OLD FLAMES: Part 4

by:  Libby
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


"Ah Obi-Wan stop!" Katrine yelled in pain. Obi-Wan turned the beast to a halt as he looked out into the fast of nothing but sand.

"What is it? He asked worriedly. Katrine only slid of the animal to crouch in pain rubbing her hands. Obi-Wan came close to her.

"My growths are forming on my hands. It's too early. I am growing them to early," She said. Obi-Wan took her hands to see just under the skin the forming of more crystals. Her hands were red with irritation. Obi-Wan felt her forehead and also felt her fever. He tried to send vibes of peace and goodness to her but she still began to shiver in pain.

"I need some relaxant." She said. I get sick when this happens Obi-Wan." She said starring up at him. "A price we have to pay. For my father it would have been a celebration. For me a burden." Obi-Wan drew her close and they sat there for a second.

"We must press on Katrine. You know that. Just hold my waist and every time the pain is to hard squeeze. I will take some of the pain." He said.

"Alright." Katrine said. Obi-Wan lifted Katrine on to the beast and gave her some cool water to drink, then he too got some and jumped onto the beast. As he saddled Katrine tightly locked her arms around his waist and rested her head on his back. She was so embarrassed. She hated being different.


"Obi-Wan stop." Katrine said again.

"Katrine I can't but I will turn back It is getting dark anyway." Obi-Wan said turning the eopie.

"No Obi-Wan I need to lie down." When the words came from her mouth Obi-Wan struck with fear. He pulled the reigns tight and the eopie swerved. Knocking them both off. At first when the sand hit Obi-Wan's face he was disoriented. He slowly lifted himself up. His arms shaking as he did so. He searched for Katrine, who lay on the sand motionless. Panic ripped though Obi-Wan's heart like a fireball.

"Katrine!" he yelled loudly. He struggled to stand and when he put weight on his left leg it stung and he fell back to his knee. He looked down to see his knee bleeding badly.

"Oh man!" he yelled as he crawled to Katrine. He turned her over to face him. She had hit part of the saddle with her head and it knocked her out. Her fever now raged. "Water!" Obi-Wan yelled at himself. He crawled to the now calm eopie. And dragged the water canteen down. Lifting her back up he gave her something to drink. It did little. He took a drink himself. A noise from the eopie made Obi-Wan swiftly turn around, Something was out there watching them.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||