AN OLD FRIEND: Part 4B

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui observes Elin moving out of the shadows. He has been aware of her presence for sometime but was too preoccupied to care. He has had many arguments, disagreements and discussions with you but this time it was different.

//Is Elin right when she says that a relationship outside the Order is an experiment bound for failure?//

A couple of days ago if asked he would have undoubtedly said that you're triune bond was stronger than the gravity of the greatest star. But now Qui wasn't so sure. To have been pushed so far as to threaten you has broken his resolve.

//Why is she so jealous? Why does she feel so threatened?// Qui-Gon leaned his immense frame upon a railing, //Why does she not trust that I will make the right decision?//

Qui recalls Elin's first evening. He could see no improprieties. He, Elin and Ardeth are good friends who behaved the same way they always have.

//Or had we?// He sighs missing you already, //I am so exhausted.//

Elin strokes his beard and beckons him to sit.

"My heart goes out to you Master." Elin's warm palm rests against his cheek. "I heard more than I wished. I am sorry for your sadness."

"She is a wonderful person. I do not understand..."

"Shhhhh." Elin places a delicate kiss on his forehead.

Qui's mind refuses to settle. It seeks an answer that is not readily available.

"I need to meditate."

Elin strokes his hair, "You always did that too much. Sometimes the answer is before you not inside you."

Her hands wander to his legs and squeezes, "It was a mistake to end things the way we did so long ago. I see that now."

Qui shakes his head, "We were not suitably matched. It was for the best. Our relationship was too destructive together. The battles Ardeth and I had over you--."

Elin moves in closer, "Some part of you must have liked it, for you two now share another."

"It was the will of the Force that united us." Qui-Gon says thinking of you when he finally looks at Elin, "We do not fight as much with her. Usually there is peace."


A disturbance in the Force and a sense of urgency calls Ardeth into the house. He frowns as he scans the interior searching for the imbalance which has disturbed his link with you.

As he nears the hallway, his heart races and breathing excelerates. He blinks convulsively beholding your unconscious body.

Ardeth rushes to your side, "Chana!"

Your body is cold. You're completely motionless. Fear attacks him. He tries to hold it at bay and checks your pulse. You are still alive. The knight gathers the Force around him and taps into it. He reaches out to his children. There is no response.

Profuse salty tears leak from his eyes as he lifts your limp body and transports it to the bed.

He strokes your hair, "Chana can you hear me?" He pulls you close holding you tight. His mind taps into yours. The Force tells him that you are in a deep sleep almost to the point of coma. Ardeth knows if kept under for too long your mind will be unable to regain consciousness.

//I can not lose you.// He clutches your limp body. Despite everything, there is nothing you can say or do which will cause him to wish harm upon you.

He rocks back and forth, "Who could have done this to you?"

Ardeth turns his head toward the bedroom door knowing the answer too well.


Qui pushes Elin away. Her kiss was passionate and arousing. But not what he wanted.

"No this is wrong." He pushes her to her seat.

Elin moves in again this time nearly climbing into his lap. Her tongues enters his mouth. Qui barely reciprocates before pushing her away.

"I can not."

"Why? You two are through. I can make you happy."

"No. This is not right. I love her."

Elin rolls her eyes, "What? Please. She is not right for you, I am. Remember what we had? We can have that again."

"That was in the past. I made a promise to she and Ardeth."

"If you are so committed then why do you still want me? I know it. It is written in your heart and on your body."

"You are beautiful. Very beautiful but I was wrong. I see that now. You must leave."

"You can't be serious." Elin asserts jumping up.

"It is best that you go willingly before I make you." Ardeth asserts from the doorway.

Qui whips around. Ardeth glares at Elin.

"Qui-Gon she fooled me as well." Ardeth approaches Elin seething, "But now I see. My family comes first and I'll be damned if I let you harm them!"

Elin pales. Her hand falls to her side nearing her sheathed saber.

"Do it." Ardeth warns.

Qui-Gon stands between them, "Ardeth what is going on?"

"Chana and our children are unconscious in the bedroom."

Qui's head turns slowly. Blue eyes turn dark with rage.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||