DOWNTIME: Part 4

by:  Judy
Feedback to:  willow_bend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


It was the tall man from the picture. The Jedi Master. He was looking at her with curiosity stamped on his features. He had strikingly blue eyes. Amandia noticed those right away. And his long hair and beard, mostly brownish but graying in areas. He had strong features, but his countenance was kind. An eyebrow was quirked.

Then she remembered the glass. “Oh no! The glass! I’m so sorry! I...” Amandia crouched down to try and pick up the pieces.

“No, I apologize for startling you.” His voice echoed the kindness she’d seen in his face. Amandia looked up and immediately pulled back. He was right there next to her. She hadn’t even noticed he’d moved. “Here let me take care of that,” he said, gently taking the pieces she’d picked up. His huge hands and long fingers were surprisingly nimble. He seemed nothing like that serious man in the holoscan. This wasn’t a man to fear, Amandia knew that with a sudden certainty. Just as felt safe with Obi-Wan, she knew that this man would never harm her either.

“What happened here?” A voice behind them asked. Obi-Wan.

Amandia and the largeJedi looked around. Obi-Wan, dressed in his white pants and tunics, was toweling his short hair dry. Amandia involuntarily sucked in her breath. He was so beautiful!

Beside her, she heard a low chuckle. She whipped her head around to the Jedi Master, but he was busy cleaning up the broken glass. Amandia rose up, and not quite knowing what to do with herself, walked to the couch and sat down, holding her hands primly in her lap.

Obi-Wan then saw the broken glass that his Master was cleaning up. Laying the towel aside, he came over to her and took her hands. Examining them, he said, “Are you okay? You didn’t cut yourself, did you?”

“No, no, I’m fine. I was just...”

“I startled her, Obi-Wan. She was watering my plants. Thank you for that, by the way,” he addressed to her. “I’ve been remiss in doing it. They greatly appreciate it as well.” He nodded at the plants.

“Um...your welcome.”

Obi-Wan grinned. “Amandia Samgral, I’d like you to meet my master, Qui-Gon Jinn.” Qui-Gon nodded his head and smiled. Amandia gave a shy smile back. “Master, Amandia is to be our guest for awhile.”

“Oh?”

“She needs our help.”

“I don’t really think...” Amandia began.

“What exactly is the problem?” asked Qui-Gon. He liked this young woman--there was something about her--and he suspected that she was the reason his apprentice had been late this morning. Besides, she had talked to his plants.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||