THE Q MENACE: Part 27

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


After an eternity of chopping and slashing, Kathryn realized that there were no more Borg at this place in the ship. She lowered the lightsaber, turned it off, and dropped it. She then fell her knees next to Obi-Wan. Her adrenaline slowed and the memories came back:

//A crying baby, it's mother begging for mercy; Pleas for help; agony; assimilation; pain; Obi-Wan lying helpless, her hand poised to assimilate him; her father saving her only for her to lose him; Pain; Fear; Knife in her shoulder; 6 billion beings; Obi-Wan; Father; Voyager; Q; The Jedi Council//

She cried out from the onslaught of memories. She felt arms around her - Her Father.

"Kathryn, Kathryn are you okay?"

Her emotions were so close to the surface that her father's concern opened the floodgates. She fell into his arms and began to sob.

In between sobs she managed to stutter, "Father, Father, Why did you leave me on the Borg ship? Why did you let them get me again?"

"Kathryn, it wasn't real, they were holograms. Something must have hit the control panel and activated the program. I promise, you're safe. Everything's going to be okay."

"No, everything's not. Father, what they did to me . . . what they made me do . . . Oh God." Qui-Gon rocked her gently trying to soothe her, convince her of her safety.

Kathryn continued to babble, "Six billion people . . . all my fault . . . not strong enough . . .couldn't stop . . . Koral . . . the Borg . . . I'm so scared . . .Not safe anywhere . . . they, they can still get me. Father don't let them get me, please, Father, please don't let them get me again."

She was becoming hysterical. Qui-Gon embraced her, rocking her.

"Kathryn, you're safe now, Obi-Wan and I will protect you. It's not your fault that you couldn't stop the Borg."

"But all those people . . . I assimilated six billion people, Father can you forgive me?"

Kathryn looked into her Father's eyes searching them for forgiveness.

"Kathryn, my daughter, it wasn't you and even if it had been, my love for you would never have stopped or lessened in any way. I'm here for you - now and always. You are never alone."

Qui-Gon continued to hold Kathryn, glad for the progress and unhappy for the pain it was causing her. He looked over at Obi-Wan who had since woken up and was watching them. Obi-Wan had at first wanted to go help Qui-Gon comfort Kathryn but as he listened he realized it was a father/daughter moment. Interfering wouldn't help at all and as he learned over the next week his "interference" was not welcome.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||