OLD FLAMES: Part 2

by:  Libby
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Safely they landed. It was night on the planet Obi-Wan could tell by looking out the window. He looked over at his Master who was standing beside him. Then he looked down at Katrine who had piloted the craft to safe ground. She wiped the sweat of her forehead.

"There." She said.

"What do we do now?" Obi-Wan asked looking over at Qui-Gon.

"Well contact the council of course. Then check the damage done." Qui-Gon said sitting on a chair. He himself was quite exhausted. He had fought a vigorous battle and they were stranded. Little did her know it wouldn't be the last time.

"Well this ship will never get of the ground again." Katrine said standing.

"What do you mean?" Obi-Wan was almost afraid to ask.

"I wont get into detail but I spoke to the force and it told me that the structural damage was to great to withstand a take of even if we repair the thrusters. We must see if the council can help. If we can contact them clearly, I also sense we are at least 44 miles away from any town or city. 67 miles from Mose Espa." Katrine took a long breath. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon just starred at her as if she had grown horns.

"Just stop those thoughts." She said. Obi-Wan looked away from her and down to one of the dead crewmen.

"What shall we do with these bodies?" He asked.

"We'll put them in a storage area and cremate them when we return to Coruscant." Qui-Gon said standing. " You two carry the men down there and cover them and I will contact the council alright?" Qui-Gon said.

"Yes master." Obi-Wan said. Qui-Gon nodded and left. How were they going to get out of this one? They had enough food and water aboard for about 2 weeks and oxygen wouldn't be a problem they could just open the ramp though it would be very hot. But Qui-Gon hated being in this state. He longed for home.


"Council has scanned our location. But they say that by they can get a crew to us 5 days will pass. And Obi-Wan the weather is very hot and I don't know. Maybe we should try to find someone that lives on the outskirts and try to see if they can let us by a ship or fly us to town it would be quicker if we're successful. And you would arrive in time to go to your classes." Qui-Gon said to his apprentice.

"Either way I can get there soon enough master. And it is risky to go searching out in the wilderness. The Tuskan Raiders will be out at this time anyway. I think we can sit tight for 5 days." Obi-Wan said. He had just come back up from the storage room.

"That is what worries me Obi-Wan the Sand People will see our ship think it is abandoned and raid it. They will see us and fight us, and well."

"But Master I think we should just wait. Maybe keep the ramp open to show people are hear."

"But they don't know we are Jedi my apprentice." The two just stared at each other for a while. They both had good points.

Qui-Gon broke the silence. "We shall let Katrine hold the final vote, were is she?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "She is still down there covering the bodies. She is upset. She did not tell me so but she was hiding her eyes from me and her mind so I figured."

"Well every time life is lost there is a reason to have regret padawan." Qui-Gon said mournfully. He knew that Katrine felt responsible for the deaths of the men. He sensed it from her, she felt like she didn't help enough. He had also seen the dark purple color her eyes had changed to before he had gone. When she was feeling deep guilt or remorse. Her brown changed to a dark purple. Making her inexplicably beautiful.

At that moment Katrine walked into the room. "I covered them." She simply said and she sat next to Qui-Gon and looked down at her feet. Obi-Wan sat on the other side of her.

"There was nothing you could have done Kat." He said putting his arms around her. Katrine didn't look up in fear they would see her tear and the purple in her eye. It embarrassed her when her eyes changed. It reminded her about how different she was. And it made her feel alone.

"I sense you two need to discuss something with me." She said quietly.

"Yes." Qui-Gon said taking in a deep breath. "It is about what we should do." And Qui-Gon explained the two scenarios to her. After examining it inside her mind she came to a quick conclusion.

"You know," she began by looking up. Her eyes back to their color. "When something similar happened to me and my master last year we compromised. I think maybe Obi-Wan can and me go looking tomorrow and Qui-Gon you stay here and wait. We will see if we can find something before the council returns. But I will say this. I won't be out during dark hours so neither should you two so we will only search during the day."

"We won't get very far." Obi-Wan began.

"That is the point. We shouldn't leave and go far anyway cause if we get lost were dead." Katrine said looking sternly at him. " And if the Tuskan Raiders see us they will kill us and raid our things. But Qui-Gon will be here and if we don't return by dark…"

"I see what she is saying Obi-Wan. And I agree." Qui-Gon said standing.

"I still think it is risky Master but I guess me and Kat can search tomorrow. But I also know it will be very hot." Obi-Wan said folding his arms.

"Then we shall work around that. We can't go out as Jedi anyway because of the locals. We can shed a few of our tunics maybe take plenty of water. Whatever is convenient. Goodness Obi-Wan why are you being so downcast on this." Katrine said folding her arms.

"I am not being downcast." Obi-Wan replied back hurt in a way.

"Well your certainly negative." She snapped back.

"You should talk!" Obi-Wan said turning to face her. Katrine got ready for come back but Qui-Gon had enough.

"Children!" Qui-Gon bellowed. He rarely saw his padawan act in such a manner, if he were completely honest that scared him. "This is no way to act. Obi-Wan you will compromise and go out tomorrow. But only then, for we wont risk you getting lost or such. Apologize to Katrine for misbehaving." Qui-Gon said pointing to Katrine who was staring at the wall.

Obi-Wan looked surprised for a second but then obeyed. "Kat I'm sorry." He said looking at her she did not return his gaze. Qui-Gon frowned and continued,

"Katrine except his apology." He said sternly. Katrine looked up and looked directly at Qui-Gon, her gaze intense and her eyes the color of a dark maroon.

