IN THE BEGINNING: Part 3

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"Why didn't you tell me you were a virgin?" Ardeth snaps slipping his tunic over his well-defined chest.

In a mass of crinkled bed sheets and disheveled clothing you sit up. Feeling the onset of an anxiety attack, you try not to hyperventilate. "I didn't think it would be an issue."

Ardeth frowns and continues dressing, "No. It is not that. I love you and I'd rather your first time be special."

You are amazed at what slips through his defenses. Did he say what you think he said. Sliding over to the side of the bed, you stand on the edge and pull him close.

"Say it again." You smile.

He blushes and scowls a bit, "I'd rather your first time be- -"

"No the part before that."

Ardeth hesitates and repeats quietly, "I love you."

You pull him into a strong embrace, kissing him passionately, "I love you too." Your mouth never leaves his.

"Put on some clothes," His eyes dart down to your bare flesh.


Ardeth's parents wave to you as you and he dash away in a speeder. You like them a lot. They are wonderfully warm people who seemed to like you instantly though his father was a bit gruff at times. No matter, their hospitality was immeasurable.

"How long will you be away?" You ask caressing his leg as he manuevers the stubby speeder he borrowed from a friend.

"I am not certain. The truce has broken down again and a Jedi must be present at the negotiations. Though my duties will be ceremonial the council asked that I remain until all parties agree. Unfortunately, if there are any disputes I will not be allowed to interject. Hopefully they will come to a just accord quickly."

"And if they don't."

Ardeth glances at you briefly giving you the I-can-not-tell- you-more-look. It is the same one you give him at times. These past few months have been wonderful, it is a shame it has to come to an end.

"We're up for rotation again, I too will be leaving." You sigh.

Ardeth shifts uncomfortably and sighs.

"Be careful." He says curtly.

"I will." You lean against him, careful not to disturb his driving.


Qui-Gon's majestic leonine figure is silouhetted in the background of lit stars inside the Temple Map Room. The planet Titan rotates before him. He sighs shaking his head.

"You're hair is getting longer." Mace says standing in the doorway, "I still think you should go for the shaved look."

"No thank you. I'm not as radical as you."

"That's funny coming from you Jinn. Is there not a time when you don't butt heads with the council?"

"Yes. When I am asleep."

"Yoda would beg to differ. He can see our dreams you know." Mace stands next to his old friend and observes the spinning hologram. Patches of lush green are interspersed with long patches of light brown. "You know when I take my seat on the council, you can not expect me to cover for you."

"My friend we will broach that subject when needed."

"Well, it's either that or the girl."

Qui studies his friend.

"Don't look so shocked Jinn. You're emotional shields may hinder my empathy but I know the expression. I have experienced it myself. So is she a native?"

"No."

"What? Councillar?"

"Security Forces."

"You're kidding."

"No."

"She dumped you."

"No." Qui motions for the planet to recede into the starfield. "Things didn't work out. It was not the will of the Force."

"Ah. I take it you have meditated on this." Mace smirks knowingly.

"For some time. Our lives are so separate there would be no fruitful future."

"Then why do you long so?"

"I do not know."

"Probably because the emptiness is eating you alive. Do you think of her?"

Qui sighs with anguish, "All the time. And the last time she requested to see me, I could not say good-bye." Embarassed he chuckles, "I sent Ardeth."

"Where there is one, there is the other."

"Yes well not as of late. Our lives have kept us very much separate."

"Is she the one?" Truly intrigued, Mace's brown eyes study his friend.

Qui nods, "I'm afraid so."

"Then you must confront this fear or live with regret for the rest of your life."


You and Ardeth stroll through the gardens of the Contemplative Temple. It has become your special place. He has informed you that the force-sensitive plants and flowers inside the garden intensify any motion that a person is feeling.

"Even carnal ones?" You curl your arm around his tightly and grin slyly.

"Yes." He smiles at you, "And we will discuss that after the ceremony."

You nod. Ardeth has asked you to bond with him and you said yes. Of course it's sudden but you love him and he loves you. And that's all that matters. Right?

You both sit on a bench. He snakes your arms around him pulling you close. Ardeth's firm lips press into yours and opens allowing his tongue into your mouth. He floods your conscience with his, surrounding your mind completely. As he kisses you fervidly you sense the strong passions he battles with on a daily basis. His warrior spirit bubbles underneath slipping into your conscience laying claim to you.

"CHANA!?" Qui-Gon yells

You pull away shocked beyond measure. Ardeth remains cool. He holds your hand.

"Master Jinn." You squeak.

Jinn blinks his eyes rapidly as if hoping everything will disappear.

"What are you two doing?"

You cling to Ardeth, Qui sees this and quakes.

"No. No. This is not happening. You two?" He stammers as his chest heaves up and down.

Suddenly you feel awful, "I--"

Ardeth's grip keeps you from moving. He flashes you a look that tells you to be silent. You swallow hard as the plants rustle around you.

"What did you do to her?!" Jinn accosts Ardeth.

Ardeth stands eye to eye and challenges, "Everything you were unable to."

Jinn looks to you, "Has he influenced your mind?"

You shake your head slowly recognizing the pain in his eyes. Did he come back to reconcile?

"I would never do such a thing!" Ardeth hissed.

"Chana?" Qui says with overwhelming hurt.

"Leave my betrothed alone." Ardeth warns pushing you behind him.

Qui stares at Ardeth. His expression hardens.

"Yes. She has agreed to be my life-mate."

You see pure hatred flash upon the master's face.

//This isn't how things are suppose to go. What's happening?,// You fold your arms unsure of what to do.

"NO!" Qui pushes Ardeth out of the way and yanks you to him, "Come with me. I must speak with you."

Ardeth prys you away, "She is mine!" He grips your arm tightly to the point of pain.

"Bastard you betrayed me, get away!" Qui uses the Force to pull you to him.

The Master clutches your waist and starts to haul you away. Shocked, scared and confused you begin to tear.

"NO!! SHE LOVES ME!" Ardeth yells and you are knocked from Qui-Gon's arms by a force stronger than a blow from a transport.

Qui dashes to Ardeth drawing his lightsaber from its sheathe and Ardeth responds. Their hissing blades clash.

"NO! You must stop this instantly!" Jedi Knights shout running to stop the commotion.


Trembling, you rub your temples inside a sitting room. You lean against a wall staring at the darkness outside. Two hours have passed since the three of you were brought in doors.

//I hope they are all right.//

"They will be." A man says behind you.

You turn.

"I am Master Tsi."

"Where are they?"

"They are meditating. It is important that they release this hostility immediately. Their place in the Force depends upon it."

You know he speaks of the dark side. Qui has told you many times that once a knight begins a path towards the dark side it is hard for him to stop. It is what all Jedi dread. Your bottom lip quivers.

//I may have driven them to it.//

"Umm... can I see them?"

"No." Tsi eyes you sympathetically.

You nod and leave for the spaceport. There is a chance you can catch a shuttle back to Titan.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||