JEALOUSY!: Part 3

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"A woman in your condition should not let her emotions get the better of her." The police officer eyes you with deep brown eyes, "Master Jinn we will let this go for now, but this had better not happen again."

"I assure you it won't. Thank you." Qui nods.

You both stand. You barely notice the criminals squabbling with the police officers around you.

You and he hurriedly stroll to the speeder. His leonine expression looks harsh in the dying sunlight. Qui is silent the entire drive home.

The Master parks the speeder in front of the house. Awkwardly you climb out of the vehicle not bothering to wait for Qui-Gon.

Dashing through the house you ask, "Where is Ardeth?"

Qui turns his back to you and takes off his robe. His silence is defiance enough.

Everything looks just as you left it.

//Did he even come home? Is he with her?// The thought of Ardeth with another woman makes your blood boil.

"What have you been telling him?"

"That is none of your business."

"It is my business! What goes on in this family is my business!" You try to calm yourself. "Don't you care anymore? Don't you care about us?"

"I do care about us." The master answers carefully.

His loaded remark came through loud and clear.

Some part of you wishes to rip his head off. But you know not only is that unwise, it is also not possible. Master Jinn is a man of great skill-- most of which is in the ability to protect himself. He is also a man of great compassion which he has sorely lacked as of late.

"Why are you behaving this way?"

"Why do you run behind him all the time?" He asks drily.

You clench your eyes and rub your head.

"You cater and coddle him. Jumping whenever he raises an eyebrow yet you barely give me the time of day. In case you didn't notice, I was the one who bailed you out of jail. I am the one who truly cares for you, for my son."

"I thought he was our son. Well he was when we started this whole thing. When did his status change?"

"The day you forgot who his father was."

//So this is it. Jealousy. This is prepostorous. Why should he be jealous of Ardeth.//

"You're destructive feelings are tearing this family apart. I am his wi--"

"NO!" Qui thunders, "YOU ARE MINE!"

The master continues quietly, "He is a grown man quite capable of taking care of himself."

"So are you. What's your point?"

"He is sulking. He will get over it."

"The window you think you see is actually a mirror. The only one sulking in this relationship is you."

He rolls his eyes at you and looks away.

"So you no longer want him in this house? Our bed? Our life?"

"I never said that."

"But that's where you're pushing him."

Qui-Gon sits on the sofa studying you quietly. You notice a folded piece of paper addressed to you on an end table. You pick it up and read it. The penmanship is neat and clear. The words break your heart.

"What if he breaks the bond?" A lone tear forms in your eye and streams down your cheek.

"He won't."

"You're so sure." The paper crumples in your clenched fist.

"I know him."

"I know his heart. And right now he's out there with someone else."

The muscles in Qui-Gon's face tighten. The master is a very territorial man. He can be generous to a fault except when it comes to his lovers.

"He's not only cheating on me, he's cheating on you."

His eyes dart to you. They flash black.

"You're so smart ask yourself this, what are we going to do when we lose him forever?" You hiss throwing the crumpled note at him. Qui does not flinch.


Inside Jill's room, Jill and Ardeth kiss feverishly. Their hands roam freely over their bodies.

"Ow." She winces touching her sore nose.

"I'm sorry." Ardeth shakes his head, "Please let me."

Reluctantly, Jill agrees. Placing his hand to her nose, the Knight heals her broken nose. He carefully peels away the bandage over her nose. Ardeth beckons her to examine his work. She wiggles it and then flares her nostrils.

"Thank you."

"It is the least I can do."

She smiles coyly and kisses him again. Their bodies naturally lay back on the sofa.

[ "Join hands." The Healer instructs Ardeth, Chana and Qui- Gon. They intertwine their fingers gazing at each other. The healer holds her hand over their heads.

"Let the Living Force bind your lives together...]

Ardeth pulls away with a start.

"What's wrong?" Jill asks shocked

"I must go." He stands up and quickly puts on his robe.


