THE Q MENACE: Part 2

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


As Obi-Wan walked down the corridor he stopped and mentally berrated himself.//Kathryn loves me, she can't love him. This behavior of mine, this jealousy is totallyunacceptable for a Jedi, even a Padawan. I know she loves me, stop acting like an idiot Obi-Wan.// He turned to go back to the garden but before he took one step he felt a sudden and intense sense of urgency and from some people, panic. As Janeway came over the intercom, people began running - "Red alert, All hands to battlestations. We have spotted a Borg vessel - all hands prepare to engage."

Kathryn walked down the corridor until she stood beside him. "By the force, what's that monstrocity?" she asked pointing out a viewport.

Obi-Wan looked and saw a huge, black, evil-looking, no not evil - cold and unfeeling, cube. "I suppose that is the Borg or Bourd, or Dourg or whatever vessel."

"It makes me uneasy, it seems foreboding," she said in an eerie voice.

"Kathryn, is something wrong?" Obi-Wan was concerned.

Kathryn shook her head as if to clear it and said, "We had better find Qui-Gon and see if we can help." Just then the intercom came on.

"Janeway to Miss Jinn. Please report to the bridge. The borg want to speak with you."

"Let's go Obi-Wan."

"Why would they want to talk to you?"

"I don't know," she changed the subject, "What is all this panic about? What is a Borg?"

Obi-Wan said "I thought it was B-O-U-R-D, bourd."

The two entered the turbolift. Another woman with mechanical looking - implants? was already there.

"Excuse me umm."

"My designation is Seven of Nine."

"Seven, what are the borg?" asked Kathryn.

"The Borg are a race of beings made up of a combination of mechanical and organic parts. They seek to assimilate other species into their collective or hive mind in order to become more perfect. Perfection is their ultimate goal."

"How do you know so much?" asked Obi-Wan suspiciously.

The commander of the ship Chako - something or other entered the turbolift.

Seven stated, "I was assimilated by the Borg as a child. I am now free of the collective's influence."

"Well what's the panic over? If you can break away after so many years then they can't be that bad."

The commander chuckled. "Don't we wish. I wouldn't be talking like that on this ship unless you have had some experience with the Borg. I once experienced something similar to the collective's mind - there were less people and it was less powerful and I couldn't resist that. Believe me Seven is an exception."

The turbolift arrived at the bridge. "Captain?" asked the commander, "Have they locked onto us?"

"No Chakotay, all they've done is hail us and demand to speak to Miss Jinn."

"That's odd behavior for them."

"What could they want."

Kathryn spoke, "Well, we won't know until we speak with them. Tell them I'm here."

Kathryn's voice was calm but Qui-Gon could detect some concern and worry in her mind.

"They're responding Captain."

"Onscreen Mr. Kim."

What came onscreen shocked everyone on the bridge. Q appeared, wearing an obviously fake Borg outfit.

"We are the Q, Resistance to our love is futile. You will be ours."

"Mr. Kim, please get rid of this . . ." Janeway said gesturing at the viewscreen.

"I'm sorry Captain. I can't turn it off."

Seven turned to Harry Kim and asked, "Is it normal to show one's affection by impersonating a Borg?"

"Chakotay inputed, "Not for us puny mortals."

"At least not since my last date," wisecracked Paris.

"I'm not even going to go there, Mr. Paris."

"Q," said Paris, "This is some stunt you've pulled. Why couldn't you have just brought her flowers or something?"

"As you wish." Q snapped his fingers and the bridge filled with roses. At the same time, Q blinked offscreen and appeared as his "normal" self kneeling in front of Kathryn, holding a single rose.

"That's not exactly what I meant" deadpanned Paris.

"Captain, you're not going to believe this but the rest of the ship is covered with roses as well," reported Harry Kim.

"Q!" yelled Janeway.

"That's me," Q said in a cocky manner.

"This is totally unacceptable."

"Kathy, I don't know why you are so jealous - you had your chance and you rejected poor little me."

"Q what is your real purpose here?"

"If I told you that, Kathy my dear, it would be no fun."

"Get these roses off my ship NOW, Q. This is a Federation Starship - not a flower shop."

Q rolled his eyes, snapped his fingers and all the flowers save the one in his hand disappeared. "Party pooper," he muttered.

Q looked at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan heard Q's voice in his head //You know what braid-boy,I think she's starting to warm up to me. What do you think?// Q then winked at Obi-Wan and disappeared.

For a moment no one knew how to react, then Kathryn said, "If no more Borg Q-bes (emphasizing the Q sound causing Paris and Chakotay to chuckle and most of the rest of the bridge crew save Tuvok of course to grin.) will be popping up within the next few hours I think I'll take a break from all this excitement."

Neelix spoke up, "Captain, as morale officer I must say that our guests have not been properly welcomed. I took the liberty of preparing a feast in Holodeck 1. I think a celebration is in order."

"Good thinking Mr. Neelix. Why don't you show our three guests to the Holodeck? I'm going to try and figure out a way to get them back to their home."

"I will assist you in your effort Captain." Qui-Gon offered.

"Very well. I'll be in my ready room if needed."

As Kathryn got in the turbolift she thought she heard Paris say, "These Jedi seem so uptight, almost as bad as Vulcans."

Tuvok admonished him "At least they have some control over their emotions while your comment proves that you have none.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||