LAUNDRY DUTY

by:  Seven O'Nine
Feedback to:  jsolinas@erols.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Anakin is in the laundry room of the Jedi Temple, pulling clean clothes out of a washing machine and piling them into a basket. Obi-Wan enters, whistling to himself.

OBI-WAN: Hi, Anakin.

ANAKIN: Hi, Master.

OBI-WAN: Almost finished?

ANAKIN: Yes, Master. I've almost...

Obi-Wan peers into the basket and his eyes go wide.

ANAKIN: (dismayed)... finished.

Obi-Wan reaches into the basket and pulls out what looks like a baby shirt. He straightens and holds it against his torso, with a stunned look on his face.

OBI-WAN: Anakin, what did you do to the clothes?

Anakin wriggles a little, embarrassed.

ANAKIN: I washed them.

OBI-WAN: Good grief.

Obi-Wan tosses the shirt down and pulls a pair of dark brown pants from the pile, and holds it up to his legs. He looks relieved at the fact that they are the same size, then alarmed when he realizes something. Anakin wriggles.

OBI-WAN: Anakin...

ANAKIN: Yes, Master?

OBI-WAN: I don't have a pair of brown pants.

ANAKIN: (embarrassed) You do now.

Obi-Wan sighs and throws the pants over his shoulder, then starts going through the laundry again. After a moment of hesitation, Anakin joins in. After a moment, he finds something.

ANAKIN: What's this?

He pulls a pair of boxers from the pile. They are white and decorated with dozens of tiny multicolored lightsabers. Obi-Wan looks shocked.

ANAKIN: Master, what are these tangled up in the laundry?

OBI-WAN: They're nothing!

ANAKIN: They're white boxers...

OBI-WAN: They're not mine!

ANAKIN: (giggling) ... with little lightsabers all over them.

OBI-WAN: They're not mine! Give them to me!

A red-faced Obi-Wan snatches the boxers from his snickering apprentice's hand and stuffs them into a pocket. He clears his throat.

OBI-WAN: Erm... what else is there?

Anakin starts rooting through the laundry, and pulls out some pink silk lingerie. Obi-Wan's eyes widen, and Anakin looks at him questioningly.

OBI-WAN: Now that is DEFINITELY not mine!

ANAKIN: What is it?

OBI-WAN: Never mind.

ANAKIN: I think it's Master Gallia's.

OBI-WAN: Why?

ANAKIN: It has her name, right here on the back.

Obi-Wan hurriedly grabs the lingerie and sticks it back in the pile of laundry. He begins to root through it again, and pulls out a bright orange shirt, covered in bright yellow flowers.

ANAKIN: (awed) That's UGLY.

OBI-WAN: I'm with you there.

ANAKIN: Whose is that?

OBI-WAN: It's not mine! (pause) I think it's Master Windu's. Has his name embroidered on the collar... in purple.

ANAKIN: He wears THAT?

OBI-WAN: Yes.

ANAKIN: Wow.

OBI-WAN: Yes, wow.

Obi-Wan puts down the shirt and starts going through the laundry again. He pulls out a tiny pointed green hat with a yellow feather sticking up like a flag and balances it on his fingertips.

OBI-WAN: Oh boy.

ANAKIN: What's that?

A voice is heard from the doorway.

YODA: Mine that is!

Obi-Wan and Anakin turn back to see Yoda in the doorway, looking indignant. He is wearing khaki pants and a little flannel shirt, and carrying a tiny backpack.

YODA: My hiking hat that is. Looked all over for it, I have.

He uses the Force to levitate the hat from Obi-Wan's hand, setting it down on his head. With a happy smile, he limps out the door. Anakin and Obi-Wan just watch him for a moment, looking stunned.

ANAKIN: Wow.

OBI-WAN: Yes, wow.

They pick up the laundry and exit the laundry room. As the lights go out, Anakin pulls another pair of boxers from the pile and giggles.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||