IN THE BEGINNING: Part 1

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"I am Master Qui-Gon Jinn," The sizable Jedi with long chestnut hair intones. He is handsome, his demeanor is warm and inviting as are his sapphire eyes. "This is my associate, Knight Ardeth Fey."

You sit across from them in a corner booth. The cantina stinks of dusky smoke, stale musk and drink. Your back is straight, face taut. You have to be back on base in 63 minutes. "Sirs, it is a pleasure to meet you."

You regard Ardeth Fey. He is just as handsome as his friend but his demeanor is less inviting. Shoulder length raven hair swirls around his caramel colored youthful face. Ardeth peers at you with obvious disdain.

//Why?// You decide not to care.

"You are a Sargent in the Security Forces?" Qui-Gon gestures to the chevron's on your shoulders. They are two months old, freshly tagged by your peers.

"Yes." A polite smile creeps across your face.

"Why did you kill Captain Acrisius?" Ardeth hisses, "Now his people will be without a leader. They need someone to provide direction for them this winter."

"He should have thought about that before he pointed his blaster at my men." You retort leveling a cool gaze at him.

"His death was senseless. You could have wounded him. The shot need not have been fatal." Ardeth asserts. His mahogany eyes scrutinize you.

"I did what I knew was right to protect my men. And I will do it again if I have to." You clench your jaw. This is going nowhere fast. "If you'll excuse me."

"No please. Sit down." Qui-Gon glares at Ardeth. He then looks at you and smiles warily, "I am sorry about my friend. We are just trying to ascertain a motive behind your behavior."

"It was not personal, if that's what you're asking." You move a strand of hair out of your vision. You make a mental note to take better care when braiding your hair. A sloppy appearance can set a bad example.

"On the contrary. It is very personal." Qui-Gon offers. "Death always is."

"In my line of work it isn't. It doesn't mean I find joy in it or that it occurs often but death happens."

"So your assignment was not to kill Acrisius?" Qui-Gon probes, "Originally."

"That information is classified. I'm sure if you speak to my superiors they will tell you everything you need to know."

"I don't believe her." Ardeth says in Titanese to Qui-Gon.

"I don't care whether you do or not." You fire back in Titanese and glare at the agitated knight.

A flash of surprise crosses his face. In the midst of silence, a conversation passes between the two Jedi. Ardeth shakes his head in disgust. He leaves the table without a word.

"Master Jinn I must return to base. So if you'll excuse me."

"Please, will you be my guest tonight for dinner?"

You chuckle and shake your head. What is this? Some really bad spy holo or something?

"I have no more information to tell you. Taking me to dinner won't accomplish a thing."

Qui-Gon leans back. He purses his lips and sighes. Sapphire eyes study you. "My dear, this is purely social. If I wanted more information from you I'd have it by now. So, where shall I pick you up?"

You think for a moment. This is true. Jedi are known for their empathic abilities. And they are also known to be fierce warriors. But then again, if you can survive two weeks in a Kessel Spice Mine, you can handle a Jedi. Besides, what harm can come of one date?

"I'll meet you."


Months later....

Qui's embrace is tender yet strong. You two lean against a tree listening to a band perform on the gazebo. You're beginning to love the summer concerts on Yavin 3. Who knew Jedi could play music so well? Farther down the hill, others enjoy the concert. You and Jinn occupy a patch of greenery near the top of the hill. The spot is secluded just the way he likes it. Jinn has a thing about crowds. Outside of work, he prefers not to be around them.

You crane to kiss him. He responds immediately. His beard brushes your chin as his tongue caresses yours.

"You're right this is much better than meeting in Conjugal Heaven." You purr and begin to chuckle.

"I thought it was called the Spousal Visitation Center." He says fingering your tresses.

"It is." You lazily eye the band. "But everybody has taken to callin' it Conjugal Heaven cause--"

"I can imagine why." Qui interrupts pulling you into a firmer embrace. "So have you discussed your new Jedi boyfriend with your buddies?" He makes himself comfortable against the tree.

"Nope. They don't care actually."

Qui smiles.

"Do you discuss your new girlfriend with Ardeth?"

"He doesn't care actually." The Master mocks you.

You poke him in the chest. "I don't sound like that."

"I beg to differ."

You two playfully tussle under the tree.


You nod politely to Ardeth as he steps into his speeder and drives away. You swear each time he drops off Qui-Gon, he seems more pissed off. However, the Master constantly assures you that Ardeth's attitude is merely "his way." You accept it for now.

