A LONG DAY: Part 1

by:  Judy
Feedback to:  willow_bend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


You can’t believe the day you just had. It was unbelievably long. All the people you had to deal with were complete idiots. And it was so hot outside you could barely breathe. You’ve just gotten home and all you want to do is crash in front of the TV and not move a muscle.

But...there’s supper to fix, pets to feed, clothes to wash--especially if you want something to wear tomorrow... So, you sigh and heave yourself up off the couch and trudge to the kitchen.

You open the fridge. Nothing inspiring in there. Same in the cupboard. Maybe a frozen dinner? You check but the only thing greeting you is a “Smart Ones” pasta and chicken entree. Woo hoo. You don’t even really like them, you just get them cause they’re supposed to be low in fat and you need all the help you can get.

[I think you’re perfectly fine.]

Huh? You glance around. The voice was low, almost a whisper. Maybe someone was talking outside your apartment. You listen hard. Nothing. You shake your head, uncertain now whether you heard anything at all. “Must be tireder than I thought.”

[Let me take care of you.]

There it is again. A low, insistent tug on your physche. You can feel a presence nearby. A sudden rush of adrenaline makes you tense up. All those nights of watching “The X-Files” and “Haunted Castles” on A&E catch up with you. “Somebody call ‘Ghostbusters’ now,’ you think as you scan the area around you. You’re sure your face has gone white. You feel cold.

[I’m not a ghost, I assure you.]

That voice, it seems so familiar and so calming.

[Please, relax, I only want to help you.]

That’s when you see him. Standing in your living room. He almost takes over the apartment he’s so tall. It’s Qui-Gon Jinn, but...how can that be? It's not possible. He can't be real.

“I assure you, I am quite real.” This time he speaks out loud and the difference causes you to jump. His voice really is that melodic, you notice, but whereas in your mind it had been soft and insistent, out loud, it is...immediate and almost overwhelming.

“But how can that be?” you find yourself asking still staring at him, eyes wide, trying to take in every detail all at once. It’s a dream come true. He smiles gently then, his eyes flashing amusement. He apparently caught your thought. You blush.

“Don’t be embarrassed. Truth be told, I’m not quite sure how I came to be here, physically that is. But I heard your call for help through the Force, and I could never resist a lady in distress. I am, after all, a Jedi Knight.” He bows gallantly, his smile widening.

Before you can stop it, the thought rises unbidden: “No, you are the Master.”

You suck in your breath, your blush deepening. Oh, no. He had to have ‘heard’ that.

He chuckles. “Well, yes, I am that too.”


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||