A MISTAKEN LOVE: Part 9A

by:  Jenn
Feedback to:  ipomea@email.msn.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui-Gon looked fondly to his apprentice as the youth perched on the only chair in the room. The usually expressive face of Obi-Wan was drawn in a mask of disappointment. The Padawan braid drifted down over his shoulder, touching the upper reaches of Obi-Wan’s chest.

“You will be joining me in only a few short days, my Padawan.” Qui-Gon grimaced as he stuffed an extra pair of leggings into the satchel on his bed. His eyes drifted back to Obi-Wan. “You cannot come with me at this time, Obi-Wan. Yoda explained it….”

Obi-Wan sighed, drawing himself up to his full seated height. He knew that he needed to have better control over his emotions. “You will be unable to shield?”

Qui-Gon frowned as he picked up the handled bag and approached his apprentice. “Yes, apparently so. In order to finalize the bond, I must allow Larina in completely. Therefore, I cannot shield.”

“But…” Obi-Wan gazed at his Master with dejection.

A large hand landed on the boy’s shoulder. Qui-Gon tried to have the boy understand. “Larina and I find each other attractive, Obi-Wan. It is more than likely possible that we will engage in the carnal sports. If the bond so pushes us, neither one of us, I think, will object. I will not be able to shield you from the feelings and the actions. Distance is our only hope. Please understand that I need some privacy for this…and the nature of our training bond will not allow that privacy without the distance.”

Obi-Wan nodded, keeping his head down.

“Good,” Qui-Gon sighed. His hand rubbed the muscled shoulder of the boy for a moment and then withdrew. “You and Ha’run will follow within a week or so, my Padawan. Until then, you are to train with Master Windu.”

Again, Obi-Wan nodded, keeping his face turned to the ground. He had many questions about this bond and its effect on how he interacted and trained with his Master. With a sigh he raised his face. The look in his Master’s eyes was one that the boy had never seen before and did not wish to have a hand in removing. Qui-Gon actually seemed happy.

“I understand, Master,” he answered, quietly.

“Then I must bid you goodbye, apprentice. There is a transport that I must board, and I have to collect Larina.” Qui-Gon slung the satchel over his shoulder with a slight grin.

Obi-Wan followed his Master to the door, watching as the older man collected his cloak from the peg by the portal. The door slid open and the Master walked through it, his normally powerful stride more purposeful than usual. “Goodbye, Master.”

“A few short days, Obi-Wan and may the Force be with you.”

“And with you, my Master.”

Qui-Gon nodded and swung back around in the hall to continue down its barren stretch.

Obi-Wan sighed again as the door slid shut.


Mace Windu stood looking at the small ship that was being lent to Qui-Gon for this trip. It was large enough that two people would be comfortable, but small enough that there would be no wasted space. The Jedi Master placed his hands on his hips as a wind blew his cloak about his frame. He heard the approach of booted feet and turned to see his friend walking across the landing pad.

“You will watch after Obi-Wan?” Qui-Gon’s voice reached Mace before the other Jedi Master came to a stop next to him.

“Of course…I’ll probably show him some things that you have neglected to, also.” Mace joked, turning to look at the ship again. He felt the taller Master step to his side and gaze at the ship also. “You told her then? That is how you convinced her past her insecurities, isn’t it?”

Qui-Gon’s eyes caressed the ship much as the rising sun’s rays caressed the sky. “I told her that I cared for her and that I was attracted to her. Mace, it seems…”

“And she told you that she was in love with you.” Mace interrupted his eyes narrowing. “And you told her what you have told the rest of us. That you are incapable of the feeling…correct?”

“Mace…” Qui-Gon eyed the landing door, waiting for Larina to appear.

“Kira died, Qui-Gon, but she did not kill you with her.” Mace knew that he was being blunt. “And it was years ago.”

“I will not allow myself to feel that way again, Mace. Never.” Qui-Gon gritted his teeth together. “I allowed myself to love completely, and in doing so, when she died, allowed myself to feel the anguish of her passing. The Dark Side has never been closer…”

“You are older now…” Mace answered lowly. “You are lying to yourself and to Larina. What do you think affection and attraction is, Qui-Gon, if not love?”

