FORBIDDEN: Part 11B

by:  Jenn
Feedback to:  ipomea@email.msn.com

Author's Notes:  Just a little add in here.... Had to give Obi-Wan his time



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


The massive suns of the desert planet barely touched the horizon as the young man knelt before his Master. A certain feeling was conveyed in that magical time of the day, the knowledge of the death of a day, only to await the start of a new one. Obi-Wan Kenobi had felt such feelings before in his youth during return trips to this, his home planet of Tatoonine. Even as a young child of twelve when he had returned to his sister for a vacation, he had often enjoyed watching the great furnaces touch the sand, extinguishing their fires. It was a time for reminiscing, for philosophizing, for communing with the Force to determine your actions. This day was no different. It was the death of a time in his life, and the waiting to begin another.

His knees touched the hot sand with a low crunch. Nearby, the two persons that he had traveled to Tatoonine with lay motionless; existing in a sleep induced healing trance. Their rough landing on the planet had injured them. The elder was severely hurt, as he was the one standing behind the pilot chairs. Farre had been thrown against the control panel, injuring the Maker knew what in his torso. Obi-Wan had hit his ribs and dislocated his shoulder, but the pain was minimal. The image of the shattered cockpit and what was left of its fuselage, though, made Obi-Wan realize that the Force had indeed guided them and protected them. He was thankful. And he could feel peace and thanks of his Master too.

Qui-Gon approached his kneeling apprentice and laid his hand on his shoulder. This was indeed the end of a period, his period of being his Padawan’s Master. He smiled gently at the lowered head of Obi-Wan, nodding his in agreement. "They have conveyed on you the title of Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan. It is a passage for you into your destiny. Proud of you I am, young Knight, and am glad that I can remember you as my Padawan. It is with great pleasure that I remove myself as your mentor, and become your equal and your friend."

Gently pulling a blade from his cloak, the elder Jedi knelt next to his friend and cut the braid from his hair. The strands floated to the ground. "And so I remove from you the mantle of a Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Stand proud, stand equal."

Obi-Wan rose to his feet with Qui-Gon, reaching a hand to touch his friend’s arm in thanks. "Thank you for your guidance, Qui-Gon, and for your friendship."

"You will always have that, Ben." The man stated, turning to watch the sun sink lower into the horizon. "Have faith in that." They stood in quiet communion for several time periods, just enjoying the other’s presence. Finally, the elder turned and smiled with encouragement, "There is a meeting to decide the fate that confronts us all. You must attend now; it is part of your station."

"Yes, Mas…" Obi-Wan stopped himself with a smile as Qui-Gon shook his head. "It will take time to loose that habit, I’m afraid, Ben."

The two men smiled at one another and began to walk across the dunes to the makeshift camp that had been erected hours earlier. They had come to this place as Master and apprentice and were leaving as friends. It was the Jedi circle that all lived within in the Order.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||