PLOTTING OUR FUTURE: Part 3

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Grandma Fey pats Qui-Gon's face, "You are such a good boy. A grandson." She giggles, "I am pleased."

"Thank you Grandma." Qui nods.

A female guest walks by speaking with Ardeth's younger brother Uriel, "So she is bonded to both of them? And he doesn't mind that the other is fathering a child?"

"No," Uri explains with an arm around her, "my brother will be the father as well."

"I do not understand."

Uri grins, "Perhaps, we should go somewhere more private to discuss this."

Bohdan, caring a glass of ale, walks up to his wife; "Where are they?" He asks searching the crowd.

"She left when the food came out." Devishah answers while tending to her guests.

"Ah the sickness." He nods and takes another swig of ale, "I remember when you carried Ardeth...I nearly moved our bed into the refresher."

Devishah giggles and swats at him, "You should have carried that boy."

"But you were so good at it." Bohdan grins and kisses his wife, "Four times good."

"Behave yourself."

He kisses her cheek, "Tonight."


Festive music flow out from the Fey household. Ardeth's parents Devishah and Bohdan have invited the entire village as well as his siblings (who live off planet) to the celebration. The party is in honor of you and their first grandchild.

You stand on their front porch staring at the stars wishing you could be near them. Aromatic delicacies waft outside the house making you sick.

"In the silence," Ardeth embraces you from behind, "no one can hear your screams."

You turn and whine pitifully into his chest. Ardeth chuckles and kisses the top of your head.

"I know you hate these things."

"Is not a bit too soon to be doing all this?" You gaze into his eyes.

"For whom?" He gestures behind him, "A couple who see the promise of another generation or for a young mother nervous about the future?"

"I hate it when you get all jedi like." You grin pulling him into a kiss.

"Hey baby it's me." He hugs you laughing.

You play with his tunic, "So..."

"So?" He strokes your hair, "What is on your mind?"

"I guess this isn't exactly the best time to be asking you this but are you all right?"

"Me?" Ardeth laughs, "I am not the one expecting."

"No I mean, are we all right?" You guide his hand to your stomach where your son rests.

Ardeth's expression softens. He sits on the railing of the porch and holds your hands.

"I *will* love him because he is my own. What we did at the Temple was more than a fancy ceremony." His palm rests on your abdomen, "The three of us share a bond that is beyond definition. Yes, Qui-Gon is his biological father but I am his father as well. He will know no separation of affection between us."

You nod vigorously, "Good."

"Come here." Ardeth kisses you.

"You two come inside," Bohdan calls from the doorway, "we're about to cut the cake."

Ardeth holds your hand and leads you back inside.


The next day, yet again you stand behind a counter shuffling datapads and paperwork as your team prepares for another mission. Dressed in green camouflage and combat boots, (because of the base's alert status) you don't feel too much like a bureaucrat. All around you vehicles are stocked, weapons are checked and supplies are readied.

Because you're out of the loop, you don't even know where the team is going. It's classified. The base's commanding officer, Commander Troy Xiloft hurries by hardly giving you a look. You continue filling out a requisition form for more ammo when he passes by again and stops in front of you.

"Jinn, in my office now."

You look up, "Yes sir."


Xiloft sits backs in his chair placing his booted feet on the desk. He watches you quietly still allowing you to stand at attention.

"At ease Sargent." Xiloft shift's forward, "How are you?"

"Fine sir." You clench your hands behind your back.

"As I recall, you were assigned to the quartermaster's office on Malastare. And now you're here."

"Yes sir."

Xiloft gestures as if to ask why or how? You remain silent knowing it is never good to volunteer information even if you don't have any.

"How did this happen Sargent?"

"I don't know sir."

"Neither do I and that concerns me. Everyday I make important decisions that are for the good of the regiment and that of the individual soldier such as yourself. My decisions are made for good reason."

"Yes sir."

"You've been in the Forces for almost ten years and you know how things work."

"Yes sir."

"You're familiar with the necessity of the fighting soldier that is ready to go at a moment's notice-- One that is good for the republic, better for the Forces and great for his buddies."

"Yes sir."

"Then you must also know what your current military classification is--" He swivels his head and raises his pale eyebrows.

"No. Sir."

"Well let me enlighten you," Xiloft circles around and sits on the edge of his desk just across from you, "D-21. That's stands for medically disabled. Yes you are considered DISABLED. Which means you are no good to us operationally. You are out of commission not only for the nine months of gestation but also for another three for the mandatory maternity leave!"

You stare at the wall gutting it out. This was bound to happen. Xiloft didn't have the best rep for compassion. It was only a matter of time before you felt the brunt.

"THAT IS ONE YEAR! YOU ARE OUT OF THE LOOP FOR ONE YEAR!" He stands towering over you, "Your team is out there putting it on the line while you get to sit home and eat jova berries and watch the holonet all day. You are a drain on morale. There's nothing that takes the fighting spirit of out a soldier more quickly than a pregnant woman. ESPECIALLY A WOMAN WHO USE TO BE APART OF THE TEAM! I sent you away for a reason and now you're back."

Xiloft hisses inches away from your face, "Sgt. Fey-Jinn I want you to be barely visible. I don't want you in my sight. You are gonna be outta here so fast you're head'll spin and if I see you back here I'll put you and that kid of yours in the brig. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir."

"Now vacate my presence." He thunders.

You stand at attention, do an about face and quickly exit the room.


"Are you going to come inside?" Ardeth asks behind you from the back door.

You stare at the desert sand, "Yea sure."

Still in your cammies and combat boots, you dust the sand off yourself before entering. The aroma of freshly cooked food wafts in from the kitchen where Qui is making dinner.

Ardeth points to the dining room, "The table is already set." You go wash your hands and sit at the table as Qui-Gon places a delicious meal before you.

"Eat all of it. It's very nutritious." He says in his master tone.

"Yes but is it any good?" Ardeth jokes.

"I'll have you know," Qui says sitting down, "My last padawan enjoyed my cooking."

"You're last padawan had no choice." Ardeth snickers digging into the food.

You serve yourself placing a little on your plate. They notice you are not joining in on the fun as you eat quietly.

"Tough day." Qui asks. Though you are not looking at him, you know the look he is giving you.

"No more than usual." You smile briefly and take a big bite of meat to keep from talking.

Qui and Ardeth begin probing your conscience. You feel them digging into your feelings, feelings that are getting harder and harder to shield because of the child growing inside of you.

"What did he say this time?" Ardeth snaps.

"Nothing important."

Qui slams his fork down, "I don't want to play this game. Just tell me."

"He says he sent me away for a reason. And he's gonna send me away again." You gulp your water.

Ardeth's expression intensifies, "Where."

"I don't know he didn't say. He just wants me out of his sight. Because a pregnant woman is a drain on morale."

Qui closes his eyes and Ardeth hops up from the table.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||