THE Q MENACE: Part 17

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Obi-Wan was amazed at how fast and efficiently the away team recovered from the sudden transport and got moving, yet it was still longer than he would have liked. He watched impatiently while Qui-Gon strode off west. He, on the other hand was forced to wait for his teammate.

//Lieutenant Molly Wells, I wish she would hurry up - I don't know why they think I needhelp. I can do this much better on my own.//

"I heard that and I'm hurrying as fast as I can. Don't seem so surprised - I'm a Betazoid. Betazoids have mental abilities. Okay all done, let's go."

Obi-Wan acknowledged her statement with a nod, turned and began walking at a fast pace. He felt her confusion over his reaction. Well, he didn't need her help anyway.

"Hey Obi, slow down, we don't want to miss her - this isn't a race."

"My name, Lieutenant, is Obi-Wan, and we need to hurry."

"Well, it won't do us or her any good if we walk right past her."

Unfortunately she had a point.

"Look Jedi, you don't have to like me, for all I care you can hate me but if you want to save her we have to work together and communicate okay?"

"I'm sorry I just . . ."

"Miss her? Love her?" Obi-Wan nodded.

"Believe me Jedi, I understand."

"How could you know? You don't know."

"Yes, I do," Obi-Wan sensed guilt and pain behind her words. "My family - my mother, father, twin sister Holly, my brother Jason and his wife Natalie, all went on a cruise. I wasn't there like I should have been because my leave had been canceled at the last minute. The Borg captured the liner and assimilated everyone on board."

"I'm sorry," whispered Obi-Wan. There was an uncomfortably long silence.

Molly broke it, "Tell me about her."

"Huh? Who?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Kathryn, what's she like?"

"She's one of the strongest people I know. She's Master Qui-Gon's daughter, you know. She is stubborn but usually right. She's also very happy."

"I sense that you're surprised she is."

"A Jedi life is not exactly a happy existence - it can be a very lonely and hard road."

"But she finds it fulfilling."

"Yes, she's a walking contradiction."

"How so?"

"Well, she's strong and knows much yet is almost . . . naive, childlike. She's amazing. And I really love her."

Molly sensed the intensity of his love for this woman and knew that NOT finding her wasn't an option.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||