AN OLD FRIEND: Part 2

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


You and Swee wearily shuffle into the house. You've spent the better part of your morning at the doctor's office where you discover that you and the babies are progressing normally. Still you swear to yourself you will never take a sleeping pill again while pregnant.

"Thank the Force." You mutter entering the livingroom.

"You're back." Elin says to you wearing nothing but Qui-Gon's t- shirt. Actually it was a shirt you bought on base for him. It was emblazened with the Security Forces logo.

"Oh my!" SWee exclaimes. Her gears and joints hum behind you.

Elin catches you staring at the shirt.

"I needed something to wear after I cleaned up. My clothes are being laundered," She smiled like a woman who was not only comfortable in her own skin but in everyone else's as well.."They should be ready shortly."

"Where are--?" You begin ready for blood.

"They went into town for supplies."

You toss your purse onto a nearby table. What supplies? You already went in for supplies BY YOURSELF a week ago. Not to mention, they promised to go to the doctor with you this morning but when you reminded them, they said no...they were too busy.

You march pass Elin's scarcely clad body and head for the kitchen. You are greeted by a sink full of dirty dishes that weren't there this morning and the remnants of a great meal strewn across the counter and table.

Obviously you didn't partake in this feast because you had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. You are so angry you could scream, instead you opt to swallow your sorrow with berry juice.

"You know, they really are sweet men." Elin comments.

You did not hear her follow you. You take another swig of juice and park yourself on a stool.

"Madame shall I start cleaning?" SWee asks

You nod switching on the holonet. You're in no mood to talk. Elin slides onto a seat across from you.

"So they tell me Obi-Wan and Nurit are progressing well at the Temple."

Your hormones rise and fall by the hour as does your mood. Your anger has melted away into sorrow. You inhale to compose yourself.

"I guess. They seem to be. No one tells me anything."

"You know when I first met those two they were inseparable," Elin chuckles, "like molecules of water. Though they were never truly assigned together on a mission, they always managed to stay together."

You bite your lip and finger the label on the bottle. Is she playing you? You wonder. You try to raise your mental shields but it is difficult because your link to your unborn children will not allow you to do so. Maybe these children will be force-sensitive too.

"You are lucky to have them. No child could ask for better fathers."

You manage to raise them enough to keep her out of your head but you know she will be able to sense strong emotions from you. But at least she will not be able to mind-trick you. She's not that strong. At least you hope she isn't.

"Yes. I know." You say half-believing your words.

"Though they are a handful." Elin plays with a utensil on the counter. Her expression is wistful, "I was experienced and it was tumultuous with them, I can only imagine what you went through on your honeymoon." She pauses, "Especially considering you had never been with a man."

Your eyes slowly meet hers. You do your best to hide your horror.

"How do you know that? And what do you mean--it was tumultuous with them?"

"Oh please don't be offended. It is nothing to be ashamed of. We have always told each other everything."

"Everything." You wriggle your shoulders feeling a kink.

"Everything." She repeated smoothly.

"Well obviously we don't have that type of relationship because I didn't know any of this."

"Tell me, does Qui-Gon still like to show himself? He is quite a large man." Elin giggles.

You don't answer. You can't believe your ears.

"I thought so." Elin smirks, "Mind you Ardeth has nothing to be ashamed of but he's shy. Except when you push his buttons. I remember a time when they took me together, well needless to say walking--."

"Why are you telling me this?!! What kind of sick game are you playing?" You push away from the counter.

"Chana I did not know this would upset you so. I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you."

You walk out the room. But for a second, just a second, you see a triumphant expression on her face before it returns to its normal mask of serenity.

That night Qui and Ardeth do not return to your bed.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||