ALL MY DAYS ARE DARK: Part 1

by:  Bridget
Feedback to:  callistolin@prodigy.net



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.
Lyrics to "Here With Me" belong to Dido.


I didn't hear you leave, I wonder how am I still here
I don't want to move a thing, it might change my memory

Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide

I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
until you're resting here with me

I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
until you're resting here with me


Night had fallen.

Not that it mattered. All her days were dark. She could never really remembered a day where there really was sun. As far back as she could remember, there was always a murky darkness about, one that she could never shake, no matter how hard she tried. Light never really existed for her. Always, it had been a dream she had long since given up.

No, that wasn't entirely true. For a brief five year span, she had something. A brilliant ray of luminescence had lit up her skies in the form of a young Jedi Knight. Every moment she had been with him, hears his voice, saw his smile... Even the most terrifying aspects of her memory shattered in his wake.

And then, just like that, in one single act of violence on her part, it was gone.

The memories returned in full force. It brought back the realization of who she was.

Callisto was a dark thing who wanted to be something else, who wished for too much.

For years she had tried to hide it, buring herself in other things. As a slave, she concentrated on work and dreams of freedom. She had never truly wanted to live. Her fights with other on Tatooine were a perfect example seeing she always started them with people and things who would indefinitely kill her. Unfortunately, she was too strong and as much as it surprised her, she did have a will to live. For what though, she didn't know.

She had then taken the focus of herself and placed in on the young child who had come into her care with his mother. Little Anakin Skywalker... He had been so much like her, so young as so hopeful. It quickly became her life's mission to take the boy away from where his will would be crushed like hers had been so long ago. Now that she had her freedom, it had become her new reason to live. She had been so close to taking him and his mother away.

The Jedi came. Life changed.

She lay back, looking out the window at the stars. It was funny how quickly things happened and how they surprised. Of course, the future was rarely what it used t o be. Planning in this universe was pretty much futile. One would think that by now she would be used to it.

She was now. It was foolish to think that she could have her happy ending. She had never had one before, why would now be any different. It was her own fault. She should never have laid her trust in anyone and especially should not have gone of on that damn foolish blood quest by her lonesome. She should have gone to Obi-Wan...

Wait, wouldn't that mean she would have to trust him.

She did trust him, didn't she.

She placed her hand on her forehead. Gods, she was confused. She wanted to badly to trust him... to find him, throw her arms around him and lose herself within his embrace.

But she was afraid.


I don't want to call my friends, they might wake me from this dream
and I can't leave this bed, risk forgetting all that's been

Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide


Obi-Wan Kenobi stood out of the terrace of the new Jedi temple, looking out into the stars.

"Where are you, my love?" he asked aloud.

It had been weeks since Callisto had appeared before him, bloodied and bruised from the climatic battle with the crime lord. He had been so glad to see her alive.. but she had not been well. Yes, she had been hurt, but there was something else. That light, that fire of hers... it had been gone. He missed it. The first time he had met her on Tatooine, it had irritated him. The only thing he had wanted then was to push it away and deal with the matter at hand.

Later he realized, with Qui-Gon's help, that it wasn't irritation he felt. It had been raw attraction, but his own stubbornness had been intervening. He had wanted her from the start. It had only been when her life was in danger that he realized it.

He placed his hands on the cool railing, giving solace to his fevered palms.

She was out there somewhere. He could feel it.

He also felt a familiar hand on his shoulder. How many times has Qui-Gon done that in his lifetime? He had long since lost count.

"You are thinking of her?" Qui-Gon asked. No, it wasn't a question, more of a statement.

Obi-Wan managed a weak half smile. "Always."

He heard the sigh, another well-known sound. "I know you want to help her I do, too. But I sense that she wishes to be left alone and personally, I think she needs to be. What happened to her is something she must deal with. I know," Qui-Gon said, raising his hand to stop the argument. "I know you want to help her, but she will come when she feels the moment is right."

Obi-Wan looked down, dejected. "I know. I don't like it, though. You know that."

"I know, my friend. I know," Qui-Gon said.

The young Jedi Knight turned back to gaze out into the city. He closed his eyes expected to see darkness.

Instead he just saw red hair and blue eyes.


I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
until you're resting here with me

I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
until you're resting here with me


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||