HOME LEAVE: Part 7

by:  Cheshire Cat
Feedback to:  cheshire_cat78@yahoo.com

Author's Notes:  Dear all, I hope you like the latest segment of my insanity. I must say, modestly of course *wink*, that I like this part. I laughed writing it, so I hope you get a kick out of it too.



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Obi-Wan stared miserably at his feet. Qui-Gon was pacing the floor of their room like a caged animal. If the Jedi Master was to admit it to himself, he was more angry at his own lack of motivation to have 'the talk' with Obi-Wan, than he was with the boy. Finally he stopped pacing and turned sternly to his Apprentice.

"Go stand in the corner, Padawan. I need to meditate on this."

Stand in the corner? Was Qui-Gon serious? Obi-Wan hadn't stood in a corner since he was five.

At the look of dismay on Obi-Wan's face, Qui-Gon spoke again. "Now, Padawan. I mean it."

Startled, Obi-Wan obeyed. He walked quickly to a corner of the room and stood facing the wall. He furrowed his brow. Just what was his Master going to do to him?

Qui-Gon knelt on the floor, wishing momentarily for his meditation mat.

/Why, why didn't I talk to him yesterday? Or even this morning?/ Qui-Gon fought the urge to smack his forehead. /Well, I guess what's done is done. And it was just a kiss after all. It's not like there are going to be any more babies any time soon. Maybe I'm over-reacting. Maybe I'm just getting old./ He shook himself out of his trance, prepared to talk with his Apprentice.

"Obi-Wan, come here." The boy turned around and tentatively came over to where his Master was sitting on the floor. "Sit down, Obi-Wan. I'm not angry."

"You're not?"

"Not at you. I'm a little irritated at myself though."

"Huh?"

Qui-Gon smiled faintly. "I should have told you something before today. We need to have a talk, Padawan."

Obi-Wan blushed deeply. "Oh, that. Don't worry Master. I know all about that."

"Oh, really?" Qui-Gon sounded vaguely amused, Obi-Wan noted.

"Yeah, we had a class about reproduction."

Qui-Gon chuckled softly. "Yes, Padawan. I know. I had to take that class when I was thirteen too."

"That's not what we were doing, Master." Obi-Wan said, trying to be helpful. "I think you have to be more naked to do that."

At that, Qui-Gon laughed out loud. Obi-Wan looked a little hurt. He had been trying to help, after all. There was no need for Qui-Gon to laugh at him.

"I'm sorry, Padawan," said Qui-Gon, retaining his composure with some effort. "It's just," he paused, wondering how to phrase the next part. "The kissing part tends to lead to the 'more naked' part. At least, it will once you get older. A lot older. I don't want you to do that for several years, at least. And certainly not with my niece. Is that understood, Padawan?"

Obi-Wan blushed again. "Yes, Master." He whispered. This was so embarrassing!

"Good. Well, in that case," Qui-Gon rose. "I think you should meditate on this for an hour or two. Come and find me when you have finished."

"Yes, Master."

"Me, Padawan. Find me. Not Fea'la."

Obi-Wan blushed for what seemed the umpteenth time that day. Qui-Gon smiled to himself and left his Padawan in solitude.


Fea'la sat in her room, staring at the wall. Her father had been very angry. More shockingly, Uncle Qui-Gon had been angry. She didn't think he ever got angry. And then, her father had proceeded to lecture her about sex. That had been the most humiliating experience she'd ever had. She scowled. Here it was, the High Holy Day of the year, and she was being punished. Life just couldn't get any worse. She threw her pillow at the wall, knocking a portrait off. It fell, the glass in the frame shattering.

"Damn it!" She screamed in frustration, tears coming to her eyes. She left the portrait on the floor and flung herself face down on her bed.


Keena heard the glass shatter from her own room. Ti-kan started to cry. She quickly hushed him and handed him to her husband, Nun'ken. Something was wrong with Fea'la, she just knew it. Whether it was some slight sensitivity to the Force, or just a sister's intuition, no one could tell.

Keena knocked softly of Fea'la's door. "Fea? Are you alright?"

"Go away."

Keena opened the door a crack and saw her only sister face down on the bed. She opened it a little wider and stepped inside.

"Fea, are you hurt? Did you cut yourself on the glass?"

"No," came the muffled response.

"Then why are you crying?"

Fea'la sat up, her eyes red-rimmed and her nose runny. Keena handed her a handkerchief.

"Daddy found me and Obi-Wan in the barn. We were just kissing. He got all mad. And then Uncle Qui-Gon got mad at Obi-Wan and then he-" She broke off to blow her nose again.

"Wait a minute. Did you just say you and Obi-Wan were kissing?"

"Mmhmm."

"Is he the first boy you've ever kissed?"

"Mmhmm," she answered again, wiping her eyes.

Keena grinned broadly from ear to ear and gave her sister a great big hug. "Congratulations."

"But I'll never get to kiss him again."

Keena smiled. "It doesn't matter if you never even see him again. He'll always have a special place in your heart." She looked out the window wistfully. "The first boy I ever kissed was named Ty-Per and we were both fourteen. Just like you are now."

"Did Daddy catch you?"

"Yup. I think it's his job."

At that, Fea'la started to giggle. "Thanks, Keen."

Keena smiled at her little sister. "No problem. Now, let's get this glass cleaned up before you get in any more trouble."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||