THE GOAL: Part 1

by:  Judy
Feedback to:  brazos@iglou.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"General!" Lt. Angelina Karuthers' scolded as she smacked an errant hand away. "Keep your hands off!"

"But I just want a little piece..."

"Whining doesn't become you."

"How about pouting?" The general put on his best pouty face.

"Tempting, but nope."

"Not even a little piece? It's been a long time since I last ate," he leered.

"You're a brave, strong man. I'm sure you'll survive."

"I could always order you to give it to me."

"But you won't."

"And why not, Lieutenant?" With the General's elegant accent, her title came out sounding like 'Leftenant.' Angelina loved that. As did every other female lieutenant in the crew.

"Because it would be too easy."

"Well, there is that. How about if I use my devastating charm?" He smiled broadly and posed, arms folded in front, his uniform-clad body slipping into a sexy stance.

Angelina rolled her eyes. "Oh please."

The General looked crestfallen. "What? You're supposed to melt at my feet when I look at you like that."

"Yeah, well, it's getting kind of old." Angelina shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, but it was getting hard to keep a straight face. Especially with the comically horrified look her commanding officer was giving her. 'Control, control,' Angelina thought to herself. 'Mustn't give in too soon.'

Turning back around to her console, Angelina didn't notice the General's eyes narrow. She did hear the affronted "Hmph" behind her and stifled a giggle. She pocketed the item he'd been teasing her over. A fellow crewmember, stationed next to her at the weapons console, shook his head. "You two are pathetic," he whispered, but he was grinning. The crew loved the banter. It usually helped liven up a mostly tedious day.

"Oh, shut up, Rawls," she hissed back. Hunched over her work station, Angelina considered her relationship with the general. It wasn't like it was a secret, even though, officially, there was supposed to be no fraternization among the troops. 'Yeah, right,' she snorted. And besides it wasn't like the relationship ever interfered with her duty. The general wouldn't let it. Being a Jedi Knight, he was extremely duty concious. At times, that could get kinda frustrating. If he was ever affected, he never let it show. But teasing banter, now that was something they indulged in quite often when both were on the bridge, or anywhere together, for that matter. His wicked, wry, and occasionally silly sense of humor was one of the things that attracted her the most. That and the fact that he was a walking, talking god.

And of course when they were off duty...

"You've got it bad," whispered Rawls.

Angelina shook her head slightly. "What?"

"You're mooning over him again. You haven't done a single thing in ten minutes."

"Oh, shit. I'm that bad?" she whispered. And no doubt, the general had noticed. Not much escaped him.


General Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled faintly, eyes sparkling with mischief, as he watched his lover, Lt. Angelina Karuthers, sit motionless at her console staring off into space. He could have picked up on her errant thoughts with little effort, but why invade her privacy when he could pry the information out of her in much more pleasant and mutually agreeable ways? No doubt, she was congratulating herself on winning today's verbal battle. But it still left him shy of his goal. He'd win out. Later. For now, they had scans of several nearby systems to complete and review. Just about all the fun he could stand for one day.


It was already the wee hours of the morning when Angelina entered her quarters and promptly collasped on her bed. Even on this cruiser class vessel, quarters was tight and small, so pretty much all she had room for was a bed, desk and chair, a dresser built into the wall and a nightstand. Plus a 'fresher. Sonic shower only, of course. But then, she hardly ever saw her quarters so it didn't really matter. It had been a long, hard day. Ahh, she could just fall asleep right now...

"Beep!"

She jumped up instinctively as her commlink chimed. Still groggy, Angelina fumbled around for the switch. "Karuthers here." Her voice was hoarse and sleep-filled.

"Lieutenant. I woke you. Perhaps I should come 'round and apologize in person." The cultured voice on the other end usually was enough to make Angelina's heart race. But tonight, she too exhausted to do more than stifle a sigh that tried to turn into a yawn.

"Umm...sure sir. Whatever you think is best." With that she closed the channel. Glancing at the chronometer, she noticed she'd only been asleep for about twenty minutes. 'Man, talk about crashing.' Angelina laid back down to get what rest she could before Obi-Wan arrived. He could let himself in.


Obi-Wan had been looking forward to resuming their "battle" all day. But as he turned around from his comm station, he frowned, brow furrowed. Obviously, Angel was tired. It had been a long day for everyone. Still, he wanted to be with her whether she was asleep or awake rather than alone in his own quarters. He hated being alone.

Still wearing his uniform, Obi-Wan quietly slipped into Angelina's room. The lights were dim and it didn't take long for him to discern her prone form on the bed. Propping himself against the wall, he reached down to remove his boots, then he padded over to the bed. He smiled down at her. She lay there with one hand curled up next to her face, the other on her belly. One knee was bent. He snorted softly. She hadn't even taken the time to undress. Gently tracing a finger across her forehead, he murmured, "Sleep" to make sure she didn't wake up. He undressed her with care, then removed his own clothes, stacking every thing neatly on the floor. As he crawled into bed, he looked at the tidily arranged pile and smiled ruefully. "Old habits," he murmured.

Obi-Wan drew Angelina in close, cuddling up to her, then suddenly found himself unable to keep his eyes open. Maybe he'd overestimated his own stamina this evening. As sleep claimed him, Obi-Wan noticed his goal, what they'd been bantering about earlier, lying on the nightstand.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||