. "Shall I take that as a no as well. Well, I'll be, I'm just getting all kinds of rejection today."

Qui-Gon spoke using the force, "You will bring him back inside now."

"Do you really think that puny Jedi Mind tricks will work on me."

"Well if mind tricks won't work perhaps we should see if this does," said Qui-Gon drawing his lightsaber.

"First of all Jedi - you won't attack me. You and I both know that. Second no Q has ever died from a lightsaber wound."

"There's a first time for everything," said Qui-Gon evenly.

"True, true. Let me show you a Jedi trick I'm doing for the first time."

Q reached through the glass, grabbed Obi-Wan by the hair and pulled him through the glass while Janeway and Qui-Gon watched in amazement. Kathryn (Jinn) rushed into the ready room and sat by Obi- Wan as he collapsed gasping on the floor. Qui-Gon reached over and helped his apprentice into a standing position.

He then asked Q tersely, "Haven't we already been through enough?"

"Temper, temper, Jedi Master. It was all just harmless fun."

"You could have killed him." accused Janeway.

"But I didn't," pointed out Q, "I was just doing this to teach him a lesson."

"And what exactly would that be?" Obi-Wan asked angrily.

"To control your temper. This was just fun. What happens when it's for real? Your future in this universe holds things that will test you more than this. So braid-boy I'd watch yourself."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||