Strands of hair cling to your wet face. Your breath puffs out in short bursts. Lush foliage and colorful flowers bloom around you. You detect the sound of running water. Your boots are sucked in mushy clay whilst you stop to catch your breath. The thick air inside the arboretum makes it difficult to breathe.

//It must be the pregnancy.// you wipe your head, //I've never been this tired before.//

No matter how tired you are, you won't stop. You've flown all the way to the Jedi Temple on Yavin 4 where Ardeth's note told you he'd be. The Contemplative Temple has greatly shaped your life. It is here you relationship blossomed and failed with Qui-Gon and then blossomed with Ardeth. Now it looks to be the place where your time with Ardeth will end. He is here for only one reason and you've done your best not to think about it. And that was no easy task on a quiet transport with nothing to do but except worry for four hours.

You spot him. He sits atop a patch of grass facing a waterfall and a creek. His pose is meditative, your link to him is barely open.

"They said I would find you here." Your voice is barely heard over the rushing water. His back is to you, he doesn't move.

You kneel next to him, his eyes are closed.

"Ardeth?"

The weary Knight opens his eyes slowly, "We must go they are waiting."

//He wants to do it. He wants to dissolve the bond.//

"Ardeth wait..." you whimper, "can't we talk about this?"

You rub your stomach. His eyes look at your hands. You stop. He stands.

"No!" you grab the hem of his robe. "Don't. Please."

"Chana there is no other way." His voice is cold, curt. It reminds you of when you first met. You thought he hated you. Perhaps he has returned to those sentiments.

"There is another way." you manage to stand. "We can-- we can work something out."

"No."

Your bottom lip quivers. More tears streams down your face.

"You lied to me." You mumble barely holding back the flood gates.

"What?" His eyes narrow. "When! When have I lied to you?!"

His ferocity makes you flinch.

"The day you said it didn't matter I was carrying Qui-Gon's child." you look down ashamed.

"He made it an issue." Ardeth peers at the skylight, the early morning sun streams directly in casting a shadow behind him.

Your boy stirs inside of you, "We can't do anything anyway, he's not here."

Ardeth walks away, "He does not have to be here. The epicenter of the bond is through you."


You sniffle quietly as you stand before a Jedi Master Healer. Ardeth stands silently behind you, observing the sitting Master. The older gentleman with dark skin and coarse white hair looks at you both.

"She does not wish to break the bond. Knight have you considered this carefully?" The man's raspy voice floats to your ears.

This is it. You are here. The life you had is over before it truly began. Barely one standard year into your bonding...

"I have considered it and this is best."

"You have a triune bond. Where is the third?"

"I don't know. She is the epicenter."

"Is there such rancor in this bond that nothing may bring peace?"

A knight slowly pushes in an anti-gravity cart with an ornate golden box atop it. From experience you know inside are the very stones that bound your lives together-- The Healing Crystals of Fire. Today they will tear it apart.

Waves of panic roll through you, as you think about a life without Ardeth. You love him so much. More than any words can describe and yet you have no say so in stopping this. Tears pour out of your eyes, a lump grows in your throat. Your head sinks as you fold your arms. Your unborn son shifts inside of you as the stones are uncovered.

"Come." The gentle knight near the cart motions to you.

Hesitantly you move toward her and hold out your hand. The Master Healer closes his eyes. You feel your connection to Ardeth die slowly.

"Dear gods." You cry. "Please. No." You turn to Ardeth, his eyes are closed in anguished.

An image is brought forth in your mind. It is a glowing circles, dotted with three points of light. That circle which was once your bond begins to reshape. You close your eyes. The link that was Ardeth's fades.

You cry more profusely as the heat from the crystals warm your hand. They glow intensely as the Master Healer quietly recites a prayer.

The connections you have built and shared with him wilt away. First the tiny ones disappear, then the larger ones such as your connection to his mind and presence.

The ensuing emptiness is like someone ripping your heart out of your body.

"Ardeth please." Your voice is hoarse from tears. Your hand trembles as he pulls away emotionally.

"Please stop." A voice pleads quietly. It is not yours.

Everyone looks at the door way. Qui-Gon stands there, hands inside his sleeves. His eyes are red.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||