THE Q MENACE: Part 20

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


As Janeway arrived she was forced to shield her eyes because at that moment the Borg ship exploded.

After the glow faded Janeway yelled, "What happened?"

"Captain, just before their ship exploded we detected a power surge near the beamout location. It appears that something punctured or cut through the weapons array in such a way that the energy had no place to go except back into the ship thus causing the explosion." Tuvok stated.

"Well, it certainly wasn't our phasers - they aren't that good and we weren't that accurate. Could it have been Mr. Kenobi's weapon?"

"That would seem to be the logical conclusion."

"I would agree - a lightsaber can cut through anything," said Obi-Wan unemotionally.

The Doctor began working to remove the implants as soon as the others had left. He could feel the eyes of the one man, Jinn, who had insisted on remaining. "It would be helpful if you would stop hovering. You're distracting me." The man didn't answer. "This is the part where you're supposed to argue with me. Perhaps it would be best . . ."

Before he could finish his sentence Kathryn's body began to jerk violently.

"What's wrong?" Qui-Gon asked.

"I'm not sure - she's having a seizure. It looks like she's going into some kind of shock."

"Can you help her?"

"I'm attempting to do so."

"Janeway to sickbay."

"Captain I'm kind of busy at the moment."

"I was just checking on your patient doctor, the Borg ship just exploded."

"Well that explains this reaction. Doctor out."

Qui-Gon watched as the doctor worked swiftly, trying to stablize Kathryn.

//She didn'tcome this far to die now. I won't lose her - I can't lose her.// He projected what little calm and positive emotions he was feeling towards Kathryn. The seizure had stopped and Kathryn now lay utterly still - too still for Qui-Gon. The doctor appeared to do more tests. Qui-Gon waited impatiently. After checking something and then double and triple checking it the doctor turned. From the look in his eyes Qui-Gon knew something was very wrong.

"I've got her stablized." Qui-Gon could hear the reluctance in the man's voice. "And it's too soon to be one hundred percent positive but I'm pretty sure there will be irreversible brain damage."

"I can't accept that, I won't."

"I'm afraid Mr. Jinn, that you're going to have to, there's nothing more I can do."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||