"Obi-Wan I except your apology." She said plainly then looked back at her shoes.

"Why are you two so upset, this frightens me to see this anger displayed. As soon as we return to the temple I shall request extra meditations for the both of you." Qui-Gon said in his lecturing voice. Obi-Wan looked up, his eyes read disappointment. Qui-Gon sighed.

"If you don't find anything tomorrow we will then stay inside here and await the council. They said that our ship was way out of their chart reach so they will have to search us out if we don't find someone." Qui-Gon said hoping to lighten the mood. He felt very odd. Then he decided to just leave the two with their problems. "I am going to my cabin to sleep. You two should follow my example soon." He said and gladly left the room.

There was an awkward silence in the room for about 5 minutes. But Katrine got tired of her own thoughts, but she didn't know what to say. She didn't mean to be so childish. But she didn't like it when Obi-Wan shut his mind to other possibilities. Or when he would deny habits he knew he had. She was getting ready to say something but Obi-Wan got out the first word.

"I hope you're happy with yourself." Obi-Wan said crossing his arms.

"What does that mean?" Katrine asked.

"You embarrassed me in front of my master." He said.

"Well you lived." She said looking back at the wall.

"Well aren't you going to apologize?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"NO reason to!" Katrine yelled. Obi-Wan stood.

"There is every reason to. He got all on my case when you contributed to this to you know." He said raising his voice, but then he soon regretted it. He sounded so cold. It was funny but when he was with Katrine he totally forgot who he was. He could just freely say what he felt. He felt vulnerable and naked, for he could not draw his barrier against her.

Katrine sensed the change in Obi-Wan's mind. She smiled and stood. He now knew what a dingbat he was, now to rub it in.

"Obi-Wan," she said coming up to face him. Folding her arms she continued. "I'm sorry you're a self absorbed apprentice who tries to hard for his master's approval. And only looks at the rational things and the physical possibilities of life. Never trusting outside his instincts. I'm sorry you can't wake up in the morning and have the same joy that I have. Not caring what is in store for me, just waiting for it to happen. For what you don't realize is life isn't what happens to you, it is what do you do when it happens." She said plainly. She grinned widely and waited for his reply.

Obi-Wan returned her grin and said, "I'm sorry that you know me inside and out." He said and walked out. Katrine stood there shocked no come back? That was not like the Obi-Wan she used to know.

Katrine sighed. Tomorrow was going to be a long day she might as well go to sleep. She shrugged off Obi-Wan's statement. And began to walk out. The moment the door swished open Obi-Wan was there. Almost running over her.

"Obi…" Katrine couldn't finish because Obi-Wan was kissing her before she could even think about it. It was a soft kiss. And it totally took Katrine's breath away. She began to kiss him back. But Obi-Wan pulled away.

"There." He said, then he left this time he went to his room and stayed there.


*He kissed me! He kissed me! Oh my goodness. He kissed me; I must have imagined it. Yes I imagined…no he kissed me! * That is all Katrine could think as she lay on her sleep couch. Over and Over again she repeated the scene in her head. In the long time she knew Obi-Wan they had kissed twice. Once at a birthday party that was totally harmless, And the last when Obi-Wan returned from the Bandamor sea after he and Qui-Gon's confrontation with Xtanonos. He had gone threw a lot and was hurt and Katrine, after she finally got to see him, kissed for she was so happy to see him. But they had never kissed like that. That was…she couldn't even describe that.


*Something has happened. They have done something. And I think I know what that is. Should I go check on them both, no. They didn't do anything like that. Or I would have a better feel. But sometimes just one kiss can trigger other emotions. I shouldn't have left them alone. But they were fighting. * That is all Qui-Gon could think about. He was now sitting up. He knew the moment Obi-Wan wanted to kiss her, his apprentice didn't even to bother to block Qui-Gon till he was kissing her. And then Qui-Gon could feel the excitement afterwards. He himself had kissed many girls in his youth, and there was nothing wrong with that, until it gets out of hand. Jedi were aloud to have relationship though most didn't. It clouds judgement. Even though Qui-Gon had a girlfriend before, he decided not ever to marry or get to involved.

But the thought of his apprentice getting involved. This was the father side of Qui-Gon was now showing. Obi-Wan was like a son to him and the thought of him and Katrine scared him. Even though he would pick Katrine over all the girls in the galaxy if he could.

*Stop Qui-Gon you can't change the way your padawan feels so just go to sleep! * Qui-Gon scolded himself. He lay back down and finally fell asleep.


*She hates me…Well she kissed me back…but she still will be mad tomorrow I know she will. But what if she liked it. Maybe she wants to marry me now. I don't want to get married yet. I… She has been my first real kiss that I ever initiated. I mean Padawan Ran once did something a little foolish but I…she liked it, I know she did. Maybe I will do it again. Toy with her a little. * Obi-Wan said with a sheepish grin overwhelming his face. He was pacing in his room unable to stay still. Finally he plopped on his sleep couch arms resting above his head.

He had wanted to kiss her for a long while. And now the sensation had totally stolen him. But he still was rational he kept his barrier from his master. He knew that he wouldn't get in trouble but still this was personal. And he wasn't exactly comfortable with his master knowing all about this. But would Katrine tell him? Or even worse did she think he was a bad kisser. Would she tell all his fellow padawan friends what a bad kisser he was?

He lay there for at least 45 minutes with those thoughts in his head. He didn't even notice when his eyes started to lower and finally shut. And soon Obi-Wan too was asleep.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||