Qui-Gon kisses you firmly on the lips in front of the guard at the gate breaking rule number one for the Security Forces. No Public Demonstration of Affection or No PDA for short. You've explained this to him many times but he won't stop.

"I have missed you." Qui's eyes scrutinize your face as if trying to set every inch to memory.

"And I you." You hear the guard behind clear his throat, "Shall we go?"

Qui glances at the young man who is more than ten years his junior. "Yes."

Though the master is by no means aged, it seems the weight of his life's duty have placed heavy burdens upon his body. It is obvious he has seen much.

"My place is not too far from here." You gesture for him to follow.

"Little one, we must talk about your job."

"Sure what do you want to know?"


You lean over the guard rail staring at the red almost coppery colored water. You know the water's color is affected by unique sediment of Titan but still it's give the water an eery look. Like blood. Even in the Pa'ered-- the Watery side of the planet--life still maintains a desert feel in spite of the lush plant life.

Music, dancing and drinking carry-on behind you inside the Cantina. Talked into going here with your buddies during leave, this once exciting place holds no interest for you.

//I wonder if he's okay,// You slide a toothpick around your mouth.

"Uh-oh. I know that look. Kenobi is hooked."

You grimace hearing Sgt. Russell Garr's voice. He's your best friend, running buddy and fellow point walker. You two always volunteer to walk point together because there's no doubt you'll have each other's back.

"Garr what are you talking about?" You quip taking another swig of an exotic drink you've forgotten the name of.

"I know that look." He leans on the rail next to you. "It's the look of the silent killer." Garr hiccups, "Love."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. You're drunk Garr."

"That maybe true Kenobi," He slurs, "but I'm still quite observant."

You continue staring out over the moonlit water watching waves crash against a distant shore.

//Mrs. Chana Jinn// You ponder and take a sip.

You notice his face inches from yours.

"You haven't been listening to a word I've said." He grabs your glass and finishes your drink. "I said for the hearing impaired...who is he?"

"You don't know him."

"Is it that guy from the 33rd battalion?"

"Nope."

"What about the one in second infantry?"

"The officer?"

"Yea."

"Hell no. You're so off." You smirk

Garr scrunches his eyebrows, "Not that chick in supply?"

"No." You frown, "Give it rest."

"Tell me. If you can't tell me....who can you tell?"

You sigh knowing he's right. "It's a Jedi."

You wince as the glass crashes to the floor.


The evening chime rang within the dormitory of the Jedi Contemplative Temple on Yavin 3. Qui and Chana paid no attention deciding to pull each other closer as their panting breaths filled the room. Chana moaned as he kissed her, ravishing her mind and body. Qui-Gon loved feeling her petite body beneath him.

He reveled in the openness of her mind and spirit. The master tentatively reached his mind out to hers wanting a deeper connection. He was trained to be a very sensual being living beyond his finger tips now he wanted to experience it with her. Qui-Gon wanted to touch the very essence of her conscience.

"Mmmmmm." Chana purred beneath him as he opened her shirt exposing her pert breasts. She allowed him access to her true feelings. Qui's conscienceness flooded Chana's, surrounding her senses.

Even more aroused, the master stopped momentarily to remove his outer tunic. On his way back down, he opened her legs. She responded awkwardly but willingly. Jinn paused to admire her semi-exposed body. Flesh peeked out from his tunic she wore.

"Little One," He whispered in between kisses caressing her soft skin.

"Qui." She responded lifting her hips to receive his wandering fingers.

He wanted her now. Badly. The first time he laid eyes on Chana there was an attraction that was more than physical. Her very existence gave his mind no respite. In her, he found a friend and now a lover.

"Unnnngggghhhhh." She wailed her climax from the motions of his fingers on her clit.

She shimmied up his tunic and began nipping his stomach and chest driving him insane.

"Gods Woman!" His raging hard-on bulged through his leggings.

Chana yipped as his fingers tried entering her hole. Fearing he hurt her, Qui stopped.

"Chana?" He whispered trying to move aside.

Undaunted she continued. The master's aroused body betrayed his mind under her erotic machinations. //Incredible.// "Shhhh." She assured him allowing her mouth to explore the slightly salty taste of his skin.

Qui's hand explored her mound once again coming upon her secure hole. He remembered she had never been with a man. The *moment* began to slip away as he realized this could be her first time.

Should it be this way? Inside the Jedi Temple on a weekend getaway? Should it be with him?

//Am I ready for this?// That question resounded in his mind causing him to reel away from her.

Jinn's body grew rigid. He's unsure about whether to continue or not.

"mmm..Qui don't stop." She purred in his ear.

He began pulling away.

