THE Q MENACE: Part 22

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui-Gon spent the next day or two mostly in sickbay by Kathryn's side. The doctor had been able, successfully, to remove all the implants out of her body. In addition, the doctor said, after some final scans that Kathryn could be released to her quarters. Although Kathryn had been conscious and awake for over a day, she had said nothing, nor had she shown any emotion. She had been totally withdrawn.

Qui-Gon waited while the doctor completed his scans. Janeway entered.

"How is she doing Doctor?"

"Physically, she's fine, thanks to my healing touch. But mentally and emotionally . . . I won't even care to venture a guess. But I think that releasing her couldn't hurt. Perhaps you, Mr. Mental Healer, might be able to help her."

Qui-Gon said, "I certainly hope so, but she has to let me help. Keeping her in sickbay with lots of strange people has only been making her more withdrawn."

"You're free to go." the Doctor said to Kathryn.

Kathryn didn't acknowledge the doctor's statement but followed Qui-Gon into the outer sickbay.

"Mr. Jinn, Captain, I'd like to talk to you both for a moment." The two followed the doctor into his office. Kathryn stayed where she was, staring blankly.

Suddenly one of the aliens, who had obviously been visiting a friend jumped in front of her. It began speaking to her in a low voice through some kind of translator.

"I am Ka'ra of the Chimirion. Are you the ex-Borg piece of crap that assimilated my world?" The being grabbed Kathryn and slammed her against the wall. Kathryn offered no resistance whatsoever. The being began to curse her out. "I asked you a question you rotten jusku scum. Nsje soe lsdkj (curse words do not translate). Are you so stupid that you cannot answer my question? Is your race made up of ldkfdj like you and so jealous of those of us who do possess some brains that you hfdjesks feel you must destroy all we've worked for?" The being had her pinned against the wall and began to choke her. All the other aliens there looked away giving silent approval of the being's actions. "You won't ever assimilate another being. I will see to that. You'll die before the sun rises again. I swore a blood oath to kill all your kind - and you get to be the first one to help me fulfill it."

The sickbay doors swished and Seven of Nine entered. She immediately noticed Kathryn's predicament. "Cease this at once." she commanded the alien being.

"She destroyed my world," the being yelled causing the doctor, captain and Qui-Gon to come out. "She is no longer Borg and was not responsible for her actions." Seven attempted to reason with the being as Janeway and Qui-Gon rushed across sickbay.

They pulled the alien off Kathryn and held it back.

The alien began to yell, "Don't you see? She and her race destroyed mine. You must let me fulfill the oath or the Gods . . ." Her voice trailed off when the doctor sedated her.

"Get her out of here before she gets the others swearing blood oaths. Can you imagine, blood oaths in my sickbay," the doctor said in exasperation.

Qui-Gon put an arm around Kathryn and led her to her quarters. She looked as if she hadn't understood the anger in the Chimirion's voice. Nothing was said on that walk - nothing seemed fitting. Qui-Gon felt sad - they had rescued his daughter but it was as if his daughter were someone else.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||