HOME RULE: Part 2

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Daylight in Coruscant looks pretty much like night, except its easier to see the transports and buildings. You brush your long hair gingerly when you notice that Niti is not wearing her bib. She stands next to her daddy munching happily as he feeds her off his plate getting driblets of food on her new outfit.

It took you an hour to dress your kids. Yes, you know you should have waited until after they'd eaten but their fathersassured you they would not get food on their clothing.

"Qui." You sigh, "Sagirah is getting food all over her face and clothes."

The master swallows his bit of food and studies his child. Bread crumbs and bits of egg are smeared on her face.

"She looks fine." He takes another bite and feeds the left over piece to his little girl.

Shaking your head, you turn to check on Sakeri. He happily sits on his father's lap. Ardeth rakes food into he and his son's mouth. Sakeri munches cheerfully, his face covered with food as well.

"Why do I even bother?" You shrug your shoulders.

"What is she talking about?" Ardeth asks Qui

"I don't know." Qui says feeding Niti with only part of the food actually making it into her mouth.


"Hold still." You continue wiping Sakeri's face though it is difficult to do considering his squirming.

"Sagirah-Nituna do not take off your shoes!" You yell in Titanese.

She squeals. A shoe flies past you. Sakeri wiggles out of your grasp squeaking.

"Come Niti." Qui picks her up and puts her shoe back on.

"Where are you going again?" Ardeth questions sitting down on the sofa. Sakeri proceeds to climb all over him.

"I told you a field trip."

"The children are too young to go on a field trip." Qui lectures. You can hear the disapproval in his voice. They both want you to stay home, though they'll be leaving soon for the Temple.

"We need to go to the Hall of Records and update their files. So mostly it's a field trip for the incoming parents, such as myself."

"I do not like this." Qui frowns releasing Niti.

"Then tell this to your Jedi friends. It was their idea not mine." You kiss him sweetly.

"Those pedagogues at the philosophy school are not my friends."

"Whatever." You turn and kiss Ardeth. He looks even more distressed than Qui. "What you too?"

"My children should not be wandering around Coruscant." Ardeth gripes before you and he kiss again.

"We won't be wandering." You correct.

"Why did you put them in this school anyway?"

"Yoda says it will be good for them."

Ardeth's expression tells you he is not convinced. Suddenly he closes his eyes. The front door chimes.

"Why is there a man outside?"

"That's Dorjan and Jenna."

"Who is Dorjan?" Qui takes his place next to Ardeth on the sofa while you check your bag of supplies-- wet naps, snacks and fruit drinks.

"His daughter Jenna is in the same class as the twins." The anti-grav stroller turns on with a hum. "Come on let's go."

When they see they are going some where, Sakeri and Niti eagerly jump in the stroller. They wave bye-bye to their daddies.

"Well, are you two gonna sit there and bitch or are you gonna kiss your kids good bye?"


You and Dorjan calmly talk and push your empty anti-grav strollers as the Jedi handle all the paper work inside. Though you try speaking with the other parents--nothing much comes of it. They are way too aloof for you. Dorjan is more easy going. You have so much in common.

He is a retired military Major bonded to a Jedi Knight. They have two children, one is already in the creche training to be a Jedi and the other is in school with your kids. Because Lorine is a knight in the Order, he too is the primary care giver for their child.

"Four hunh?"

"Yep." You nod and take a seat in the lobby. Back and forth people criss-cross in front of you.

"Two in the creche? How did you even consider having more? When they took my son, I thought I'd die. I was so happy when Jenna didn't pass. And you gave the Order two."

"Believe me, it was not easy. But my life-mates wanted more children and ultimately so did I."

"Lorine and I thought about having more. She's so busy now and with this padawan, pregnancy is not feasible." Dorjan smirks rather embarrassed.

"Well that has not been a problem with us," you chuckle embarrassed. "So how did you handle it? Being alone?"

"I'm not sure how but I did. And I still do."

"Cold nights..." You say wistfully.

"Long days..." He adds

"Someone to be there when you've had a bad day."

"To rub your shoulders, or to sit up with you when your child has a fever."

You stare into the distance, "To share their first steps or their first words."

"She missed all of that."

"So did they."

You both sigh.

"You want to join me and Jenna for dinner? We were going to catch a bite down here."

"Sure."


"Master are most bureaucrats that deceptive?" Tarien Braith asks Ardeth. Her bluntly cut white hair bristles in the breeze.

"Padawan you will find that to be true in most cases."

Ardeth walks swiftly out the doors of the Senate building. Daylight fades as evening approaches. He and Tarien have had the distinct pleasure and misfortune of speaking with Chancellor Botham the head of the Republic Senate. Trouble in the Outer Rim territories will be sending he and his padawan far from home.

They stand in front of the senate building, the shuttle that was suppose to take them back to the Temple was not there.

"Master is that your life-mate?" Tarien asks innocently squinting in the daylight. Her eye sight is more attuned to night.

Ardeth looks at where his padawan points. He sees a man he barely recognizes standing with Chana along with three children. Two of the children are his and the third which Chana was holding is not. He controls his feelings as he sees the man pick up Sakeri and begin to play with him.

"Master the shuttle his here." Tarien informs him quietly.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||