THE Q MENACE: Part 18

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Ensign Kepler was scared out of his mind. "Hey Sarah I just don't get it, We're risking our lives to find one woman who's already been borgified."

"Aaron, it's the Captain's orders."

"Yeah, Sarah, but it's just one woman."

"Didn't you see how worried that man umm," Briggs fumbled for the name,

"Obi-Wan looked. He really loves her."

"Yeah, well, they didn't need to bring us into it. I think it's stupid."

"Well, I think it's romantic. And I thought that guy was kinda handsome but a little too intense for me. And you know that they didn't force the Captain to help them - no one can force the Captain to do anything. Besides what if it were your girlfriend over there? You'd want to rescue her."

"Well, my girlfriend is back on Earth, safe, so this situation would never happen, Besides being here gives me the creeps."

"I know Aaron, but just thiink in 24 hours you'll be laying in your quarters reading or doing whatever you want. The Captain will surely give us some vacay - at least a day."

"That's the only good thing about this. I'll go back, relax, read some books, holodeck and splurge my replicator rations."

"Sounds like a plan," said Sarah, "Let's find this girl and go home."

Qui-Gon Jinn felt anger and grief for all these assimilated beings. There were hundreds of thousands of beings trapped on just this ship.

//How many more ships like this one are there? How many others have suffered asKathryn has? How many lives has this species destroyed? If, no, when we get Kathryn back -what about all the others who will never see family again - husbands, wives, brothers, sisters,mothers, children? How could one species cause so much pain and feel no regret?//

Captain Kathryn Janeway watched Seven of Nine closely. Seven seemed unaffected by the surroundings despite the fact that she had once been part of the collective, her family assimilated when she was a child. Seven was faster and more efficient at scanning for Kathryn's DNA than most humans would be.

"Captain, I have located what could be the same DNA signature."

"Let's go Seven." Janeway followed Seven to face a Borg. Seven began a more detailed scan but Janeway knew the outcome before Seven finished.

"It's not her, come on Seven."

Qui-Gon was becoming frustrated with this situation. He felt as though he had looked for hours. He had looked hopefully into hundreds of Borg faces, with no luck. The other teams had obviously had no luck either. He turned down one of the corridors. Borg were moving about the ship like walking zombies. He sensed the power of their collective mind. The cold logic, relentlessness, overpowering onslaught. A Borg rounded one of the corners, mechanical side to Qui-Gon. As it turned, Qui-Gon recognized the human side. The Borg stopped and stepped into one of the alcoves, and closed its eyes, waiting for the regeneration cycle to begin.

Qui-Gon tapped the communicator Janeway had given him and said, "I've found her."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||