THE Q MENACE: Part 25

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Kathryn's mind was still clouded. The two familiar men had appeared in her mind several times. They claimed to want to help her and she felt she could trust them but she was afraid - what if it was a trick? Before she'd trusted and that had put her here. Now, these two, wanted her to leave this safety. They were in her mind - she fought them, it was a trick - Get them out.

"She's fighting us. We can't help her until she realizes we aren't the enemy." said Qui-Gon softly.

"Master, perhaps we best take a break?" Obi-Wan suggested.

"That would seem to be a given. We've tried and we're only pushing her inward more and more."

"Perhaps we could all go to the holodeck. The captain says it is a relaxing place." Obi-Wan suggested.

"Yes, that's an excellent idea. Maybe something there will help her remember."

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan helped Kathryn to the holodeck. Once inside, Qui-Gon had a peaceful scene created. They were in the woods, filled with living animals, a stream gurgled nearby. Kathryn sat down against a tree. Obi-Wan knelt next to her.

"Janeway to Mr. Jinn."

Qui-Gon tapped his communicator, "Yes, Captain?"

"Could you meet me and the doctor in the ready room. We'd like to discuss Miss Jinn's progress."

"On my way." Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan, "I'll be right back."

"We'll be fine." Obi-Wan laid down on the grass. "Kathryn, look at the clouds. When I was little, at the Temple, I would lay and watch the clouds for hours, it's very relaxing, don't you agree?"

Janeway's voice came over the intercom, "Red alert, we've sighted a Borg ship, Prepare to engage."

Obi-Wan jumped up, intending to take Kathryn back to her quarters. However, before he took one step the ship shook and Obi-Wan was thrown, his head hitting the control panel, and he fell to the floor, limp and unconscious.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||