IN THE BEGINNING: Part 4

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui stands quietly against the wall. You stare at the floor feeling like you just slapped his mother. Outside the tiny office, you hear voices chattering as a typically busy day begins inside Conjugal Heaven.

The Jedi Master has been silent ever since you arrived. He set up this meeting and you felt obligated to come though it seemed like a betrayal to Ardeth-- whom you have not heard from.

"Why?" Jinn asks softly

"I don't know. It just is." You sigh. A lump grows in your throat.

"I don't accept that. He was my best friend."

You lick your lips fighting back tears.

"I don't know." You sniffle, "You didn't want me."

Qui turns to face you, "So you ran to him because I did not want you?"

"No, it wasn't like that. I mean, I didn't intentionally..." You fall silent.

"At any time while we were together did you--?" The master closes his eyes unable to finish.

"No. You were the only man I wanted."

"Unlike now."

You say nothing and stare at the floor. "I'm sorry. I didn't--"

"I came back to tell you that I loved you. And that I wanted--." He stops and shakes his head. "But it seems you are already betrothed. My loss is his gain."

You fold your arms protectively. He said those three little words that you've longed to hear but now... Yes, you still need to hear them.

"Qui I love--" He stops you.

"NO!! If you can't say it in front of him then I don't want to hear it!!"

You shake under his anger.

Four days later you hurry into Conjugal Heaven, clawing your way passed love sick couples. The desk sargeant waves you back to your assigned room. You knock briefly and enter. Ardeth awaits as promised.

"What took you so long?" His back his to you. The knight's brown robe is freshly pressed.

"I got off duty as soon as I could." You near him.

Ardeth turns around and holds out his palm.

"Please do not come any closer."

Stopping in your tracks, you look at him imploringly.

"You still love him."

"I love you."

"I am right." He asserts with his back to you.

"Ardeth, I--"

"TELL ME!" He turns and closes his eyes and calms his breathing. "You are still in love with him."

"Ardeth I want to spend my life with you."

"Then tell him. You can not have us both."

You stare at the floor.

"I thought so." He comments softly, "Thanks for nothing."

"Have you seen him?"

Ardeth walks by you to the door, "I don't want to see him."

It slams behind you.


You hiccup into the shoulder of a tall man with more ribbons than you. He holds you tightly swaying to the soft music of the band on stage. His hands wander down to your ass. You let them stay there.

"Why don't we go somewhere more private."

You look at him through hazy vision and hiccup.

"Come on." He leads you off the dance floor nibbling on your neck.

"All right pal." Garr interrupts with his date in tow, "she's had enough."

Hiccuping again, you grab a drink from a passing tray. You swig it instantly and place it on another passing tray.

"Who the hell are you?" The man demands

"Her guardian angel, now back off!" Garr stares the man down. You spy the crowd for another drink, still clutching the man's arm.

"Okay Chana, you're coming with me." Garr prys your hands off the man. You don't even know the guy's name.

"But--?" You gesture to the hazy figure receding in the distance.

"No. You've had enough, now it's time for you to go home." He turns to his date and mumbles something. She nods and walks away waving coyly.

"Nope, nope can't let you do that." You saunter away from him, "You go on with your date, I'll be fine."

"No you won't. I'm taking you back to the barracks."


You lean against Garr as the taxi sways because of turbulence. Your head is beginning to spin and you don't feel so good.

"Chana this has got to stop."

"Yea, I don't think I'm gonna make it." Your stomach rumbles.

"You have to. This happens to people all the time. You still have to drive on and live your life."

You frantically look around the taxi for a container.

"Don't let this consume you. So you made a mistake! Move on, but don't' make a bigger one with that ass!"

Feeling you can't hold back any longer. You hurl on the floor in front of you just as the taxi comes to a stop.


Ardeth pressed the chime to Master Yoda's quarters. He had no idea why he was called to the see the Master but he dutifully came as requested. With a long sigh, the knight entered the quarters. Stepping into the spartanly decorated sitting area, Ardeth saw Yoda calmly watching him.

Most of the furniture within the room was of standard size and height with only a few exceptions.

"Master." Ardeth bowed deeply removing his hands from the recesses of his sleeves.

"Knight Fey, grateful I am for your prompt reply." Yoda said sitting in his chair while tapping his walking stick.

Ardeth knew that it was a sign of the Master's great agitation.

"It is my wish to serve you fully."

"Knight, you serve the Order not me." Yoda continued tapping his stick.

"Yes Master."

"Sit down."

Ardeth complied. His lanky legs curved over the plush red sofa.

"Consider yourself a child do you?" Yoda leans forward, "Hmm?"

"No master."

"Then why do you behave as one? For years I have over looked your temptuous emotions. Up and down are they. Constantly like waves in an ocean. But overlook I have, for such a good Knight you are and great one you will be."

"Thank you master." Ardeth said softly eyeing the plush carpeting.

"This foolishness with you and Qui-Gon must end now!"

Ardeth's gaze darts to the diminutive Jedi Master. Yoda's ears move forward.

"Ahh. Surprised you are that I know." Yoda scowls, "EVEN A CHILD IN THE CRECHE COULD SENSE THE ANIMOSITY YOU TWO HAVE FOR ONE ANOTHER!"

Ardeth's jaw tightens as he takes a deep breath.

"You have been best friends nearly your entire lives...do not destroy such a precious gift." Yoda grows silent.

"What have you to say?" He asks finally.

"Nothing master." Ardeth answers trying not to sound disrepectful.

"Why any woman would ever want to put up with you two is beyond me," Yoda straightens, "QUI-GON COME HERE!"

Qui steps out of the bedroom normally reserved for an apprentice. Ardeth knew all too well that it used to be Qui's old room. He'd visited it many times as a child.

"We are not leaving until this is resolved." Yoda glares at the two and motions for Qui-Gon to join Ardeth on the sofa.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||