FATHER

by:  Seven O'Nine
Feedback to:  jsolinas@erols.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


I don't know how I knew it.

The healers think I repressed the memory for years, of that terrifying day when the planet of Oladi erupted into war. When I was fifteen, I began dreaming. Dreaming about flames and death, screaming and blaster fire... and I cried. Master Qui-Gon didn't understand what could possibly be wrong with me.

Then as the memories surfaced, I began to remember that day, when I was only a year and a half old.

I remember crawling through the wreckage, calling out to my parents. I couldn't accept that they were gone, that I was alone in the world.

Then, on the third day, I heard engines roaring in the distance, and I saw a tall man with kind blue eyes coming toward me. He looked so much like my father. I started to cry again, holding out my arms to be hugged. And he did. He scooped me up and carried me to the transport, murmuring comforting words.

For a time, I believed he really was my father. I was so little, so afraid and in pain, that I thought that my father had somehow come back as a Jedi Knight, and was taking me away to safety. When I called the knight "Dad," he only smiled sadly.

It slowly dawned on me that my father, and my mother, were gone forever. And the knight was there for me, hugging me and drying my tears.

Soon afterwards, he vanished on a mission. I stayed at the Jedi Temple, where I was told that I had the potential to become a Jedi. And there I stayed, learning and growing. The memories faded from my mind, until now.

And now I know. I know how Qui-Gon Jinn WAS my father, when I needed one most. But until now, I couldn't remember how much he did for me.

I love you, Father. Thank you.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||