//This has too much meaning. Isn't she saving herself?//

Chana flipped him on his back and mounted him. Her lips wandered over his beard, mouth and chin. She made her way down his neck suckling his flesh.

"I thought you were saving yourself." Qui said with some distress.

"I was." She lifted his tunic and ground into his organ.

"But?"

"I changed my mind."

//I can't do this. This is too big of a step. No.// He jostled Chana aside.

She looked on with bewilderment as the refresher door closed and heard a painful grunt as the faucet came on.

"Qui-Gon what's wrong?"


"So he stopped before all the fun started?" Garr asks checking the i.d. of another vehicle then allowing it to pass.

You sit on a stool inside the guard house recording the night's activities into a datapad.

"Yep. I think it's because he's not attracted to me. That's got to be it."

"Nah. That's not it." Garr leans against the door, "If that was the case, he wouldn't have asked you out in the first place."

"It has to be my body. Why else would a guy pass up the opportunity?"

"I don't think that's it either. I bet you it's the big one."

"What?"

"You know. The one thing that can insight fear even in the bravest of men." He gestures for another vehicle to pull forward.

You eye the passengers. A young couple obviously in love. "Rejection? Cause--"

He shakes his head, "Worse than that. The c- word."

"C- word?"

"Commitment."

"What?!" You scowl, "I didn't ask him to be my life-mate. I thought we were going to have a little fun."

"Yea. Well..." He steps away to handle another vehicle, "You know that. And now I know that. But if all three of us knew this before going in, things maybe would have turned out differently. You didn't tell him you were a virgin?"

"We discussed that a long time ago."

"You discussed what?" He frowns at you mockingly. Garr knows you all too well.

"That I was saving myself for Bonding. But I have since changed my mind."

"Right."

"I did."

"You maybe arbitrary on your stance about virginity, apparently he isn't."

"That's ridiculous. I have not put any pressure on him whatsoever."

"Do you love him?"

You look away and wiggle your shoulders trying to work out a sudden stiffness, "That's classified."

"Hmmm. I thought so. Well he's probably trying to decide whether he loves you or not."

"I thought guys never turned down a free piece of ass."

"News alert Chana. Some males have evolved. And you got yourself hooked up with one of 'em."

"So you think he's gonna dump me?" You ask weakly

"It's hard to say."

"But if you were to put your money on it?"

"Don't make any long term plans with him. He's scared."

"Great." You mutter dejected because you do love Qui-Gon.


Your gait is slow as you walk back to the table in a smoke filled cantina. It is the same place where he asked you out several months before. At least then he seemed to be interested in you, unlike now.

Qui and Ardeth sit in a booth talking quietly. You straighten your dress and slide in next to the Master. His conversation is undisturbed by your movement. A server droid ambles over to you.

"Nectar please." You decide unwilling to give into your temptations for wine. You're not a drinker, you've only been truly indulging since you began dating Qui-Gon.

"Back so soon?" Qui turns to you.

"I got tired of playing." You say feeling Ardeth's cool gaze upon you. In recent weeks he quietly offered a cease fire you gladly accepted. No more terse comments or snap remarks just cool gazes. "The arcades get a little boring after experiencing the real thing."

You inwardly wince at that remark. The common consensus among the two is that they hate your job.

Ardeth sighs loudly shifting his position.

Why are you even here if they have so much disdain for your job? Jinn.

"We are talking business right now." Ardeth responds with all the warmth of a binary lifter.

You sip the nectar. Too sweet, "I see. Perhaps," You swallow your sorrow feeling coolness from Jinn, "we should call it a night."

"That is a good idea." Jinn nods.

"Right." You answer awkwardly staring into your nectar. Where did this go wrong? "Well. If you'll excuse me. I must be going. Next time we can pick a time when you don't have to talk business." You say mustering what's left of your self-esteem.

They attempt to stand.

"No please. I know the way from here."


Your high heels crackle on the gravel road. You feel foolish. A jedi and a soldier. Right. Why did you even hope? Because you liked-- no loved him so. In him you found so many things that were lacking in the males around you, compassion, understanding, faith in something bigger than the Security Forces, a future...

No wait. One bad date does not a relationship make. You shake your head.

//I'm over assessing the situation.//

"Chana." Jinn says running up behind you. "I'm sorry I was unable to spend time alone with you."

You smile, "I understand."

"No. You don't." Jinn's sapphire eyes study you. In them you see-- fear, "My work will not allow me to give you the life you deserve."

Your voice escapes you as your heart explodes in your chest. He stares at you with melancholy and leaves. You want to call out to him but you can neither speak nor walk.

//What did I do?//


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||