OLD FLAMES: Part 6

by:  Libby
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Obi-Wan was drifting off, into sleep or unconsciousness he didn't know which. But it was getting harder and harder to keep his weary eyes open. He would occasionally slap himself in the face or start mumbling to himself but his words were becoming slurred and he found it hard to lift his hand. He tried to contact his master numerous times but still he could not feel him. Katrine had barely moved and Obi-Wan found it hard to keep focused on the Sand People.

He didn't notice the small band encircling them. He didn't notice them luring the eopie with some food. He didn't see the ambush coming. Who would?


Qui-Gon woke on a cold surface. His head hurt and he felt a little dizzy. His first thought, Obi-Wan. But nothing had changed with the apprentice. Only he had. He took in his surroundings. He was in a…a he didn't know, it was a small room that was cool and very shadowy. Was the best way he could describe. As he slowly stood he saw from the little lighting in the room ancient writings, words he didn't know. He reached out to find a life form and found two outside his door. They were probably guards he thought. As he searched deeper they were…They were Sand People.

"Oh no." Qui-Gon sighed. They were keeping him prisoner. Why? He wondered. He had heard that the Sand People would attack and leave their victims, why had they captured him. He stood and tried to still his dizziness. He slowly walked to the door to look out the small window. The Tuskin Raiders didn't know whom they were dealing with. Qui-Gon figured they knew who he was and they probably wanted to learn more about the Jedi. Well Qui-Gon wouldn't give them that chance. He could easily persuade the guards to let him go. And get him a Bantha or speeder while he thought of it. And it was all for his safety and escape so Qui-Gon was sure he would be using the force in an honorable way.

But still Obi-Wan and Katrine. What if they had met the same fate as he? What is the pain he had felt from Katrine was the result of the Sand People raping or beating her? What about his padawan? Now he hesitated to just leave. What if they were being held too? Qui-Gon reached out and his padawan was close. But he couldn't distinguish how close. But Qui-Gon knew that he could not stay. That eventually the Sand people would kill him. But he had no idea what lied outside his cell. Where exactly was he. How could he find his padawan?

He scoped outside he could tell that he was in a prison block for he sensed other beings that were being held. He was surprised he never though that the Sand People had captives. Maybe weren't there own, maybe they would cell the to Jabba the Hutt. That possibility was most likely. He hoped that he would not meet this fate. It was then he noticed that his lightsaber was gone. He remembered hearing it fall into the ship vent. He hoped that the raiders hadn't retrieved it. But some feeling he had in him told him that they hadn't. That gave Qui-Gon some comfort.

But he knew that he must try and escape, the only way for survival. So relaxing his muscles and inhaling a deep breath Qui-Gon called on the force. And soon the door flew open and the struggle began.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||