THE Q MENACE: Part 12

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


Her shoulder had healed an eternity ago. Any normal person, even most Jedi would have given up by now. It would be so easy to do - to accept this collective. Pain would cease to exist, as would grief, sorrow, loneliness, and misery. But to accept it she would have to give up those things most dear: freedom and love - Obi-Wan.

//Can he possibly love me after this. I know Father can but can Obi-Wan.//

Deep down she knew the answer. She remembered their dance together.

//If Q hadn'tshown up he would have kissed me.// She thought of the feel of his arms around her - how strong they felt. How safe she had felt, her head on his shoulder. //I want to feel that way again.// She felt the Borg direct her body - Koral to a cave - where the species 9254 were hiding. Kathryn cringed inwardly. The Borg were almost done here - 6 billion living, breathing beings assimilated - 6 billion presenses in the force, 6 billion people she had failed to protect. She'd give anything to make this stop - to see Obi-Wan again. To feel him tap her on the shoulder for a dance - to be in his strong, safe arms. Somehow she knew that IF she was ever allowed to feel that again that it would be billions of eternities away. She was nearing the caves when she heard a very familiar sound - an igniting lightsaber.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||