FATE: Part 14

by:  Bridget
Feedback to:  callistolin@prodigy.net



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Sidious looked down at Callisto's unconscious body, then over to Maul. The look on his apprentice's face was priceless. He had known that occasionally Maul had doubts about his master's physical prowness, but no longer. He had succeed in less that a minute what Maul had failed to do on two separate occasions. As per usual, he had to be given credit. She had been weakened considerably by Maul's previous attempts and was in partial shock. Otherwise, there would have been a fight, albeit a short one.

"I told you should would come to us, Lord Maul," Sidious said, a small amount of satisfaction in his voice.

Maul only nodded.

"I am pleased that you detected this as fast as you did. A moment later and she might have possibly let this be discovered by others. If that had happened, things...would not have gone smoothly."

Maul let his gaze drift away from his master's face and onto Callisto.

"What is to be done about her now?" Maul asked.

Sidious paused, letting it all settle in his mind. "I had expected this from her, but not quite this soon. She has forced some acceleration. See to it that she is contained."

"Yes, my master," Maul said. He bent down and picked Callisto up, tossing her over his shoulder. He then began to walk away.

"And Maul," Sidious added.

Darth Maul turned around.

"Make sure she doesn't bleed to death. It would be quite a waste."


Obi-Wan wasn't inside of himself as he ran. At that moment he was outside himself, reaching out with all of his being, following his instincts. the Force reigned supreme in his senses. He ran, not knowing where he was going, only knowing that he was getting closer.

He turned a corner, the Senate office building coming into view.


Sidious watched as Maul carried the young woman out of the room. So far, he was quite pleased. She had shown up on their steps sooner than expected, but it was of no consequence. If anything, her actions helped with his own plans.

Speaking of which, he would have to see to it that the Neimodians paid the price for the holding of this information. It was clear to him that they planned to use this to bring him out into the open to suffer with him if they failed. Not a wise decision on their part.

For the mean time, he would have to see that what Callisto had found was destroyed.

Immediately.


Obi-wan drew closer. He could sense her, he knew it. He wasn't sure how he had come to be so certain, but he could question it later. What he did know was that she was in danger. He could feel a sharp tension in the air, like the universe was holding it's breath, waiting for whatever dark presence was there to pass.

He ran.

it was almost like a nightmare. With every step he took, the building seemed to move farther away and his steps felt slower with each movement, even though he moved through the streets like a blur.

She was there, he could feel it. the Force told him that she was there. He could see that bright, blinding light in the sea of colors. He had recognized it for her when he had reached out earlier. Now he focused completely on it, ignoring all other distractions. He had to find her. He had to tell her...

Tell her what? That he felt for her? That he was sorry he had been so rude to her before, that he didn't think politely of her after they had a first real meeting? That he wanted her to stay, that he was going to protect her?

That he loved her?

No, it was too soon. How could he love someone that soon? Such things were impossible or were they?

Well, that was even more reason to find her. So that he could figure this out.

He ran faster still.


Sidious looked at the screen with the damning information on it.

"Clever girl," he drawled out.

Then he lashed out with his hand, the screen exploded in a show of glass and sparks, sending shards raining down on the floor. He worked quicker still, deleting ever record, destroying every single bit of information that had been uncovered and even the others that existed from ever being seen by eyes again.

He stopped, standing in the middle of the room, examining the destruction he had just unleashed. He smiled.

"Clever girl indeed."


He was closer now.

Obi-Wan's lungs were strained and his legs burned.

But he did not stop. He didn't even slow down. The only thing he did was run, finally reaching the building. He didn't even know where he was or exactly where he was heading, only following the source of his instincts. He felt her.

And something else.


Darth Maul moved down the empty hall, carrying the still unconscious Callisto on his shoulders. The weight of her body did not slow him, although it did make his left arm a little sore. His back felt wet. He turned his attention over to the side that felt the most damp.

The blood from her arm was soaking his robes.

He shifted her over to the right, tossing her over to where he could reach it. He help onto the place where she had been slashed, applying hard pressure to stop the bleeding,


Obi-Wan saw an elevator, but he did not use it. Instead he barreled into the stair entrance, rasing upwards as fast as his feet would carry him. Something inside of him was telling him to rush.

He didn't know why, only that he had the feeling and he went with it.

There wasn't much time.


Darth Sidious quickened his pace to catch up with his apprentice. As if sensing it, Maul slowed his own walk to allow for it.

"Is everything in place, my apprentice?"

"Yes, my master. I saw to it personally that it was all set. Soon revenge will be had."

"The first part of it," Sidious said. "I want them all wiped out. Unfortunately, that can't be done with one blow, but I am patient. We have waited years for revenge, and we will have it, but in steps. Fortunately, this one will prove to be the most beneficial."

Maul smiled and turned the corner, past a doorway.


Obi-Wan burst through the stair exit and into the hall.

It was empty.

"No," Obi-wan said. "she has...she has to be here."

It was then he noticed a door slightly ajar. He pushed it open slightly with his hand.

Inside the room was dark, but the light from the hall made the shards of glass scattered all about the room glitter like jewels. He turned on the lights.

"By the gods," he breathed.

The room had been totaled. An exposed computer panel looked as if a bomb had exploded. All about the room, fragments of it lay in various sizes, shapes, and colors. IT was horrific. But that wasn't the end of it.

In the center of the room was a broken chair. Lying underneath it was a puddle of blood, a very large one.

Obi-Wan walked over to it, tossing aside the chair. He bent down to it, looking closer at it, taking note of the trailed that led away from it.

She was gone. He had been here, only moments ago, but now she was gone.

Obi-Wan felt all the energy seep out of his body as he slipped onto the ground besides the puddle.

"Callisto," he breathed.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||