Qui-Gon remained silent as the door nearby swung open to admit Larina. He squinted against the sun’s beams to watch her cross the landing pad. The early morning breeze swept the woman’s loose hair up and created a halo of inferno about her head. She was clad in a simple tunic and leggings, not particular to any school of the order. The wind pressed her clothing tight against her curves, causing Qui-Gon to sigh.

“Take care not to hurt her, Qui-Gon,” Mace whispered. “Don’t hurt her to spare yourself. She is yours now in all aspects.”

Qui-Gon remained silent until the woman came along side of him on the landing pad. The chill in the air had reddened her skin on her cheeks and brightened her eyes. He was instantly enraptured again. He felt the tugs on his psyche to reach out and touch her, and he did so, sliding his arm about her waist.

Larina looked up at the Jedi Master and smiled a little smile. “I am ready, Master…”

“Qui-Gon.”

She smiled wider, lowering her head. “I am ready, Qui-Gon,” she amended.

“Then let’s go,” Qui-Gon said, pulling on her waist and walking by Mace. At the last minute, Qui-Gon turned to look at his friend. “Thank you, Mace. I will think on what you have said.”

Mace nodded a slight twitch to his lips. “Safe travels, the both of you…and I will see you again soon.”

Larina waved and let Qui-Gon lead her up the ramp and into the belly of the ship. Mace stood on the landing pad as the sleek ship rose and rocketed into the atmosphere to join thousands of other ships. He shook his head. His friend was so far gone – there was no hope for him, but the old fool didn’t even see it.

He turned to walk back into the Temple proper and collect what would be a very lost Padawan.


Larina smiled as she stood in the only cabin in the ship. It was modest, not so much like the den of iniquity that she might have expected from such a sleek vessel. Qui-Gon had kissed her lightly on the nose and pointed her in this direction as he piloted the ship and cleared it through planetary space. It was a medium size room with the typical dressings of such a cabin: bed, place for storage, sink…and their satchels.

She crossed to the sole bag that she had brought on board. With a frown she opened it to retrieve her old tunic. It’s light tan lined with blue lapel was torn neatly, nearly severing the rim from the body of the tunic proper. It was the sign of a healer who was removed from the Order. She wondered how long it would take Qui-Gon to realize that her Force abilities had been capped making it impossible for her to tap them.

The Council had voted that her last transgression of forgetting the simplest of procedures in the healing arts had warranted removal from her status. They had removed her tunic and ripped it and then used a psyche manipulator Master to cap her ability to sense the Force. She had failed twice in the Order and they had deemed that she was to be placed where other Order rejected were placed, but her bond with Qui-Gon first needed to be addressed. When it was mentioned by an upset Ha’run that she might remain on the retreat planet to which Larina and Qui-Gon were headed as a helper for the communities of non-Jedi that lived there, the Council accepted.

Now, Larina had only to wait until Ha’run came to the planet to help her establish herself. And somehow, she had to inform Qui-Gon that she was no longer considered a Jedi. Unlike other times, though, this abandonment of her position did not bring pain. It was almost as if she expected this as her due, as the next step in her life. This tenure on this planet actually felt like she was returning home for some reason.

Her musings were cut off as the door behind her slid open and seconds later a pair of strong arms encircled her from behind. Her hair was nuzzled to the side and a pair of warm gentle lips suckled on the nape of her neck. She let the tunic fall back into the satchel and slipped her eyes closed.

“Larina,” Qui-Gon sighed huskily.

“Hmmm…” she answered, bending her neck forward to allow him better access.

“Please tell me that you feel a pull to continue the strengthening of our bond.” Qui-Gon nibbled up the cord in the side of her neck.

“I have since Tir.”

His palms cupping her hips and pulling her back into him followed his light groan. His heavy breath tickled her neck and she sighed.

“It is two days to Pedra,” he commented.

She nodded, pulling away to turn and look at him. Larina knew that flirting was not her strong point, but it seemed natural for her to put her hands on his shoulders and sigh. “Show me the reason for the boiling in my blood, then.”


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||