HOME LEAVE: Part 13

by:  Cheshire Cat
Feedback to:  cheshire_cat78@yahoo.com

Author's Notes:  Special thanks to Suze for all her hard work!



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Their departure had been delayed by a day. Qui-Gon had sent a brief transmission to Master Yoda to that effect.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had to have a talk. The time had come and Qui-Gon couldn't procrastinate any more.

Taking his Apprentice by the arm, he sat down on the edge of the hearth. Obi-Wan sat down next to him.

"Padawan, I have something I'd like to say," he began awkwardly.

Obi-Wan looked at him questioningly. This was a side of his Master he'd never seen before. Usually, the practiced diplomat knew exactly what to say in any situation.

"Obi-Wan, over the past several months…" he paused, uncertain. "Well, you've become very important to me. I realized that on Phindar when you were taken, and I realized it again last night in the woods. I, uh, well…" he trailed off, somewhat embarrassed.

Obi-Wan's eyebrows raised. "Master?"

"Padawan, you have become like a son to me. I guess that's why your being with Fea'la bothered me so much."

"Huh?" Obi-Wan was confused. Was his Master blushing? Qui-Gon never blushed.

"Obi-Wan, do you know what the word 'incest' means?"

"Oh, uh, yeah." Suddenly Obi-Wan understood. /So that's what's been bothering him!/ "I understand, Master. At least, I think I do."

"Good," Qui-Gon said. "Well, in that case…" He rose. "Obi-Wan I want you to know that if you ever have any questions about anything, you can come to me."

"Yes, Master. Actually, Master, I do have one question."

"Yes, Padawan?"

"How come Fea'la slapped me last night?"

"She was worried about you, Padawan."

"Yeah, but," Obi-Wan broke off, looking up at Qui-Gon. "You were worried too, right?"

The corner of Qui-Gon's mouth quirked. "Yes, I was. Are you really wanting to know why I didn't smack you? Is that what you're asking?"

Obi-Wan nodded, eyes focused firmly on his boots.

Qui-Gon grinned. "Fea'la beat me to it." He started to laugh when Obi-Wan's head jerked up. He clapped Obi-Wan on the shoulder.

"Come on, Padawan. Let's go pack."

Obi-Wan was staring at his Master's retreating form in shock. Was Qui-Gon joking? Sometimes there was just no way to tell.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||