AN OLD FRIEND: Part 4A

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Ardeth stares at the blowing sand. You approach him from behind carefully shutting the patio door behind you. You nervously rub your belly feeling your little ones shuffle inside of you. Their constant movement is comforting. It tells you that they are alive and well.

His wavy sable hair bounces gently in the breeze. You wonder if your son will have his hair or yours. Ardeth glimpses over his shoulder at you. He looks despondent as he sits on an old wooden chair.

"You were suppose to have thrown this away." He says staring in the distance.

You advance with consternation. You are tired of fighting and being upset. You miss him. Hostility drives a wedge in your relationship depriving you both of friendship and affection.

"I keep forgetting." You grimace and squat in front of him.

He does not look at you, "I am still angry with you."

"I am sorry." You say blinking back tears. "I am. It's just that she said some things--."

Mahogany eyes peer at you. He is furious, "Chana. I don't care."

You tire and kneel on the sand. You grasp his tattooed hands. You move closer. You try to kiss him. He turns away. Ardeth obstructs your shared link. It's as if someone has severed your limb. A rivulet flows from your eyes.

Dejected, you return to the house. You see no sign of Elin. You walk out the front door to where Qui-Gon is sitting admist the imported furniture you received as gift from Ardeth's family.

Qui's eyes are closed. He is meditating.

The Jedi Master's eyes open to find you sitting across from him.

"When I am gone, will I be able to trust you?" Qui asks calm and composed.

"Of course." You choke. You have been awashed in emotions as of late. Now more threaten to escape, "Why would you ask that?"

"Garr. You let him touch you."

You shake your head amazed at his naivete. "Qui I'm pregnant. People always want to touch a pregnant woman's belly. It's one of those facts of life."

The air is alive, it almost moves. Qui's discomfort radiates outward, "You didn't have to allow it."

Okay fine maybe he was right. But where did this come from? "It was harmless. Nothing."

"Will you have lunch with him?" Qui-Gon finally looks at you. His gaze is cool and even. The mark of a seasoned negotiator.

"Possibly."

"And will you allow him to visit you when we are not home?"

"I don't know. Why? Don't you trust me?"

"Trust seems to be at a premium in this relationship. Perhaps there is a reason for it. His interest in you remains," Blue eyes peer at you, "though you carry another man's child."

Aghast, you shake your head, "I don't know anything about that. All I know is that he's not living here. And we did not have a romantic relationship nor will we. He is just a friend. A friend I have not seen in ages."

"Did you enjoy his touch?"

"Qui don't do this." You wipe your tears.

"Did he have you before me?"

"You know you were my first!"

"So you have said." Qui sighs, "I've been told that it is a simple procedure done by any medical droid."

Slap! Qui's own hand could not have hit you harder than those words. His words have killed your heart.

New tears stream down your face.

How can he even think this?!! You lovingly gave your virginity to he and Ardeth on your honeymoon. For five years you have willingly rearranged your entire life because of your love for them. And still it is no proof of your life-long committment?

"So...I'm a slut because an old buddy of mine touched my stomach and you're honorable-- regardless of the fact that your ex- girlfriend is living under the same roof as your pregnant lifemate?" You purse your lips, "Right."

Qui-Gon stands up suddenly. He brushes passed you, "I have arranged for most of my stipend to be sent here. I will take care of my obligations."

You sniffle and wipe your face. "What do you mean?"

"I am tired of fighting. Chana I can not take on the galaxy and then come here and fight you. Today I saw a part of myself I do not like."

You shake your head vehemently, "NO!! I will not let you go!! You are mine! MINE!! I will not--," Something strikes your conscience suddenly. "--let her have you." You yawn. You shake it off. A voice is telling you to go to bed.

He shakes his head. Unwilling to listen, Qui attempts to leave. You follow him and step in his path.

"Jinn do not give up on us so easily." You stumble.

"I am not," He closes his eyes, "I need some time."

"No you don't. We will be fine. I just...I just." You yawn again. Something is terribly wrong. "I just need to get some sleep. I mean, in the midst of my anger, my love has not died..."

Another thrash at your conscience. You can barely keep your eyes open. Qui observes you curiously. You want to speak but you cannot.

You reach for him but your arm is too heavy to lift. It falls back to your side. You stiffly turn around and march back into the house. Someone is doing this to you. It has to be Elin. You are too sleepy for words.

//Go to bed now.// Elin's voice bellows in your head.

Normally mind trickery would not work on you because of your bonding with Qui and Ardeth. Their shared mental awareness protects you from such trickery, unless they are perpetrating it. However your pregnancy has negated your full contact with them in favor of the one you share with your unborn children.

The desperate need to sleep shoots through your body. Your babies stop moving. You're frightened. You can't make it to the bedroom. You need help. They are immobile. Are they okay? They do not respond to you.

//ARDETH!!// Your mind screams before the world goes black.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||