OLD FLAMES: Part 5

by:  Libby
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Sand People. They were out there watching them from the canyon. Obi-Wan frantically searched for his com-link. It was gone. He had left it on the sitting table in the ship. He grabbed his lightsaber. It was now dusk and the sky was a light gray. He could see the Bantha's but not the Sand People. But he knew they were there. He looked down at Katrine. She seemed so small. He pulled her hand to his mouth and kissed it. Turning it over to her palm he could see that the growths were just now touching the surface. That they were growing quickly.

//Master I need you// Obi-Wan cried through his bond with Qui-Gon. He hoped that his master could hear him.


Qui-Gon sat up quickly. Pain and panic came from not to far. It wasn't his apprentice but it was Katrine. She was in pain. He reached out to his apprentice to find worry. He quickly got up and opened the ramp to the outside. It was just now beginning to get dark. They should be home by now.

Suddenly Katrine's cries were silenced. Her presence wasn't gone. The only explanation for her was that she was unconscious. Qui-Gon wondered what was going on. He looked out into the vast of sand and dunes. No sign of them, he called to his apprentice. No answer, only concern and panic. Two words came and hit him hard. The voice that spoke them, Obi-Wan, the words Sand People.

"Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon yelled hoping to hear a reply.

//Master I need you// came a voice small and insecure.

"Hold on Obi-Wan I am on my way." Qui-Gon said and quickly walked back onto the ship. He stepped inside, to go contact the council and tell them of there current situation. And that he couldn't sit tight. He would tell them to go on and send the crew but he might not be there when they came. But the moment Qui-Gon walked back onto the ship he knew something was terribly wrong. He brought out his lightsaber but right before he ignited it he was waked in the face by something blunt. And Qui-Gon tumbled to the floor unconscious. His lightsaber rolling from him and into a vent.

As the master hit the floor a Tuskin Raider or they were also called the Sand People came out triumphantly from his hiding place. Laughing at himself he called the 3 others who were hiding also. They continued there raid as the large man or thing lifted the man and prepared him for the journey back to his home.


Obi-Wan was bleeding badly. He knew too that he would lose his consciousness if he didn't do something quick. He stood slowly wincing only momentarily at the pain. He brought out his lightsaber and ignited it hoping to send a threat to the Sand People to warn them off. But he knew that his troubles weren't just the Sand people. He had to find a way back and he was totally of course.

Obi-Wan called frantically for his master. The last time he had called he had been comforted by the reassuring presence that had responded to him. But this time he felt nothing. His master was still there but not responsive. Obi-Wan shouted louder in his mind but still nothing.

He walked over to still Katrine. He sat down and wrapped his wounded knee with his cloak. He pulled Katrine's limp head on his lap and sighed. Not wanting to get up he called on the force. He was happy to discover that at least the force had not abandoned him. He using his ally made a small fire with tools he had brought a long from the ship.

He kept a watchful eye on the Bantha. Every know and then he would see something far off move. "They're getting closer." He said to himself. He stroked Katrine's hair out of her eyes and smiled to himself. He felt so alone.

Alone. And the thought of it made Obi-Wan shiver.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||