THE Q MENACE: Part 13

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


//That was an interesting experience// thought Obi-Wan. After a hasty explanation of the use of the transporter, the group had mounted the platform and "beamed" down. Now they walked through mountainous and forest terrain to reach the caves.

They'd had to beam down a little ways away because the trees were so close and the ground so unpredictably shaped that it was dangerous to beam down any closer.

"The caves are just over that rise Commander." Kim said as he continued scanning. "Commander, umm, we have a problem. The Borg are just behind us."

"Mr. Kim, Tuvok head on to the caves and see if you can rescue the people. Just get them somewhere where Voyager can lock onto them. Then beam up yourselves and call us."

"But Commander . . ."

"Go NOW! That's an order."

After they were gone Chakotay turned to the Jedi and said "Now here's your chance to defend and protect. And you," he said pointing to Obi-Wan, "If you really do love that woman then don't hesitate to kill her. I know that seems cruel and insensitive, but whatever you loved about her is gone. And even if it's not, even IF you save her - she will never be the same."

Obi-Wan said, "Perhaps you are right, but I have to act according to my views, my focus. Your focus determines your reality. I believe she is there and I WILL save her."

Chakotay just nodded. The group heard the mechanical movements of the approaching Borg.

"Listen Commander," Obi-Wan spoke again as he and Qui-Gon ignited their lightsabers. "When your weapon doesn't work anymore - go help Tuvok and Kim. We can defend the caves."

Chakotay again nodded and drew his phaser. "Good luck."

"May the Force be with you." said Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as one. They were both totally in tune with the Force, felt the light. They were ready, ready for anything that might occur.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||