CONFESSIONS OF A TIRED PADAWAN: Part 2

by:  Emmy
Feedback to:  amariem@worldnet.att.net



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Now that you have everything ready, you wonder how you will actually accomplish this. And part of you wonders why you are really doing it. Friends do for each other, right? That is an acceptable argument at this point. You know the mission is over, and they have returned. Now all you really need to concern yourself with is how you will get him here.

You skitter down the hallway until you come to a large set of doors at the very end. You knock hard, but it only sounds like a quiet tapping against the heavy wood. A few moments later, the door slowly opens and a gracious face meets you. “Kayla, I need your help,” you say as she opens the door to let you in.

After telling her your plan, she gives you an inquisitive glare. “I don’t get it.”

“What do you mean?”

She brushes loose strands of fiery red hair out of her face. “All your talk and all your smut…and all you want to do is this? I mean, it’s a great seduction setup if you were actually planning on seducing him. And I have it on very good authority – very good, if you know what I mean – that he would jump at the chance to—“

“Please, I’d rather not hear that,” you say.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong. I just…I dunno, I have my reasons and my own way of doing things. I want to do this simply because…because I want to. Maybe it’s kind of dorky and somewhat pubescent in its innocence, but it’s important to me. Please, could you just call over there? I don’t want to make a big deal of it for his sake.” You give her a please-don’t-ask-me-any-questions look.

“Yes, of course, I’ll call over there. And, no, you’re not dorky. You have a good heart, that’s all.” A terribly evil grin forms on Kayla’s face. “But you are missing out on a helluva lot of fun. And trust me, the man would not turn you down.”

You raise an eyebrow and smirk. “Does he turn anybody down?”

Kayla waves her hand at you. “That’s not the point,” she says as she walks over to the videophone.

“Then what is the point?”

She points directly at you, “You are im-“

“Impossible?”

“One of these days….” Kayla says in a warning tone.

“To the moon, Alice?”

She puts her hands on her hips and walks toward you, the loose emerald fabric of her gown billowing behind her. “One of these days he’s going to stop being so gentlemanly with you,” she purrs, her evil grin returning.

“Just make the call, please,” you say.

“Fine,” Kayla says, turning back toward the phone.

You step out of the camera’s range as the sound of the connection is made. A few seconds later, the image of Qui-Gon flips onto the screen, and Kayla turns it on. “Hello, Master,” she drawls.

“Hello, there,” he says in a deep voice. “It is a pleasure to see you again, little one.”

“And you,” she says. “I was wondering if Obi-Wan was around.”

Qui-Gon smiles, “I did not know you had developed such an interest in my padawan.”

“Don’t be silly,” Kayla said. “Somebody here needs him.”

Qui-Gon chuckles, “What a surprise. Anyone in particular, or shall I just send him in there asking who needs him?”

In an instant, Kayla has run behind you and pushed you in front of the screen, much to your dismay.

A large grin forms on Qui-Gon’s face. “Well, hello,” he says in a tone that implies everyone else is in on some big secret you know nothing about.

“Hi,” you say.

Kayla steps in and says, “She needs him to come over right away. It’s an urgent matter.”

“It’s not that urgent,” you say.

Kayla pushes you out of the camera’s range. “Qui-Gon, tell Obi-Wan that she needs his help very much. It is very important and it cannot wait. The longer he delays, the worse her situation will become.”

You give her that what-the-hell-are-you-doing look, but she ignores you completely.

“Kayla,” Qui-Gon says in a more concerned tone. “Is she alright? Is there some kind of trouble?”

“I cannot go into right now. Suffice it to say that she desperately needs his help. Please tell him to come quickly,” she says as you grab your hair and grit your teeth at her words.

“Of course, I will send him as soon as he returns,” Qui-Gon says.

“Thank you,” Kayla says as you collapse on her sofa and pull all the pillows over your face to scream. “And don’t you stay away too long, either.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Qui-Gon says. “I will see you this evening.”

“Until then,” Kayla says and switches off the phone.

You spring up from the couch. “What was that all about?”

Kayla laughs, “Just having a little fun. And curious to see how fast that boy can move.”

“The longer he delays, the worse my situation will become? I desperately need his help? This isn’t about me,” you say.

“Oh yes it is,” she says poking her finger into your arm.

“Listen, he told me he wanted to be undisturbed for an entire night,” you say. “I’m just trying to help him out.”

“I know,” Kayla says. “Don’t be so sensitive. But good luck getting him past the throngs.”

“That’s why I don’t want to make a big deal of this,” you say.

“I’ll keep an eye out for him, and I’ll let you know when he’s here, alright?”

“Thank you,” you say.

“But if you’re really going to let him be alone all night, where are you going to be?”

“It’s a big place. And I don’t sleep much anyway,” you say.

“You really need to work on that,” Kayla says. “Maybe a little lovin’ would—“

“Thanks, Kayla, gotta go now,” you call out as you head toward the door.

“Oh, what are we going to do with you?” she says with a laugh.

“Tie me up and let Obi-Wan have his way with me?” you say.

“See! There you go again! All talk, no action!”

You grin, “Gotta love me, huh? Thanks again for your help,” you say as you wave playfully and exit into the hallway, hearing Kayla groan at your impetuousness.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||