LESSONS IN CONCENTRATION

by:  Mia
Feedback to:  leannt@email.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


The door chime rang. Qui- Gon Jinn stood up and answered the door. He was expecting to see Obi- Wan or Yoda, his former Master. He had leant his apprentice out for the day to Master Yoda so he could learn some lessons in concentration. Obi- Wan had needed the pratice and Yoda was a very good teacher at it. He had tried hard to hide the grimace when his master suggested it, remembering his own lessons.

He opened the door and was suprised to see a young woman standing there. She bowed slightly, her padawan braid sliding off her shoulder.

"Master Jinn, your presence is requested by the healers."

He raised his eyebrows, concern evident on his face. "Is Obi- Wan all right?"

She shrugged slightly. "I'm not sure. Master Yoda brought him in, then I was told to contact you."

"Thank you."

She bowed again, then left. He reached out through his link to his padawan and felt pain and embarassement. Shaking his head slightly, he walked down the hall.

"Yoda's lessons will get you every time," he muttered.


Obi- Wan sat on a bed while a healer examined his arm. Yoda stood off to the side, watching intently. Qui- Gon let the door slide shut behind him before he spoke.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

Obi- Wan jumped slightly, then looked up. "I'll be fine, Master."

"What happened?"

"I think Master Yoda should explain."

The old Jedi master glared at him for a moment, before looking at his former student. "Concentration needs works."

"That was why you took him for the day."

Yoda looked slightly embarrassed. "Tell you, Obi- Wan will."

With that, he turned and walked out. The healer looked up.

"Whatever he did, he broke his arm. It's healed now and he's free to go."

"Thank you," he muttered before sliding off the bed.

Qui- Gon decided to save him the embarassement until they were in their own quarters. The ride in the elevator was quiet. Obi- Wan followed his master into their own apartment and started to head to his room. He knew he would never be that lucky.

"Obi- Wan," he said softly.

He turned around, feeling himself start to blush. "Yes, Master?"

"How did you break your arm?"

"Um, it was part of the lesson."

"Yoda let you break your arm to teach you a lesson?"

He felt himself getting even redder. "No, Master. I, um, was suppose to levitate thing while he sent me mental images, to see how well I could concentrate on something while I was distracted."

"We've done similiar lessons."

"I know. Then he had me levitate myself while he sent more images."

His padawan paused, his face blushing even more.

"How did you break it?"

"I was doing really well. I was about seven feet in the air when I fell."

Qui- Gon forced himself not to smile. "What made you fall?"

"Master Yoda sent the image of a beautiful woman."

"You've seen beautiful women before. Surely that wouldn't make you lose your concentration."

Obi- Wan's face was so red his master was afraid his head might explode. "She wasn't wearing any clothes."

"Haven't you seen a naked woman before, padawan?"

He looked offended, his skin slowly turning back to its normal color. "Of course I have. It was just so unexpected, I fell."

"What did Master Yoda say?"

"Before he found out I was injured he said it would teach me a good lesson in concentration."

"And after?"

"He said it would teach me a good lesson in gravity. Then he helped me to the healers."

He finally decided to let his apprentice off the hook. "Master Yoda use to do the same thing to me when he was my master. I never broke my arm, however."

Obi- Wan, who's face had almost returned to normal, blushed again. "Yes, Master."

"It is a good lesson to learn. If a naked woman walks by when you're fighting, you won't get distracted."

"Yes, Master."

"Rest up. You have a big day tomorrow."

"What am I doing tomorrow?"

"You have another lesson with Master Yoda."

As he walked into the kitchen, he heard his padawan groan quietly.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||