THE Q MENACE: Part 28

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


(3 days later)

He hit the doorchime of Kathryn's quarters for the third time. He was worried - what if . .He turned to go get Qui-Gon and heard the door swish open. Kathryn looked really tired.

"Hey Kathryn, I thought you might like some company." he kept his tone light though they both knew that it was covering up deep, unspoken, private emotions.

"Obi-Wan, I don't feel so good. I . . . I need to be alone right now. I'm going to try and get some sleep."

They both also knew that Kathryn was exhausted from lack of sleep. The past three nights she had gone to sleep and then about an hour later, sometimes not even that long, she woke screaming. Because of their closeness to her, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon shared the dreams. Kathryn was back in her right mind but signs of her pain still showed - her deep brown eyes that used to show a bright inner joy that seemed to study everything all at once now held a dull sad look in them. She rarely smiled and when she talked with anyone, except Qui-Gon, she always seemed . . . preoccupied. The funny thing was father and daughter had never been closer. They didn't shut him out, well, not intentionally. At this point Kathryn seemed to benefit more and was more comfortable around her father. Obi-Wan knew she'd told Qui-Gon a lot of what had happened but Obi-Wan could still feel the pressure building within her. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had discussed it and both realized that she would eventually explode.

Obi-Wan reached out with his mind to check on Kathryn and ran into her mental barrier. He backed his mind away from it, remembering that mental contact would be tricky because of the Borg's overpowering mental invasion.

Qui-Gon came up behind him, "She's asleep again, the dreams haven't started yet."

"But soon they will, Master she can't go on like this. She has barely slept in three days and if this continues much longer . . ."

"Perhaps they won't come Padawan."

"Master, after three nights of seeing what they did to her I'll be surprised if they ever go away. I also feel like she's shutting me out."

"Padawan, if you were having dreams like that and she were seeing them too, wouldn't you feel a bit embarrassed?"

"Well, yes Master, but she should know . . ."

"She does, everything's okay just give her another day or two."

"You're right, Master."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||