THE Q MENACE: Part 29

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999

Author's Notes:  This scene was inspired by Master It and Molly Wells.  When Moly was reading me her story over the phone she used the phrase "Qui-Gon wanted Obi-Wan to master it".  'It' being a mental exercise.  I for no reason heard the Master It part only and then started laughing hysterically.  Ummmmm, I know it's not that funny but it just struck me and I couldn't stop laughing.



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui-Gon had convinced Kathryn to eat a late dinner in the mess hall. He had felt that she needed to get out of her quarters. No one else was there except for Neelix who walked over moments later bringing two plates of what looked like pinkish, purplish, orange goop, to Kathryn. She grinned. Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow and Neelix looked puzzled.

"This is today's specialty. I thought you might like some." he offered.

"What's it called?" asked Kathryn.

"Well, the crew calls it goop but it doesn't really have a name."

"Well, it's colored like a sunrise."

"Interesting analogy," observed Qui-Gon. This started Kathryn laughing.

"You're right," said Neelix, "I didn't think of it that way."

"I do not believe many people would." said Qui-Gon dryly.

"Mr. Jinn we don't get to see that many sunrises in this endless night of space."

"Yes, but also remember that every endless night has a dawning day. There's always hope." said Qui-Gon pointedly. Throughout this entire conversation Kathryn has been sitting there laughing hysterically.

"Daughter, are you okay?" asked Qui-Gon, somewhat concerned by her behavior.

In between gasps for air Kathryn was able to say "Got a case of the giggles." She was now laughing so hard that tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Neelix spoke "Well, I'm going to name this wonderful culinary masterpiece (Master P) of mine after your daughter." Qui-Gon was able to suppress a chuckle but this announcement started Kathryn laughing even harder.

"I'm going to call this great work of art - Kathryn's Sunrise Surprise."

Kathryn continued to laugh.

"Have I said something funny? Do you like it?"

"You've done nothing but make me see that I can still have happiness even after all that I've been through, thank you, for everything."

Neelix looked very pleased, "By the way, this is the first food I've cooked that the crew has actually liked and said is good. Thank you."

After Neelix had returned to his kitchen, Qui-Gon spoke, "My daughter, I'm pleased to see that you're finding some peace at least."

Kathryn began eating the goop and found it actually to be edible and even decent. She was nearly done when Obi-Wan entered the mess hall. He got a plate of it and sat down next to Kathryn.

Kathryn got up, "I'm going to go meditate a while - I'm full, I'll see you later." Kathryn hurridly exited the mess hall leaving Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon slightly puzzled.

"What the Sith is this?" asked Obi-Wan.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||