OLD FLAMES: Part 3

by:  Libby
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Morning came sooner than Qui-Gon thought. He could feel the heat from the suns, even being inside the ship. He looked at the two suns position and determined that it was still in the early hours of morning. Probably an hour after dawn.

He slowly got up and dressed, he redid his hair and other morning rituals just as if he were back home in Corusant. He wondered lightly what his apprentice was doing. He was blocking him again. He had been all night after his thing with Katrine. He sighed and decided he would go and find out…


Meanwhile…

Katrine groaned. Something was calling her from her comfortable slumber. She turned over on her side and looked up. Obi-Wan was above her smiling at her with glee.

"What are you doing!" she yelled sitting up quickly.

"Sorry my lady just thought I would give you a little wake up call." He said not changing his expression.

"Well wake up call yourself. If your master finds you in here you will be more embarrassed than you intended!"

"Don't worry. I'm leaving. After I talk to you about last night." Now Obi-Wan stood. "I kissed you last night." He said.

"Yeah." Katrine said standing.

"Well I liked it." Obi-Wan said looking at her. Katrine thought she would faint. He was so beautiful. His eyes, his face! So she said the next thing that was natural to her.

"I liked it too." She said smiling.

"Really you aren't mad at me?" Obi-Wan said in a boyish figure. He stepped closer to Katrine. She smiled and stepped closer to him, till they were so close you wouldn't know where one began and the other ended.

"Why would I be mad?" she asked in a low voice. Obi-Wan shrugged.

"I just thought maybe…" he couldn't finish for they were back at kissing. Except this kiss was more passionate. Katrine savored every second. The feel and taste. Obi-Wan slowly parted her lips with his tongue but then Katrine pulled away.

"Slow Obi-Wan." She merely said. Obi-Wan just looked in her eyes. They were a light blue almost white. He could see that the brown was returning. Hinting that his passionate moment had passed.

"I'm sorry if I went to fast, you just infatuate me." He said plainly.

"I'm glad to be of service." Katrine said with a smile. Her crystals on her head glowed brightly as the sun caught them. Obi-Wan decided that this woman was the most beautiful woman in the worlds. And that he was in love with her.

"I love you Katrine." He spoke his thought; she would have sensed it anyway. Katrine looked up at him, for a moment shocked. She replied with a peck on his cheek and a tight hug.

"I love you too. But I sense your master has woken. Go find him while I dress." She said pushing him out the door. Obi-Wan turned and lightly kissed her forehead and then went to go find Qui-Gon.

After the door closed behind him Katrine smiled to herself. She realized then that Obi-Wan had just seen her in her black nightdress that she considered the ugliest thing she owned. But she didn't care. She sighed again. Time to explore, just not the terrain of Tattione but a whole new life.


After searching all over the ship the three Jedi were able to find outfits for both Katrine and Obi-Wan. They were both dressed as measly peasants. Katrine looked at her reflection in the mirror. She rarely wore anything else but her Jedi garb. It was quite different and a little interesting. Her black pants weren't baggy, but not tight. They fit her perfectly. She also wore a sleeveless green shirt with a matching poncho. The poncho provided a cover for her lightsaber. She also had pulled her hair up in a bun, leaving a few strands down.

Obi-Wan was dressed in black pants and a gray tunic that came low enough to hide his lightsaber; he to looked absolutely gorgeous. He didn't button the first two buttons and reviled a little chest. Katrine took a breath. "Not in front of Qui-Gon!" She kept telling herself.

"You two ready?" Qui-Gon asked coming into view.

"Yes master." Obi-Wan said plainly coming up to stand next to Katrine who was fiddling with her hair, making sure it was tight.

Qui-Gon looked at them and smiled. His padawan looked different to him, but would appear normal to the locals. And Katrine looked lovely as always. "What a lovely couple you two make." Qui-Gon said grinning.

Only Obi-Wan managed a look at Katrine, who just sat there and blushed. Willing herself to keep her eye color at brown. Instead of the dark green it turned when she was embarrassed or humiliated. She then knew that Qui-Gon had suspicions. She hoped that was all.

"Well…I packed you enough food and water. You have your weapons and com-links?" he asked.

"Yes master…we need be on our way now. Did you find a wild eopie we could use? Walking would be…" Qui-Gon stopped him.

" There was some grazing not to far, but the only one fit to ride was a big female. I was able to contain her but she is a little wild. I also packed some water for her." Qui-Gon said.

"Good, walking would have been hard." Katrine now speaking. Obi-Wan looked at Katrine; a worried thought crossed his mind.

"Master, Katrine is part of a race not known to anyone on this planet. What if some one working for the Hutts sees her…They might try to kidnap her and…" Qui-Gon again silenced him.

"Obi-Wan…we are far from Hutt control. Only peasants will live here. And plus, Jabba is aware there are many other races he has no knowledge of, he wont be too irrational. And plus your Jedi. Defend yourself if trouble knocks at the door." Obi-Wan seemed calmed, but Katrine now considered the fact she could be in danger here. She refused to let it show. Down casting her head not daring a gaze at her Jedi companions.

"Well let's get you two aquatinted to this old eopie." Qui-Gon said. The two followed close behind.


"AHHH!" Obi-Wan yelled as the eopie bucked from under him. He held on to the saddle Qui-Gon had somehow conjured up. It wasn't sturdy and Obi-Wan figured it would break, but it did not. The wild animal bucked again. Obi-Wan slapped it at the same time sending it good vibes of peace. It quieted down and gave out a breath. "There we go…we have no time for diddle daddle come along Kat." Obi-Wan said hastily, and offered a hand to her. She looked at the hand then the animal. Then she looked at Qui-Gon behind her.

"Go ahead Katrine a Jedi knows no fear. Only goodness and peace, the light side." He said.

"I know…but…the eopie doesn't," she said as she took Obi-Wan's hand. He pulled her up as if though she weighed nothing. As she sat behind Obi-Wan the animal stirred she let out her own moan but again Obi-Wan used his powers to calm the beast. Qui-Gon walked up to them smiling.

"You two contact me every 2 hours or so. And be back at least a half-hour before dusk. The planet has a long day cycle; you should get about 7 hours searching, leave the other 6 to return if you don't find anyone who can help us."

"Yes master." Obi-Wan said trying to stop the beast from moving. "We will keep in contact."

"You sure you packed us enough water?" Katrine asked for the 5th time.

"Yes dear I am positive." Qui-Gon bellowed.

"You sure?" Katrine asked again.

"Yes!" Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon said at the same time.

"Well!" Katrine gasped. Qui-Gon smiled and slapped the eopie on its hide.

"Get along now." He yelled. And the master watched the two go off into the heating desert. The only sound was the wind and the wild eopies of in the distance. He sighed. He hoped they would be o.k.

Once they were out of site Qui-Gon walked back into the ship. What was he going to do with himself till they returned? As Qui-Gon walked into the sitting quarters of the ship something shiny caught his eye. It was the com-link. Obi-Wan had forgotten it. Now they had no way of contacting each other. Only the bond they shared. And Qui-Gon was sure that even if Obi-Wan knew he left it he wouldn't come back. He would say it was just a waist of time. That if they were in trouble Obi-Wan could contact them through their bond.

But Qui-Gon wasn't so sure.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||