THE Q MENACE: Part 23

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Obi-Wan had been meditating for some time. Qui-Gon still refused to let Obi-Wan talk or even see Kathryn. It upset him and he didn't understand it. He had gone to the garden that Kathryn loved so much to meditate, sort out his feelings and plan a course of action. It wasn't really even that Qui-Gon was technically forbidding him to see her. Qui-Gon had requested - well maybe that was a command - he stay away because Kathryn wasn't ready to deal with him yet. She was barely responding to Qui-Gon.

Whenever he inquired of her progress Qui-Gon always said, "She Will be fine, just give her some more time to adjust." Qui-Gon then considered the discussion ended and the subject closed.

//I need her so much, why can't Master Qui-Gon see that?//

"She needs you as much as you need her." Q's voice pierced the silence.

"Please," said Obi-Wan unemotionally, "Leave me alone."

"Hey, whoa, if it weren't for me what would you do?"

"What? If it weren't for you we'd be in our own galaxy. We'd either be on Coruscant or on some mission. We'd be together - not alone."

//Alone, we're all alone, Kathryn in her ownmind, Qui-Gon refuses my help and I'm stuck here - meditating. But no longer.//

Obi-Wan strode to the door one thing on his mind. Suddenly he remembered Q.

As an after thought he turned and began "I . . ." Q was no longer there.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||